Buffy stars accuse Joss Whedon of creating hostile work environments

SaysWho?

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

"What he did was very bad," said "Buffy" actress Michelle Trachtenberg of showrunner Joss Whedon's alleged misconduct. "But we win. By surviving!"

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

David Boreanaz, Adam Busch, Tom Lenk and Danny Strong address Whedon's alleged misconduct on social media.

Michelle Trachtenberg, who played Dawn Summers in the series, followed with her own statement against Whedon: “There was a rule. Saying. He’s not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again,” she wrote in the caption of an Instagram post. Former costar Amber Benson chimed in, stating, “Buffy was a toxic environment and it starts at the top.”

On Saturday, Adam Busch, Tom Lenk and Danny Strong, who all played villains in Season 6 of “Buffy,” joined the ranks of supporters on Twitter. “I support Charisma, Sarah, Amber & Michelle,” wrote Busch. “I admire their courage and leadership. The truth is powerful and it prevails.”

Skillz posted this in the Hollywood Sexual Predation thread:

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=1500&h=750&ur
PEOPLE.COM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer actress Charisma Carpenter recently accused Joss Whedon of abusive behavior

Aside from the reshoots for Justice League he hasn't directed anything since Age of Ultron, so it seems his career has been over for a while. 

Does seem to have a show coming out this year though, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out with everything coming out lately... 

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

All of this stuff is in the sexual predation thread, no?

23 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Skillz posted this in the Hollywood Sexual Predation thread:

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=1500&h=750&ur
PEOPLE.COM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer actress Charisma Carpenter recently accused Joss Whedon of abusive behavior

You were mentioned by name in the OP!

This also goes beyond being a sexual predator.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@SaysWho? likes to reject existing mega-threads

FTFY. Also, read above.

19 hours ago, Brick said:

Aside from the reshoots for Justice League he hasn't directed anything since Age of Ultron, so it seems his career has been over for a while. 

Does seem to have a show coming out this year though, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out with everything coming out lately... 

Yeah, I mentioned this in the sexual predation thread. He hasn't done anything since Age of Ultron and has been super quiet since his ex-wife came out with all that bad stuff about him - all he's done since is Justice League and notice he hasn't said a peep about that film or done any press or anything for it. 

He does, as you mentioned, have a HBO show coming out, The Nevers, but he quietly "left" that show in November 2020, so . . . seems like people saw all of this coming.

the-avengers-age-of-ultron-joss-whedon-s
COLLIDER.COM

Joss Whedon will exit The Nevers, the upcoming HBO show he originally created, wrote, directed, and served as showrunner.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:37 AM, Derek said:

Joss, come on, man! I don't know why, but I thought he was one of the good ones. Hollywood is very depressing.

You gotta provide cover for your misdeeds

2 hours ago, number305 said:

So there is a bunch of stuff posted here... I read through some of it but I don't feel like reading all of that plus the 3 or so articles.  Is this guy an ass who is really mean to people, or did he sexually assault someone?

It says it in the title - he bullied his employees and created incredibly uncomfortable and toxic work environments. That's far beyond just being an "ass". He also repeatedly cheated on his wife for like 15 years, all the while claiming to be a feminist. Essentially, he psychologically bullied and tortured people, particularly women.