Kirby and the Forgotten Lands - Reviews are out for 2022 GOTY

Brian

ok actually I went back to the post game boss and beat him after buying power ups for the first time and got the real ending. This game was so fucking fun lol. Easy 9/10 for me, can’t wait to see where the series goes next, so happy with the direction it’s in. I think if you take nostalgia away it’s the best Kirby yet which is just awesome. A world where Kirby is doing well still has some hope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Beat the main game last night. That was so freaking good. I played the first level in post-game. Debating on continuing that. The difficulty was definitely bumped up, but I wonder how hard it gets and how long it is.

It’s maybe another 4-5 hours I’d say, if you are trying to get everything in the levels still. Otherwise you could probably do it pretty quickly if you’re just going for the minimum. The bosses get harder but if you level up the abilities none of them besides the last one are a big deal.

• Thanks 1

Finally got this! Does anyone know if the game saves besides when the saving message on the bottom right appears? I’ve read a few different places that say the game should save after you cross a checkpoint in a level but you don’t get the saving prompt there.

35 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m not sure that it saves mid level. I think they’re just checkpoints. 

I never stopped in the middle of a level, though. 

Yeah it seems it doesn’t. Luckily the levels are quick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally finished this. What a great time. The only thing that caught me off guard was the 

Spoiler

QuickTime button presses, especially wiggling the d-pad, while pressing the b button.

At the end. Any other circumstance, it would've been fine, but the arthritis/carpal tunnel was really bad in my left hand today. So it was physically painful to complete that last little bit lol. Silly.

Aside from that minor, personal gripe, it was fantastic. Thank you again @Brian

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Derek said:

Finally finished this. What a great time. The only thing that caught me off guard was the 

Reveal hidden contents

At the end. Any other circumstance, it would've been fine, but the arthritis/carpal tunnel was really bad in my left hand today. So it was physically painful to complete that last little bit lol. Silly.

Aside from that minor, personal gripe, it was fantastic. Thank you again @Brian

If i ever can get a Switch I'll definitely get this!

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Brick said:

Been playing it with my GF when she comes over, and remembers to bring it. It's delightful. Upgraded Sword to level 3 which is awesome. 

Reveal hidden contents

not that I’m aware of :(

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...