Palworld (Pokémon x Gears of War) - update: 25 million players (15 million Steam + 10 million Xbox)

crispy4000

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Lol that was an interesting read. 🤣  

I'll pass on Pokémon all together. 

Smart. I think over the years of talking to you on this site I’m very confident knowing you wouldn’t like it. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Smart. I think over the years of talking to you on this site I’m very confident knowing you wouldn’t like it. 

I'm weird though. If I got this game for free and had a chance to try it out I'd probably like it.

12 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If you like turn based RPGs, there’s about zero reason you wouldn’t like Pokemon

Exactly. And its not my fault games that take a little bit of skill should be off the table. God forbid I make a suggestion based off a game I like on a GAMING MESSAGE BOARD. But I digress..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Exactly. And its not my fault games that take a little bit of skill should be off the table. God forbid I make a suggestion based off a game I like on a GAMING MESSAGE BOARD. But I digress..

It's only Biggie that gives you a hard time. I know you only mean well when you recommend a game. 

44 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Easy buddy boy. I’ll give you your busted balls back. 

On 1/28/2024 at 2:06 PM, best3444 said:

I didn't know that. Maybe I'll give it a shot. 

spacer.png

it’s my favorite game of 2024. :P

Also you can really customize the difficulty in almost any way you want to tailor the experience to you. Like you want to slow down how long it takes for your Pokémon Pals to get hungry, you can, slow down how long it takes for you to get hungry you can. Change XP gains, time progression, how long stuff takes to build, combat, etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Did you try Pokémon or PalWorld?

No. I was told not to then Spawn_of_Apathy tells me to play it. I need to play Fallout 4 before anything else. I just have no desire to play my deck which is strange. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No. I was told not to then Spawn_of_Apathy tells me to play it. I need to play Fallout 4 before anything else. I just have no desire to play my deck which is strange. 

Just pick a random spot in a public place, whip out your Deck and play with it until your wrists and fingers get tired. 

21 hours ago, best3444 said:

If you're tired of that deck already.. 😏

1 hour ago, eventide11 said:

If you're tired of that deck already.. 😏

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

He is currently between jobs and played it alot at the start. Guess he kinda got burned out. 

I am firing up Fallout 4 this afternoon now that TLOU2 is complete. The deck is incredible and I'd never sell it. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Palworld (Pokémon x Gears of War) - update: 19 million players (12 million Steam + 7 million Xbox), biggest third-party Xbox Game Pass launch ever

I’m still very into this game. I do wish the grapple was better. At least on Gamepass it has no audio effect when using it, but it also feels clunky. You can aim at a cliff’s edge, attach and zip up, but then your character drops a bit and has to climb the rest of the way. Thankfully or sadly, depending on your view, it can be quickly supplanted by riding a flying Pal. This is kind of true for the glider too. 

anywho, back to the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Im starting to feel the grind in the upper 30s trying to get to a high enough level I can beat the next tower before time runs out. As I look ahead to the grind after that for the next tower I feel myself getting even more bored just thinking about it. 

Maybe part of that is because Ive already discovered the entire map. There no one island I cant hang around on and fight and catch wild Pals at the level I am currently. So other than the towers and a handful of alpha/boss Pals there’s nothing to really level up on. 

it’s clear they look at and study the rest of the gaming industry. This game was not made in a bubble/vacuum. I wish they took a few more cues from Elden Ring. I didnt realize until much later in Palworld how much map space is taken up by starter areas. Where roaming Pals are around lvl 4. But the area where the game starts you is plenty good enough. The first tower not so high level it feels out of reach. The game world draws your attention toward the path to the tower, but the surrounding area feels great to explore and get stronger. I never felt like retreating to the islands SW or NE of the game’s starting area. I feel like these areas either should be where the game truly wanted me to go when I was sub lvl 15 or should have been optional places for the latter levels (40+). 

Something I hope makes it into the game at some point too is Pals getting support movies. Buffs, debuffs, sleep, etc. some abilities can stun or slow an enemy briefly, but you’re trying for it. It’s more like a happy accident when it happens. 

breeding and building a more efficient base has been quite rewarding. I like the personality many of the Pals have. Theyre still a little dumb at times, probably not helped by how cramped one of my bases has become with lodging, manufacturing for all items, breeding pen, incubators, 2 ranching pens, and enough farming to keep everyone fed and the breeding going. I have another base that is prettymuch just a mining and logging operation as the location has like 8 respawning ore rocks and a bunch of trees. I can make 1 more base but Im not sure where to put it or what I want it to be. I really wish you could link the bases in some way so inventories were shared. That would make it easier to have specialized bases, since you do have a finite amount of space. Especially if it was a type of storage where I could move items from one container in a base to another container in a a different base. It would make uprooting a base easier too. Maybe a future update thing. 

• Halal 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Palworld (Pokémon x Gears of War) - update: 25 million players (15 million Steam + 10 million Xbox)
  • 1 month later...