Kirby and the Forgotten Lands - Reviews are out for 2022 GOTY

Brian

47 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I may have to play this after a few games in my lineup. I love vibrant titles like this and it seems very good gameplay wise. I look forward to it soon! First Nintendo game I've played in a LONG time.

Try the demo. I played it last night. Looks fantastic and the colors really pop. Game is so charming I can’t resist it. 

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Bud if you can’t allow Kirby fans be excited about a great entry in the series and have fun with GOTY talks in your dream world, then that’s on you. If you don’t want my reaction to your opinion, don’t tag me. I don’t go looking for bad opinions. 

Nah, you went off because I shared my opinion.

Which is pretty funny, cuz I looked after your tantrum over my opinion of game, and it's averaging about 83. Pretending I attacked the game or said anything terrible about it doesn't change that.

The game is good. It's average to me. You're the one upset about it. Bully someone else, I'm not going be deterred from sharing my opinion of a game on a gaming forum, nor quoting someone who comments on that game.

If you don’t want my reaction to your opinion, don’t tag me. I don’t go looking for bad opinions. I also don't attack others over video games.

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

So. Much. Fun. 

I can’t stop from grinning every time I play. 

You get to world 3 yet? I loooooove the theme. Ever since Mario Sunshine I’ve wanted more

amusement park

themes in 3D platformers, and there aren’t many.

I fucking can NOT find the third waldle dee in 3-2 for the life of me. No idea where they are hiding, I’m just going to move on for now and look it up later when I can google it easier unless anyone here has an idea.

That said all of World 3 is amazing and one of my new favorite platforming worlds.

• Like 1

World 4 is the

snow world

and it’s sooooo good lol. Going 3D is a game changer for how fun these levels are to replay in order to get 100%, Yoshi series needs to go this route asap. Maybe have yoshi stick to this more strict design while Kirby opens up more.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Okay, world 3 is a blast. But dammit, I can't seem to meet the time for gold in the second race in 3-2. I feel like I take all the shortcuts and go flawlessly and I still miss it by just over a second. What am I missing!?

Are you taking the shortcuts where you knock over the boxes to pass through? There’s the big shortcut right at the start where you just go instantly drop down to the right. There wasn’t anything else to it besides the shortcuts and of course make sure you are holding down turbo. You have to really look at how the angles are for some of the shortcuts I think.

My biggest gripe with this game was it being 30 FPS, because my boy Kirby's traditionally been a 60 FPS experience in most of his games. Not all, of course. But the ones that are always feel immaculate on a technical level, even the Game Boy games.

Then I remembered Yuzu, and sure enough there's a 60 FPS patch, as well as one to disable the dynamic resolution. Game looks and feels amazing at 60 and seems to have 0 issues running at a higher FPS, which is amazing to me. Still consistently amazed when an emulator can get a 30 FPS game to 60 without breaking anything.

(This guy's running on a very modest rig so he still gets some FPS drops.)

Now I just have to find a good shader cache so it doesn't stutter when compiling each shader for the first time. Found a relatively small one but I don't think it's complete. Amazingly, with the Vulkan support and async shader compute options even the shader stutters are super minor, but eliminating them altogether with a complete cache is my goal. The technically immaculate (as it can reasonably get) Kirby is almost within my grasp...

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

My biggest gripe with this game was it being 30 FPS, because my boy Kirby's traditionally been a 60 FPS experience in most of his games. Not all, of course. But the ones that are always feel immaculate on a technical level, even the Game Boy games.

Then I remembered Yuzu, and sure enough there's a 60 FPS patch, as well as one to disable the dynamic resolution. Game looks and feels amazing at 60 and seems to have 0 issues running at a higher FPS, which is amazing to me. Still consistently amazed when an emulator can get a 30 FPS game to 60 without breaking anything.

(This guy's running on a very modest rig so he still gets some FPS drops.)

Now I just have to find a good shader cache so it doesn't stutter when compiling each shader for the first time. Found a relatively small one but I don't think it's complete. Amazingly, with the Vulkan support and async shader compute options even the shader stutters are super minor, but eliminating them altogether with a complete cache is my goal. The technically immaculate (as it can reasonably get) Kirby is almost within my grasp...

Probably handles the shader compilation better than Elden Ring already :P

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Are you taking the shortcuts where you knock over the boxes to pass through? There’s the big shortcut right at the start where you just go instantly drop down to the right. There wasn’t anything else to it besides the shortcuts and of course make sure you are holding down turbo. You have to really look at how the angles are for some of the shortcuts I think.

Yeah, I got both those shortcuts and I use turbo. I don't know what I'm missing. I'll probably try it again sometime.

Worst part of the game is sharing healing items with teammates no longer results in a sweet makeout sesh, now it's just like a high five or a handshake or something. Disappointing. Mouthful mode could've really enhanced team healing...

• True 1