Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.

CastletonSnob

2 hours ago, Moa said:

The developer for this game actually made Slap City, the only fun Smash-like game I've played. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is much better than it has any right to be.

I was going to say, this looks surprisingly competent.  Ludosity got a good budget for this, it’s the right fit.

You should give Rivals of Aether and Rushdown Revolt a shot if you haven’t.  Rivals is super polished, fleshed out and well balanced.  Rushdown has the best rollback netcode of any platform fighter and is the most free-form with its combo system.

14 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I was going to say, this looks surprisingly competent.  Ludosity got a good budget for this, it’s the right fit.

You should give Rivals of Aether and Rushdown Revolt a shot if you haven’t.  Rivals is super polished, fleshed out and well balanced.  Rushdown has the best netcode of any platform fighter and is the most free-form with its combo system.

Better netcode than Melee?

I’ve never been a huge fan of Nickelodeon...but it has the Ninja Turtles!? Alright, you got my attention.

I gotta read the article to see if Aang or anyone from the Avatar universe is in there, too.

The idea for this game is kinda weird, but a really solid Power Rangers fighting game came out recently, so who knows. Maybe this will be good, too.

Do any of the characters in this game speak? I was somewhat excited to play Nickelodeon Kart Racer 2 that came out last year with my kids and within a few minutes of playing you realize there are no voices in the game. No catchphrases, no speaking, no laughter, nothing. Totally killed the game for me. I'm watching this Brawl trailer and...... no character voices..... 

7 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Do any of the characters in this game speak? I was somewhat excited to play Nickelodeon Kart Racer 2 that came out last year with my kids and within a few minutes of playing you realize there are no voices in the game. No catchphrases, no speaking, no laughter, nothing. Totally killed the game for me. I'm watching this Brawl trailer and...... no character voices..... 

We don't know beyond what the trailer has shown and also a talking point in that Bosman video.

I was just happy to see ZIM included with cast, but I want Gir and Dib too. I saw Gir but I don’t know if he is just part of his introduction, but GIR is what fuels Hot Topic store merchant. So I should be able to get him as a playable character, 90% sure

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Brick said:

Neither does half the cast of Smash Bros....

1.) :raisedbrow: HALF the cast? FAKE NEWS. At best, there is a small handful of characters Sakurai purposely chose to put in the roster *because* they aren’t known for fighting. (i.e. Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt)

2.) I’m not saying it’s a bad thing. Just a little jarring since this character has never (to the best of my knowledge) shown any fighting prowess in the 30 or so years she has been around. Now suddenly she’s throwing fists in TWO games with the best of them? I mean, okay but wow that was unexpected. 

50 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

1.) :raisedbrow: HALF the cast? FAKE NEWS. At best, there is a small handful of characters Sakurai purposely chose to put in the roster *because* they aren’t known for fighting. (i.e. Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt)

1. Kirby - Although Kirby goes on adventures would youu really say he's a fighter or has fighter skills?
  2. Peach - If peach could fight she wouldn't get taken by Bowser in every game
  3. Daisy - She's no fighter
  4. Mr. Game & Watch - Doesn't this guy just catch things?
  5. Olimar - I haven't played many pickmen games but doesn't this guy just walk around collecting pickmen and not fighting?
  6. Villager - AC has no fighting and your villager really can't fight
  7. Wii Fit Trainer - S/he fights to keep the calories off and that's bout it
  8. Rosalina - Not really a fighter but a giant space woman
  9. Palutena - I really have no idea what she does but don't think of her as someone with fighting skills.
  10. Duck Hunt - This guy just picks up dead ducks
  11. Isabelle - She's even less likely to fight than the villager. How can you get lower that 0%?
  12. Piranha Plant - This thing just pops out of pipes
  13. Steve - On the fence with this one, you do "fight" in minecraft but it's pretty basic.

I left ROB off because I don't know what he does, but it's probably not fighting.

That's not half but hovering around 15% give or take is more than a small handful

@Keyser_Soze

• Kirby - Although Kirby goes on adventures would youu really say he's a fighter or has fighter skills?

Yes, Kirby fights in his games. Plus? There is literally a series called Kirby Fighters for both 3DS and Switch. (Kirby Fighters 2

• Peach - If peach could fight she wouldn't get taken by Bowser in every game

Peach doesn't get taken by Bowser in every game, and it's theorized she does this on purpose. Besides, she has fought in previous games like Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario RPG, Super Princess Peach, and Super Mario 3D World.

• Daisy - She's no fighter

Have you played Super Mario Strikers? She's no push-over. That said, you're technically correct (the best kind of correct!) since she has never thrown fists before. 

• Mr. Game & Watch - Doesn't this guy just catch things?

He's done a variety of different things, including Game & Watch: Boxing.

• Olimar - I haven't played many pickmen games but doesn't this guy just walk around collecting pickmen and not fighting?

Yes, Olimar has the Pikmin do the fighting both in the Pikmin games, *and* in Smash. Everything lines up.

• Villager - AC has no fighting and your villager really can't fight

Agreed.

• Wii Fit Trainer - S/he fights to keep the calories off and that's bout it

Agreed.

• Rosalina - Not really a fighter but a giant space woman

Spoiler

She fought and battled along with everyone else in Super Mario 3D World. Once you unlocked her, of course! 

• Palutena - I really have no idea what she does but don't think of her as someone with fighting skills.

Spoiler

She was a boss you had to fight in Kid Icarus: Uprising. That's actually the reason Sakurai put her in Smash to begin with! 

• Duck Hunt - This guy just picks up dead ducks

Or laughs at you. But keep in mind, Duck Hunt is actually a THREE character team - the dog, the duck...and YOU using the Zapper to shoot the opponents on-screen. Duck Hunt isn't the one shooting when in Smash. It's actually the player using the Zapper. And since the player has always been the one *attacking* ....I dunno this one is a gray area.

• Isabelle - She's even less likely to fight than the villager. How can you get lower that 0%?

Agreed.

• Piranha Plant - This thing just pops out of pipes

This one was admittedly a stretch, but when you consider everything this species has done...including spitting up spike balls, fire balls, etc. To say it's not a fighter isn't quite correct, either.

• Steve - On the fence with this one, you do "fight" in minecraft but it's pretty basic.

You said it yourself, you fight in Minecraft. 

My points still stand. :nottalking:

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

Smash bros sux

Sux...all your time away since you have so much fun playing it! :p 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

And what about ROB?

Yeah I don't really know. His original games he wasn't a fighter, but his introduction to Smash (in Brawl) he was basically the main antagonist so...I dunno. He's a robot, I guess he could be programmed to do just about anything! Even drive go-karts in Mario Kart, so whatever. If you wanna count him as a non-fighter, then I have no real problem with that. :coffee: