What's something you do that makes people go "...eh?"

Fizzzzle

For me, it's painting my nails. It started from when one of my nails got kind of destroyed from an infection, so I started painting it to cover up the damage, now I'm like... I just like having painted nails. I still suck at it, but I like it.

I also have some stupid tattoos that get asked about fairly often. I like the fact that they're stupid, though.

... I'm a hipster douche, aren't I?

I've never enjoyed sports and I find competition to be less useful in my experience than caring cooperation. This seems to be viewed as a bad or weak thing in a male by my fellow Americans. Many don't know what to do with it, so that's "weird" or questionable to them. Personally I think ball chasing should be reserved for pets, but clearly the world disagrees. :p

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I've never enjoyed sports and I find competition to be less useful in my experience than caring cooperation. This seems to be viewed as a bad or weak thing in a male by my fellow Americans. Many don't know what to do with it, so that's "weird" or questionable to them. Personally I think ball chasing should be reserved for pets, but clearly the world disagrees. :p

What if we cooperate together to take down an opponent?

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

It's not something I necessarily tell people (because...why would I?) but due to my spinal issues I pee sitting down. I guess that counts.

Sitting down to pee is the objectively superior way to pee. If I'm in my own home, I almost never pee standing up.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Well then check this if it’s a hot one, then I leave that part out!

It honestly sound like a nice snack! I sometimes just take a pack of ramen, cook and drain completely and add soy, teriyaki, a VERY small amount of sesame oil, a light sprinkle of white pepper and a tiny amount of butter. Spicy and flavorful! :sun:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

It honestly sound like a nice snack! I sometimes just take a pack of ramen, cook and drain completely and add soy, teriyaki, a VERY small amount of sesame oil, a light sprinkle of white pepper and a tiny amount of butter. Spicy and flavorful! :sun:

Yeahhhh you get it, that’s like the fancy version of mine!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

For me, it's painting my nails. It started from when one of my nails got kind of destroyed from an infection, so I started painting it to cover up the damage, now I'm like... I just like having painted nails. I still suck at it, but I like it.

I also have some stupid tattoos that get asked about fairly often. I like the fact that they're stupid, though.

... I'm a hipster douche, aren't I?

I’ve always liked nail polish, and I’ll do mine when I’m home alone on my day off. But I have this extensive list of hang ups and insecurities that add up to mean I can never do it around anyone I know. And I’m sure nobody important to me would actually care. But I’ve built it up so much in my head over the decades, it’s become this intensely personal thing I can’t share with anyone. I can tell y’all because none of you are real and will never meet me in real life. 

And I’m sure talking like this will make some people go “…eh?”, so there’s that. 

21 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I’ve always liked nail polish, and I’ll do mine when I’m home alone on my day off. But I have this extensive list of hang ups and insecurities that add up to mean I can never do it around anyone I know. And I’m sure nobody important to me would actually care. But I’ve built it up so much in my head over the decades, it’s become this intensely personal thing I can’t share with anyone. I can tell y’all because none of you are real and will never meet me in real life. 

And I’m sure talking like this will make some people go “…eh?”, so there’s that. 

Well I hope the fact that I paint my nails might help you if you want to do it. Granted, I live in the PNW where no one bats an eye if you have painted nails, so it's not a 1+1 comparison. I felt weird about it the first time I did it. And I'm still terrible at it.

I just think if you want to do something like paint your nails or sit down to pee, just do it. The world sucks enough that we don't need to judge people on the small things that make them happy.

• 1 month later...