DokeV - Open World Action-Adventure Creature Collecting Game from Makers of Black Desert Online

Keyser_Soze

What is DokeV?

DokeV is an upcoming creature-collecting open world action-adventure from Pearl Abyss filled with intriguing stories and set in a unique, vibrant world. Meet Dokebi, whimsical creatures that live side-by-side with humans and encourage people’s dreams from which they gain strength. The gorgeous and colorful world of DokeV is brimming with activities, stories, and experiences, so get ready to befriend tons of Dokebi, embark on an adventure, and rock the world! Who knows, they may be dancing around you, even now..!

And if you love the song in the trailer you can download it at their website!

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to DokeV - Open World Action-Adventure Creature Collecting Game from Makers of Black Desert Online
23 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I thought this game looked awesome. While I'd rather not play as a toddler, the animations are top notch and the content looks fantastic. I will absolutely be checking it out.

Actually while I was watching it I thought of the Saints Row reboot and how this game is like the extreme of that, like SR didn't go far enough.

But also this seems to be like a Pokemon killer at the same time. 🤔

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Nobody looking at this? Where you at @best3444 @Greatoneshere @GameDadGrant @thewhyteboar @Mr.Vic20 @Brick @legend @DPCyric let's go!

Ok yeah, I skipped over this pretty much kinda confused what the hell it was about and the name is just horrible.

I don’t mind playing as the kids, I think it’s okay to have a story playing as kids, Little Nightmares, Billy Hatcher, Splatoon, Nights, and well, Pokémon, it can work okay for me. But, it does make me skeptical to start with a new franchise.

Combined with open world pokémon like by a chinese mmo dev (i get they seem to be branching beyond that now), I just looked at some pics and thought huh that looks weirdly cool maybe I’ll check it later if it turns out to be legit.

Then yeah I watched the video since you @‘d a bunch of people and it looks fucking phenomenal in several ways. Maybe Im doing my internal mind youtube compensation too much but that has to be like top5 best looking thing I’ve seen. Gameplay wise it seems so fun and varied with several great movement options (spider-man, bikes; skating, silly animals) that look fun, and interesting combat controlling your whatevermen’s. 

Yeah ok fine consider me on board this train.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

wow they are Korean! :shameonyou:

Oh wow! I’ll be honest I haven’t looked them up too much since a more single player game isn’t out just yet and just assumed Black Desert was a Chinese MMO. That makes me feel better now since it seems this is going to be an awesome dev and I don’t have to worry about their gov getting in the way.

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

That makes me feel better now since it seems this is going to be an awesome dev and I don’t have to worry about their gov getting in the way.

I don't think the government gets in the way of Genshin 🤷‍♀️ or the upcoming slew of Chinese games coming out (like Black Myth Wukong)

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I don't think the government gets in the way of Genshin 🤷‍♀️ or the upcoming slew of Chinese games coming out (like Black Myth Wukong)

I mean we will see and I’ll check out Black Myth for sure but I’m not a super big fan of the chinese government and it’s hard for me to imagine the art is not held back by political censorship still.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean we will see and I’ll check out Black Myth for sure but I’m not a super big fan of the chinese government and it’s hard for me to imagine the art is not held back by political censorship still.

That's fair. But just saying so it doesn't seem to be a concern.

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2021 at 4:57 AM, Xbob42 said:

I thought this game looked awesome. While I'd rather not play as a toddler, the animations are top notch and the content looks fantastic. I will absolutely be checking it out.

Finally I agree with something you say! Looks "next gen" too.

5 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

The graphics are insanely good but I don't think this is my cup of tea... the kids definitely put a hamper on it for one. Not only that but open world games are really hit or miss for me and I'm not seeing the hooks that get me here.

God you took the sails outta of this thread with this post right here. Ouch. 

43 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

What fun stuff?

all the traversal, movement, double jumping ,super roller skates doing tricks, spider-man swinging through the air, air dashing, water boating, skateboarding, varied melle and unique ranged options, gliding through the air kinda stuf, i mean they show a lot of mechanics and they look great, are well animated, and look fun to play. The other game I just got mostly traditional shoot shoot cover with some kind of furry vibe idk.

• 2 months later...

Interesting, but I'll hold off on slobbing the knob of this engine until I see how it runs in the real world and not just a highly edited trailer that appeared to have FPS issues. An engine looking nice is not impressive, an engine looking nice and running buttery smooth is impressive.