Kirby and the Forgotten Lands - Reviews are out for 2022 GOTY

Brian

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

You get it yet? Played some at night and it’s gonna be so good. Not sure yet if I’m going to go for 100% in all the levels but starting out that way. 

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF
I ain’t gonna miss out on the GOAT. It’s sooooooo good

• Like 1

I 100%’d the first two worlds now it’s so damn good can’t believe it took them so long to bring this to 3D it’s so natural. It’s hard to imagine much purpose for 2D Kirby anymore after this. Like I could see it going less 3D world and more Odyssey and eventually open world and them bouncing between that style and this style, but besides a throwback for nostalgia 20 or so years down the line which I’ll probably appreciate by then, this is Kirby now.  

58 minutes ago, stepee said:

I 100%’d the first two worlds now it’s so damn good can’t believe it took them so long to bring this to 3D it’s so natural. It’s hard to imagine much purpose for 2D Kirby anymore after this. Like I could see it going less 3D world and more Odyssey and eventually open world and them bouncing between that style and this style, but besides a throwback for nostalgia 20 or so years down the line which I’ll probably appreciate by then, this is Kirby now.  

I'm balls deep in DQ 11, but you're going to make me buy this, aren't you? You son of a bitch!

• Haha 1

On 3/23/2022 at 1:50 PM, Mercury33 said:

you were wrong 

Not that wrong.

It's not shit, but after playing the demo and now the first few worlds, I don't get it. It's good, but just good. 2d Kirby was better, imo. 

It controls well, but its too easy, and possibly just not for me. 

54 minutes ago, Derek said:

I'm balls deep in DQ 11, but you're going to make me buy this, aren't you? You son of a bitch!

Well they are very different games and should compliment each other nicely!

Plus everyone needs to buy this game to keep Kirby going down this path.

55 minutes ago, Derek said:

I’ll hook you up bud

31 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Eh, I played it today, my wife bought it. Its not even Game of the Month, let alone year.

Great kids game, and I know it has fans, but I wouldn't give it higher than a 7.5-8. 

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

37 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean it’s like 50/50 if it’s even real that he even really played it with the wife part most likely not being real lol

Believe whatever nonsense you like.

Its a good game. Its not, however, even in the top 5 of 2022 so far, imo (Elden Ring, Horizon, Sifu, Triangle Strategy and TotalWar Warhammer3 are all, for me, better games). I don't see what everyone is so excited about. Mario or Zelda it is most certainly not. 

Sorry me not being in love with the game seems to bother a few of you so much. Maybe that's a you problem. 

Again, from what I've played, it's an 8. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Remember, I’m a night shifter. I just finished 3 in a row and slept til 6pm yesterday. :p 

Oh right, that makes sense lol. They added so much to Allies after a year or so, I’m excited to see what they add here later on. I’d lovvvvveeee to see the Kirby 2 animals esp Rick.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I mean it’s like 50/50 if it’s even real that he even really played it with the wife part most likely not being real lol

None of its real. But I get it. We all dream of having a steam deck, hitting on all of our stock plays, being surrounded by 75” OLEDs, having a wife that games, and all the other things he thinks up. For some reason in his dream world, Kirby winning GOTY truly upsets him. No clue why. Game is fun and delightful. 

• Haha 1
  • True 1

If you haven't been to the site, there's a 'find real world objects' objective on Nintendo's Kirby Website. When you find all five, you get 100 platinum points and a code 'KIRBYMICROSITE' that let's you get in-game items or something from someone that you give the code to in the game. 

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

None of its real. But I get it. We all dream of having a steam deck, hitting on all of our stock plays, being surrounded by 75” OLEDs, having a wife that games, and all the other things he thinks up. For some reason in his dream world, Kirby winning GOTY truly upsets him. No clue why. Game is fun and delightful. 

I don't have a 75" oled. I have a 75" LED. It was less than 1250 bucks. We have a c9, but its not 75", or in my gaming room.. My wife plays about 3 games a year, max. Usually cutesy stuff. And im sorry affording a Steamdeck is so out of your reach? 

Again, I don't know why you're so bothered that I think it's just good. Its certainly not Winning any GotY awards. Nothing upset me, I gave my opinion on a game I put an hour or so into. It was good, like I said. 8.0.

I've never seen somebody so upset that their game was called "Good". Maybe you should seek help for your anger problems.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I don't have a 75" oled. I have a 75" LED. It was less than 1250 bucks. We have a c9, but its not 75", or in my gaming room.. My wife plays about 3 games a year, max. Usually cutesy stuff. And im sorry affording a Steamdeck is so out of your reach? 

Again, I don't know why you're so bothered that I think it's just good. Its certainly not Winning any GotY awards. Nothing upset me, I gave my opinion on a game I put an hour or so into. It was good, like I said. 8.0.

I've never seen somebody so upset that their game was called "Good". Maybe you should seek help for your anger problems.

Bud if you can’t allow Kirby fans be excited about a great entry in the series and have fun with GOTY talks in your dream world, then that’s on you. If you don’t want my reaction to your opinion, don’t tag me. I don’t go looking for bad opinions.