Gerry come get this mander

Pennsylvania and North Carolina finished.

North Carolina goes from the GOP's 10-4 gerrymander to an 8-6 map, which seems actually fair given North Carolina is a swing state that leans a little Republican and elects Democrats governor as well. It's a remedial map, and the Democratic edge on the Supreme Court could go away if Republicans do well this election, so the fight's not over.

Pennsylvania, however, is finished, and it is a fair map. There's one fewer safe Republican seat, several competitive ones, and some leaners each way. It's good.

Chris Christie doesn't like that Democrats have so far stopped Republicans from the insane gerrymandering they had the last decade.

Weird how any rational person could be against a Court striking down extreme gerrymanders for states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania which were redistricted as if they're Oklahoma. :thinking:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Chris Christie doesn't like that Democrats have so far stopped Republicans from the insane gerrymandering they had the last decade.

Weird how any rational person could be against a Court striking down extreme gerrymanders for states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania which were redistricted as if they're Oklahoma. :thinking:

"How dare a couple of black guys beat us at redistricting!"

• Sicko 1

By the by: I kind of don't trust anyone named Lee by nature. I've been doing a lot of ancestry stuff over the last year because I've been bored and everyone in my family tree who has the name 'Lee' is a racist shitbag. Not surprising when they're named after the glorious general Lee who fought for the free rights of the noble South to keep people enslaved.

I'm not descended from Bobby Lee himself but I am descended from like his great-great-great grandfather. As are probably many people in the south.

That didn't have much to do with anything, I just see the phrase 'trump judge Lee' and my brain immediately goes to lost cause revisionism and I immediately don't trust anything they say.

22 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

GOP court chooses a competitive map. 

massive W folks

wish it could’ve been even better because there’s no reason Republican should have more control in the state of Wisconsin. The 538 analysis doesn’t show big changes on the congressional level, but it’s surely not what Republicans wanted. I could only imagine how much worse it would’ve been if Scott walker was in charge.

Voting matters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Judge strikes down Kansas' map.

20220404_112146.jpg
KANSASREFLECTOR.COM

Wyandotte County District Judge Bill Klapper rules a new congressional map drawn by Kansas Republicans violates the state Constitution.

Lmao this guy is insane

On 4/26/2022 at 2:23 AM, Anathema- said:

misfortunate

220427122436-new-york-court-of-appeals-f
WWW.CNN.COM

New York's highest court blocked the state's Democratic-drawn congressional map Wednesday, concluding that the new boundaries represented a partisan gerrymander that violates the state...

6 hours ago, Jason said:

220427122436-new-york-court-of-appeals-f
WWW.CNN.COM

New York's highest court blocked the state's Democratic-drawn congressional map Wednesday, concluding that the new boundaries represented a partisan gerrymander that violates the state...

For the record, all of the judges are Democratic apointees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...