Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (30 May 2024) - Biden gives Ukraine permission to strike some targets inside Russia with American weapons

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

According to this thread, a series of government planes have left Moscow in the last few hours, spreading across central and northern Russia. The theory is that officials have left Moscow to bunker locations. But...why?

Nuke time!

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

According to this thread, a series of government planes have left Moscow in the last few hours, spreading across central and northern Russia. The theory is that officials have left Moscow to bunker locations. But...why?

Perhaps they are collecting troops from other locations to bring to Ukraine like mentioned earlier in the thread?

Russia apparently wants to move up to 40,000 Syrian mercenaries to Ukraine...but only has the capability to move 300 per day. So they'll finish arriving in...5ish months. And I'm sure Russian conscripts will love finding out that Syrian mercenaries are being paid 10x as much and in the end will try and stay in Europe.

• Sicko 1

Oligarchs leaving? Obviously people on twitter are jumping to the conclusion that Russia is about to start WWIII, but the more realistic scenario is that Putin is about to crack down hard internally, and those flights to other parts of Russia were people being sent to those locations for this purpose, and then some oligarchs are fleeing. Because I don't know about you, but if global civilization collapsed I wouldn't want to be in Dubai or anywhere in the Middle East compared to a place where you can survive without power and imported food/water for a while.

EDIT - And also, an F1 event in Bahrain this weekend.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oligarchs leaving? Obviously people on twitter are jumping to the conclusion that Russia is about to start WWIII, but the more realistic scenario is that Putin is about to crack down hard internally, and those flights to other parts of Russia were people being sent to those locations for this purpose, and then some oligarchs are fleeing. Because I don't know about you, but if global civilization collapsed I wouldn't want to be in Dubai or anywhere in the Middle East compared to a place where you can survive without power and imported food/water for a while.

EDIT - And also, an F1 event in Bahrain this weekend.

I saw a report last night that said as many as 20,000 Russians have left and it's mostly those with the means to do so. That's what this could be. The speculation is nthat regardless of how this war ends, Russia will experience significant "brain drain" for decades to come. The Upper Middle Class and the Wealthy seem to be jumping ship in anticipation of a crackdown and are getting out before they can't.

• Like 1

My real worry is that Russia will become so frustrated with its lack of success in Ukraine that Putin (who I don't think is acting with a full set of marbles these days) will order nuclear, biological and chemical warfare as appropriate alternatives to solve the mess he's caused. And yes, I did say nuclear. And then it only takes a first stupid decision to initiate a tit for tat process that leads to inevitable destruction for everyone. I really don't think we're dealing with rational decisions being made these days (from practically every side). I mean, we have American politicians calling for a no fly zone (and shooting down Russian planes) as some type of political maneuver to be able to complain about Biden during future elections for not doing enough.

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Now Tucker's support for Russia makes a lot more sense. Koch funds the Cato Institute, a libertarian think-tank. For a while there, probably 10 years ago or so, I remember Tucker was affiliated with them. He maybe still is I didn't look it up, but it all makes sense now!