Update: Succession renewed for fourth season

• 3 weeks later...

That was an insane emotional roller coaster of an episode. Roman was pure ugliness at the end, especially pushing the brother who once defended him from his father's physical abuse. Little Logan Jr. is getting worse and worse, and I'm here for Culkin's performance.

So many great lines readings as usual, but "privacy, pussy, pasta" did me in.

I'm thinking of starting this show... I know it's a comedy/drama... but is it mostly a comedy?

Will the first few episodes give me a good idea of what it's all about or is it one of those shows that takes a while to hit its stride?

3 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm thinking of starting this show... I know it's a comedy/drama... but is it mostly a comedy?

Will the first few episodes give me a good idea of what it's all about or is it one of those shows that takes a while to hit its stride?

It's absolutely mostly a comedy and the first few episodes will definitely give you a good idea what it's about (i.e., terrible rich white people).

28 minutes ago, ort said:

You definitely feel like taking a shower after watching it. There folks are fucking disgusting. 

13 minutes ago, Komusha said:

Everyone on Film Twitter can’t stop talking about this show. I should really get on this shit.

It can get a little annoying when everyone is yelling about how good something is. I resisted for a while, but now I get to be one of the people yelling. It really is that good

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Y'know - that's a pretty astute observation!

Which is why I said 

Spoiler

If he's not dead it's because the network intervened and said they wanted to keep him on the show. Clearly the writers were leading up to this with the previous episodes especially his birthday one. The man lost to his father despite thinking he was the better man and really, in his mind, has nothing else to live for. No one loves him despite how good he thinks he is or tries to pretend he thinks he is. His father COMPLETELY emasculates him in that last conversation despite him trying to give him what he thinks he wants. It will be a HUGE cop-out if he's not dead next week.