Ant-Man and the Wasp will be the last Disney movie to appear on Netflix

We've known this for a while, right?

I'm adopting a floating subscription model for all of these services. I'll keep Netflix (and Prime for shipping), but the rest I'll sub to for a month, binge out what I want, then shut them off. And in the case of Disney, it's likely I'll have already seen everything in theaters anyway so it won't be a big deal.

4 minutes ago, Wild said:

I'm adopting a floating subscription model for all of these services. I'll keep Netflix (and Prime for shipping), but the rest I'll sub to for a month, binge out what I want, then shut them off. And in the case of Disney, it's likely I'll have already seen everything in theaters anyway so it won't be a big deal.

We've known about Disney's streaming service, yeah. I believe this is the first time we've found when they're going to stop putting movies on Netflix.

9 minutes ago, Wild said:

I already do this with Netflix.  It aint hard.  I'll just do 2 months Netflix, 2 months Disney, repeat!

1 hour ago, number305 said:

Well Disney is a part owner in Hulu... Is that what you mean?

56 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I had read here or somewhere else that Disney was planning two streaming services, but maybe (and hopefully) I was mistaken.

Disney, Fox and Comcast each had 30% of HULU while Time Warner had 10%. Disney got 30% from Fox so they own 60% so controlling ownership of HULU. 

I think the only news here is that we now know the exact end of the Disney / Netflix arrangement. For me, I'm not sure what I'll do. Right now the big Disney films are some of the few Blu-Rays that I still buy. Either I'll end up subscribing to the new Disney streaming platform and I'll buy fewer of those films, or I'll just keep going as is.

The real question for me about Disney's new service, is if the original content will be worth whatever price they come up with. They're spending $100M on a new live action Star Wars, so that certainly has my attention. If they can fill the service with worthwhile stuff I haven't already seen elsewhere, I might sub. If the lure is primarily films I've already seen, many of which I already own, I'll pass.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Was Fox's stake in HULU part of the Disney deal?

yup

Disney may offer its customers the option to purchase a discounted bundle of its three streaming apps — Hulu,  Disney’s upcoming streaming service and ESPN+ — according to comments made by Disney CEO Bob Iger during the company’s’ earnings call this week. He said Disney would rather keep the three properties separate, rather than trying to combine them into a more robust “aggregation play,” so as to better address cord cutters’ desire to pick-and-choose the services they want.

The company will own 60 percent of Hulu when its $71.3 billion deal to acquire 21st Century Fox closes. It already owns ESPN, which now offers a streaming service called ESPN+, and is launching its own Disney-branded streaming service in 2019 that will feature Pixar, Marvel, Disney, Lucasfilm (Star Wars) and, eventually, it now says, National Geographic content.

While Disney’s service is meant to be more family-friendly, Hulu will cater to a more adult market. And the plan is to keep those two separate.

Iger had previously said the idea that a bundle could exist in the future wasn’t out of the question, but had not been definite about Disney’s plans in that area.

Now, he’s making it more clear that Disney believes there’s value in offering a discounted bundle of its services, rather than combining all their content under one roof.

“So rather than one, let’s call it, gigantic aggregated play, we’re going to bring to the market what we’ve already brought to market [with the] sports play. I’ll call it Disney Play, which is more family-oriented. And then, of course, there’s Hulu. And they will basically be designed to attract different tastes and different segment or audience demographics,” Iger explained, in response to a question about whether or not it would ever build an aggregated streaming app instead of pursuing the different market segments

https://techcrunch.com/2018/08/08/disney-may-offer-a-discounted-bundle-of-hulu-espn-and-its-new-streaming-service/

Good thing there are other services that stream movies in the off chance I want to watch them. Tho, Once the MCU is basically over, I'll prolly buy all the movies. They are fantastic entertainment. And being entertained is all I ask for.