French engineer claims to have cracked the last two unsolved Zodiac Killer ciphers, potentially revealing his identity

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to French engineer claims to have cracked the last two unsolved Zodiac Killer ciphers, potentially revealing his identity
6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

So who the fuck is it.

According to the cipher allegedly cracked by the engineer, the most likely suspect is Lawrence Kane:

Kathleen Johns, who claimed to have been abducted by the Zodiac Killer, later picked out Lawrence Kane in a photo lineup. Patrol officer Don Fouke, who possibly observed the Zodiac Killer following the murder of Paul Stine, said that Kane closely resembled the man he and Eric Zelms encountered. Kane worked at the same Nevada hotel as possible Zodiac victim Donna Lass. Kane was diagnosed with impulse-control disorder after suffering brain injuries in a 1962 accident. He was arrested for voyeurism and prowling

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

According to the cipher allegedly cracked by the engineer, the most likely suspect is Lawrence Kane:

Thank you as I don't have NYT access. Is that the same person as the Arthur Leigh Allen character that the David Fincher Zodiac film suggested was the killer?

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Thank you as I don't have NYT access. Is that the same person as the Arthur Leigh Allen character that the David Fincher Zodiac film suggested was the killer?

Different 

Fincher didn’t include Kane in the film if my memory serves me correct 

6 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Zodiac is a great movie. It manages to be creepy rather than scary, which is much harder to pull off.

9 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

The scene of the woman in the car with her baby is absolutely chilling.

9 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’ve only seen it once, but I remember it was really good and it scared the shit out of me. It was the Director’s Cut. 

Creepy rather than scary is a good way of putting it for me, though YMMV as we're seeing.

For some reason, the ending crept me out. I think after establishing

Spoiler

Arthur Leigh Allen's

character, seeing it in black and white was just... I dunno how else to describe it besides creepy.

Spoiler

8bbe5288ade8b650763169c44dd71fd739a3831a