The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan OT

SaysWho?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/08/21/until-dawn-creator-returns-with-the-dark-pictures-anthology-a-series-of-standalone-horror-games-for-ps4/

At Supermassive, we have a passion to deliver powerful cinematic stories and we’re following on from titles like Until Dawn and The Inpatient by telling new horror stories that we expect the fans will want to play. Each game in the series will feature a brand new story, setting, and characters. The Anthology format gives us the opportunity to tap into a variety of horror sub-genres. We’ve identified 39 that we’d love to represent in the Anthology, but that would take some time!

The story of Man of Medan starts off on a dive boat in the South Pacific. With a rumoured WWII wreck to find, and plenty of on-deck partying to be had, our group of 4 young Americans and their skipper Fliss get ready for what should be the trip of a lifetime…but it doesn’t go quite to plan. As the day unfolds, and a storm rolls in, they find themselves trapped on board a ghost ship. Subjected to unimaginable stress and terror, they must try to find a way to escape the ship and its sinister history.

Man of Medan, like all the games in the Dark Pictures Anthology, is hugely replayable. In fact there is more branching in Man of Medan than any of our previous games. There are multiple endings and multiple scenarios based on the decisions you make in the game. Be careful though as all the playable characters can live, and any and all of them can die, depending on the choices you make.

Through the protaganists eyes you will uncover the secrets of the mystery surrounding the ill-fated boat. Figuring this out can save their lives – but whether or not they all escape is up to you.

29221988817_f3fbc806b9_b.jpg

29221988677_31c5d3fb38_b.jpg

Looks like a cool setting that may be a little heavier on the horror than Until Dawn was. I'm very excited that it is coming to PC since the only way I got to experience Until Dawn was through watching streams. I loved the slasher flick vibe of Until Dawn and wish more games would embrace how fun horror can be. 

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I might pick this one up sometime. Until Dawn was fun for a single playthrough. I didn't love the hell of it and play through it multiple times like some did, though.

You don't replay too many games at all though, do you? I may replay it right before this new game comes out. I lost half of my folks on my first playthrough, including a character that an accquaintence of mine actually played :p

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You don't replay too many games at all though, do you? I may replay it right before this new game comes out. I lost half of my folks on my first playthrough, including a character that an accquaintence of mine actually played :p

Not many, especially story-based games like that. The ending is going to be the same, so I don't ever see much point. Sold it after I beat it while I could get a good bit for it.

• 3 months later...

Welcome aboard the Ghost Ship with this first Dev Diary from the Supermassive Games team - Learn how they designed the ghost ship from Man of Medan with all the details that make it truly terrifying!

Man of Medan will be out in 2019 on Xbox One, PS4 & PC Digital including Steam. Don’t Play Alone!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

PC Digital isn't even neutral terminology, it's downright strange. Does anyone expect PC Physical at this point outside of the odd Collector's Edition? Anyway, it's totally on Steam and launches tonight! 6 hours from this posting, in fact! I'm excited, Until Dawn was pretty damned good.

teaser for the next one. 

17 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I know they’re doing an anthology with these games now. Each one will represent a different style of horror. Would you assume this will become a yearly release?

Seems like maybe 2 a year. The second is in production and the third one is in pre-production 

• Thanks 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan OT