Mass Effect Legendary Edition (14 May 2021) OT - Badassfully Remastered

Pikachu

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Twice as fast, huh? I feel like I'm leveling up quickly NOW. I'll usually jump two or three levels in one session playing. We'll see if I can hit the level cap in one playthrough, but you're right. I don't think you could in the original game. I think it was on a second playthrough of an existing character that I hit the level cap.

I wonder if they just increased the XP gains in general. But I recall it being very impossible to get even into the 50s in one play through. It would take two very complete play throughs to max out, due to the higher necessary XP to level up and the XP given. 

this time around I played through on Veteran first, and got to the old lvl system equivalent of 55-56 in a single play through. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wonder if they just increased the XP gains in general. But I recall it being very impossible to get even into the 50s in one play through. It would take two very complete play throughs to max out, due to the higher necessary XP to level up and the XP given. 

this time around I played through on Veteran first, and got to the old lvl system equivalent of 55-56 in a single play through. 

Yeah I feel like I'm leveling up pretty fast. Like I said I'm level 32 already and I don't think I'm even halfway through the game yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they did increase the leveling rate in this game along with other tweaks they made.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I feel like I'm leveling up pretty fast. Like I said I'm level 32 already and I don't think I'm even halfway through the game yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they did increase the leveling rate in this game along with other tweaks they made.

they also didn’t make you have to unlock Hardcore and Insanity, and the achievements and how you can earn them for reworked. I guess they really wanted you to be able to get a maxed, or closed to maxed character with all the achievements in a single play through. Which originally was never possible. But you also don’t need to wait two years to play ME2. lol 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well mako kills are equal exp now so that helps too

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So, did this collection get its “next gen” update, or is it still running in backwards compatibility mode? I noticed the thumbnail in “My Games and Apps” now has the X/S logo it didn’t have last week. 

I almost positive it didn't get any next gen updates. They probably just added the X/S logo for shits and giggles.

7 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So, did this collection get its “next gen” update, or is it still running in backwards compatibility mode? I noticed the thumbnail in “My Games and Apps” now has the X/S logo it didn’t have last week. 

no next gen update, but it doesn’t really need it. it looks great already and the loading is really fast on ps5 

I think the loading is about 3 seconds on the Series X.

Finished Mass Effect 2 and loved it.  If I have a criticism, it's that the structure of the missions and the gameplay gets a bit repetitive and tedious before the end, and the main story missions are much stronger than the side stuff.  That said, each character has fantastic self-contained story missions that each feel like cool episodes of Star Trek.  Bioware does an absolutely phenomenal job of fleshing out the world and making you care pretty deeply about everybody.  By the end of the game, my blood was pumping and it felt propulsive.  I played a pretty strong Paragon, though there are some moments where it gets very tempting to be more roguish and aggressive.

Spoiler

Gained all party member loyalty (including Grunt and Legion), aside from Zaaed, who sacrificed himself on the Collector ship at the end.  Romanced Tali.  Chose to destroy the Reaper rather than give it to Cerberus.

I'm so excited to start the third game and continue this journey!  These are truly phenomenal games that I don't believe have anything close to an equal from the last generation.

3 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Finished Mass Effect 2 and loved it.  If I have a criticism, it's that the structure of the missions and the gameplay gets a bit repetitive and tedious before the end, and the main story missions are much stronger than the side stuff.  That said, each character has fantastic self-contained story missions that each feel like cool episodes of Star Trek.  Bioware does an absolutely phenomenal job of fleshing out the world and making you care pretty deeply about everybody.  By the end of the game, my blood was pumping and it felt propulsive.  I played a pretty strong Paragon, though there are some moments where it gets very tempting to be more roguish and aggressive.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm so excited to start the third game and continue this journey!  These are truly phenomenal games that I don't believe have anything close to an equal from the last generation.

There is a way to have EVERYONE survive the last mission... A combination of loyalty and upgrades and picking the right people to do certain tasks.

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Hide contents

Gained all party member loyalty (including Grunt and Legion), aside from Zaaed, who sacrificed himself on the Collector ship at the end.  Romanced Tali.  Chose to destroy the Reaper rather than give it to Cerberus.

a fellow tali romancer. welcome to the best romance for a male paragon shep 🤝

14 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

Reveal hidden contents

Great to hear about ME2.  I'll beat part 1 tomorrow and start part 2. I haven't played part 2 since it's initial release on the 360. I'm really looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, johnny said:

it’s a shame that EA rushed bioware to finish mass effect 3. it’s really a great fucking game that got overshadowed by like two problems. 

Other than the ending which I read got patched up decently enough what other problem is there?

On 6/5/2021 at 2:27 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

There is a way to have EVERYONE survive the last mission... A combination of loyalty and upgrades and picking the right people to do certain tasks.

In the original ME2 there was a bug that could cause Mordin to die when he shouldn’t, and the only way to keep him alive is having him in Shepard’s team. 

52 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

In the original ME2 there was a bug that could cause Mordin to die when he shouldn’t, and the only way to keep him alive is having him in Shepard’s team. 

That had to have been fixed because it never happened to me and he was never in my team especially on higher difficulites. I always went with Miranda and Grunt for nightmare runs.

23 hours ago, best3444 said:

Great to hear about ME2.  I'll beat part 1 tomorrow and start part 2. I haven't played part 2 since it's initial release on the 360. I'm really looking forward to it.

I beat ME1 today and forgot how epic the ending was. I didn't do any side quests and was only level 20 at the end. I enjoyed it but I really wanted to kinda push through it to get to ME2. I'll start that tomorrow. 

It took me 15 hours to beat it. Very cool story and for a 2007 game, it's impressive.

Remember the user doctanglethorpe (I think that's how it was spelled) that kept using "badassfully" in each of his posts when Mass Effect 3 first came out, and when we called him out on how annoying it was he threw a fit and left? Good times. 

So I’m cat sitting for my sister and I’m using her Xbox to play ME2. She has an original Xbone. The performance improvements are quite noticeable.

I now understand a bit more what PC people have been on about over the years. Going from 120fps on my Series X down to 30fps is tough in the eyes.  My eyes are adjusting, but it was giving me a headache for a bit. Also quite a bit of screen tearing on Xbone. 

Also the difference in loading times is quite significant. Quite a bit of loading on the Series X is like 1-3 seconds. On the Xbone it often feels like they’re just as long as back on the 360. 

I also cannot believe how used to using my Elite Controller I have become. All the little differences in customization and even a game like ME2 just feels different to even aim and shoot. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've still being paragon (have it full on ME3 after the Citadel II mission), but I've been getting my scars back since I have around two sections of my renegade filled.

It's a lot more fun changing it up and trying to answer more how I'd answer or how I think this Shepard should answer than keeping it 100% paragon.