Taxes

Biggie

Taxes  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you file your taxes early or wait until April 15

5 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I have a hard time doing things without a deadline, so I usually end up scrambling some time shortly before the 15th. Luckily my taxes are pretty simple, as a single dude with one job. I could easily just do them tomorrow, but where's the fun in that?  

This explains exactly how my tax season goes. I could easily do it today in like 30 min. 

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Has anyone else has to wait longer than normal to get a refund? I filed mine a month ago (right before what I thought was the deadline) and got my state refund within days, but I’m still waiting on the federal. 

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Has anyone else has to wait longer than normal to get a refund? I filed mine a month ago (right before what I thought was the deadline) and got my state refund within days, but I’m still waiting on the federal. 

I dunno. I owed federal and got a refund with the state that is direct deposit but I haven't checked my account to see.

On the other hand the state of CA just gave me $600 out of the blue which was more than the refund. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

I got my taxes back about two weeks after I filed back in March, the day biden signed the bill that untaxes my first $10,200 of unemployment I filed. Waiting on a check for the difference that was supposed to start going out in early may. 

Yo I don’t have a SSN, but how do I get these awesome unemployment benefits that Dems like you keep talking about?! Spill the beans, carnal.

• 2 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 6:16 PM, TheLeon said:

Got a direct deposit from the IRS this morning. I thought it was some unexpected new stimulus. Completely forgot I still hadn’t received my refund.  :lol:

• Shocked 1

• 1 month later...