Kirby and the Forgotten Lands - Reviews are out for 2022 GOTY

Brian

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Worst part of the game is sharing healing items with teammates no longer results in a sweet makeout sesh, now it's just like a high five or a handshake or something. Disappointing. Mouthful mode could've really enhanced team healing...

Wait what? 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

Wait what? 

Kirby has always done team healing by Kirby getting the food and then momma-bird-feeding it to whatever teammate he has, like so:

47de671aaa87ccce8d2cd1c938aad4204abd6d1f

Now it's just a lame high five. How is he even giving them the food anymore?!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Kirby has always done team healing by Kirby getting the food and then momma-bird-feeding it to whatever teammate he has, like so:

47de671aaa87ccce8d2cd1c938aad4204abd6d1f

Now it's just a lame high five. How is he even giving them the food anymore?!

Thanks I could find a good gif when I looked earlier lol. It’s probably now soaking the food inside of him and transforming it into an essential oil your friend absorbs through his hand because Kirby is weird.

edit: I agree it should go back that way though, if they are trying to think it was offensive or something they are thinking too hard 

24 minutes ago, stepee said:

Thanks I could find a good gif when I looked earlier lol. It’s probably now soaking the food inside of him and transforming it into an essential oil your friend absorbs through his hand because Kirby is weird.

edit: I agree it should go back that way though, if they are trying to think it was offensive or something they are thinking too hard 

It’s all y’all woke folks. Thanks for ruining Kirby. 

I’ll admit on 4-4 I switched it to easy to get the waddle dee for defeating the twin frostys without being hit to tone down their AI. Even if you just try to die after getting hit it takes wayyyy too long to try again. I switched it back after ofc.

Played through the first world with my gf. Game is cute and fun, and even on "hard" she isn't having too difficult of a time which is good. I mean she still sucks because she doesn't really play video games, but we laugh about it and have fun haha :p

• Like 1

Really digging the leveling up of the powers in this game. Some of them get pretty wild on the third power up. I hope they add a bunch more of the old powers in the next one but also continue with that element. I’d really like to try fighter in 3D but I think the best one to add next would be one of the flying ones, they could probably build some cool challenges with those.

Making my way through the post game now, bosses can definitely be a little challenging now, make sure you know how to do the bayoneta slow motion dodge thing by the time you get here. I kind of wish there were more levels but also it’s gotta be like 20 hours to do everything so I can’t fault it for the content it has, it’s just I want as much Kirby as possible lol.

I think I’m almost done with everything. :( This game has def been my happy place lately. I’m happy to see even with tons of reviews the meta never went down as happens sometimes and held on to a nice hard 85.

Also sales in Japan have been really good and above normal for Kirbs, hope it’s the same in US/EU. It’s crazy how much they nailed it on their first attempt and this is exciting as fuck because there is going to be an amazing sequel to this coming in 2-3 years I’m sure that takes this and adds more variety and fun gimmicks and it’s gonna rule all over again.