The House of the Dead REmake [Coming (to Switch) April 7, 2022] - Coming to all other platforms April 28!

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

Cool...but what are the controls? Is there a light gun accessory/peripheral?

I'm guessing you just use the switch joycon and it acts as a light gun.

If it ever comes to PC (which it probably will) then you probably could use the Sinden lightgun

That Senden Lightgun looks cool. Crazy that it has to be a independent kickstarter getting it done. It makes me sad that all the advancements in gaming technology and there still hasn't been a good lightgun solution for consoles. I had a guncon for PS2 back in the day and had several games. Vampire Night and Time Crisis II are still sitting in my gaming folder waiting to be relevant again. Some of the best times in gaming right there.

I don't know why they can't just do a gun with a lightbar attachment a la the Wii. I want something that feels good to hold and shoot and not a crappy little wiimote/joycon.

C'mon Namco, wtf.

The cost to try to work around the limitations of current tv tech for lightgun games just isn’t worth it, it’s extremely niche and that type of game has moved on to VR now where it works better than ever. The wii solution wasn’t great either, it still felt too much like pointing even with the zapper or whatever.

House of Dead overkill fucking ruled on Wii though. I wish Sega/Namco would just release port packs done in vr for their back catalog. New ones or at least the evolution of it are already on vr but I do want some more classic style on rails ones, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood was awesome on psvr, I’d love some higher budget ones to come to quest/pc though, fucking Overkill 2 in vr omg.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

The cost to try to work around the limitations of current tv tech for lightgun games just isn’t worth it, it’s extremely niche and that type of game has moved on to VR now where it works better than ever. The wii solution wasn’t great either, it still felt too much like pointing even with the zapper or whatever.

House of Dead overkill fucking ruled on Wii though. I wish Sega/Namco would just release port packs done in vr for their back catalog. New ones or at least the evolution of it are already on vr but I do want some more classic style on rails ones, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood was awesome on psvr, I’d love some higher budget ones to come to quest/pc though, fucking Overkill 2 in vr omg.

I’ve been saying the same thing for VR. THIS IS WHERE LIGHT GUNS SHOULD BE NOW. Sorry but it almost seems geared for it perfectly now . . . and Pokemon Snap 

I love HotD and it's cool to see this get a remake but I'm not really sold on the art style. It just feels off. 

Now if you want to talk about RE house of the dead, Scarlet Dawn exist and it is amazing (if you haven't gotten a chance to play it).

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to The House of the Dead REmake [Coming April 7, 2022]
3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Actually think the remake looks decent but damn what a waste to have this not be vr. It’s really hard for me to get excited for a light gun game otherwise these days since it’s the only place they work well post crt.

Well the trailer said "premiere" on the switch, maybe the wording gives way to other platforms in the future.

Also, that Sinden light gun I think turned out pretty well for use with light gun games not on CRTs.

• 1 month later...

Game Information

Game Title: THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake

Platforms:

• Nintendo Switch (Apr 7, 2022)

Trailer:

Publisher: Forever Entertainment

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 68 average - -1% recommended

Critic Reviews

Hobby Consolas - David Martinez - Spanish - 60 / 100

‎The visual facelift and extras added to The House of the Dead are spoiled because of the control system. Playing with a pointer is not funny, and the joy-con motion sensor aiming system is inaccurate and requires us to constantly calibrate it. The experience is a far cry from Sega's legendary arcade.‎

IGN - Taylor Lyles - 6 / 10

The House of the Dead: Remake can be an enjoyable return to the classic arcade rail shooter, but performance hiccups and frustrating controls are scarier enemies than the zombies themselves.

NintendoWorldReport - Ted Hazell - 8.5 / 10

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake is precisely that, a remake of one of the most iconic and best rail-shooters of all time. In terms of core gameplay and story, there isn't much; however, the touch-ups are all that was needed for a perfect refresh. To add to this, the gyro controls are surprisingly great and the best way to play. Grab yourself a joy-con and a willing partner, and shoot your way through bullet-hell in THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD.

• Keyser_Soze changed the title to The House of the Dead REmake [Coming (to Switch) April 7, 2022] - Coming to all other platforms April 28!