When should you tip and not tip?

Remarkableriots

25 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Cheap ass confirmed. 

I don't see what's objectionable about picking it up yourself to avoid having to tip the delivery guy. When I lived in NYC I'd go down to get my Chinese orders both to avoid having to tip and because it seemed stupid to spend money on tipping someone to bring me my food when it was literally just around the corner from my building.

17 minutes ago, Jose said:

Why does that make a difference? Shouldnt it be about their wage?

1. In California there's no separate minimum wage for tipped positions.

2. In other states, is barista typically legally classified as a tipped position?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

2. In other states, is barista typically legally classified as a tipped position?

Wow, you crazy commies. No, barista isnt a tipped job, so they dont deserve any tips at all ever!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I don't see what's objectionable about picking it up yourself to avoid having to tip the delivery guy. When I lived in NYC I'd go down to get my Chinese orders both to avoid having to tip and because it seemed stupid to spend money on tipping someone to bring me my food when it was literally just around the corner from my building.

Life’s too short worrying about saving a few dollars on tips.  

On 8/20/2018 at 3:20 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I only do pizza delivery if I'm stuck at work. I'll usually tip $5 then, though it's bullshit because you're also charged a delivery fee that doesn't go to the driver. 

I rarely go to Starbucks, but I'm not tipping them. They're just pushing a few buttons and pouring coffee. 

Do you guys tips Uber drivers? I started doing it this year when we used them for vacation. Just like $5 a ride.

Especially when delivery fee is $6 or more!

On 8/20/2018 at 3:43 PM, Jason said:

I don't believe it's a tipped position just like Subway or McDonald's. I sometimes get tips but I never expect it or treat people differently. 

• 4 years later...
220111-doordash-se-209p-a3d921.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A spokesperson for DoorDash said a delivery driver had been removed from their platform in connection with the incident.

"I just want to say it's a nice house for a $5 tip," the driver can be heard saying as he walks away from a home in the door camera video posted to TikTok earlier this week by a user under the name Lacey Purciful.

"You're welcome!" the resident says, appearing surprised by the remark. "F*** you," the driver responds before walking away.

"So how much should I be tipping for a $20 pie?" Purciful, who, in a separate post said she herself has worked in the service industry for over 10 years and tips "very well," wrote in a caption.

I tip for service, not products.  If the person is merely handing me the product I paid for, I do not tip them.  If they are providing some extra service or doing something I could do myself but don't want to/am too lazy to do, I tip.  So waitresses, delivery people, barber, etc. I tip.  Cashiers, fast food, take out, I don't.

2 minutes ago, Slug said:

I tip for service, not products.  If the person is merely handing me the product I paid for, I do not tip them.  If they are providing some extra service or doing something I could do myself but don't want to/am too lazy to do, I tip.  So waitresses, delivery people, barber, etc. I tip.  Cashiers, fast food, take out, I don't.

What about whores? 

37 minutes ago, Slug said:

You said this already 4 years ago.