The IEA says we need to stop oil and gas development this year to meet climate goals

I'm disappointed that the administration isn't going nuclear on nuclear power.  It's the only carbon-neutral energy source that can provide baseload generation at the current moment.  Yes, nuclear power is a part of Biden's overall infrastructure/energy plan, but it should be at the top of list in terms of funding and fast tracking.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is Europe cool because the arctic heatwave is melting tons of ice into the ocean and said cold water is circulating toward Europe? 

I'm not expert (I just play one on the internet) but I think the jet stream might have more to do with it directly

jetstream.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Check the latest Jet Stream map and forecast

Thumbnail image may not be current

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'm not expert (I just play one on the internet) but I think the jet stream might have more to do with it directly

jetstream.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

Check the latest Jet Stream map and forecast

Thumbnail image may not be current

The UK enjoying short pants weather according to this image.

• 4 months later...
On 5/21/2021 at 11:11 AM, Greatoneshere said:

But I was told climate change won't be an ELE.

How about something close to an ELE? Like one or two steps down? Sounds like humanity is screwed to me.

No, we'll be fine...I mean there definitely won't be as many of us, but we're an adaptive species. Might even be electronic dinosaurs and shit.

• Haha 1

Start of the CNN story:

In a blow to the climate movement, US power companies are ramping up their coal consumption due to surging natural gas prices.

News outlets need to stop using phrasing like "In a blow to the climate movement," for this stuff. If you believe in the science, then it's a blow to the ability for human civilization to continue to exist for the next century. If you don't believe in the science just nut up and write that down so people know where you stand.

• True 1

8 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Start of the CNN story:

News outlets need to stop using phrasing like "In a blow to the climate movement," for this stuff. If you believe in the science, then it's a blow to the ability for human civilization to continue to exist for the next century. If you don't believe in the science just nut up and write that down so people know where you stand.

The media is going to both-sides this until we are all dead.

49 minutes ago, Brick said:

So we're fucked then. 

We were always fucked, because you can't convince large amounts of people to care about any topic for more than 24-48 hours, even if it's life or death, and especially if it involves issues more than a few weeks away.

However, the planet itself (and the species) is not doomed, life will simply change. For most that will mean it will get worse, but...well, life has always been pretty shitty for the human species.