The next Mass Effect - N7 Day 2023 trailer shows off a nice overcoat or trench coat

Commissar SFLUFAN

BioWare will gladly sell you a poster of the very nice coat for $45

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

For the price of a full game, you can instead get the vague promise of one to put on your wall.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

BioWare will gladly sell you a poster of the very nice coat for $45

WWW.PCGAMER.COM

For the price of a full game, you can instead get the vague promise of one to put on your wall.

That seems reasonable.

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

Doesn't BioWare have multiple teams per studio? I don't see how one team couldn't be working on Dragon Age, and the other on Mass Effect, unless they are all focusing on DA. 

I honestly don't know what BioWare looks like currently as far as studio structure. 

It really wouldn't surprise me if it's absolutely "all hands on deck" for Dreadwolf considering their most recent output (Andromeda, Anthem) just as it wouldn't surprise me if there is a dedicated Mass Effect Next team.

11 minutes ago, Brick said:

Doesn't BioWare have multiple teams per studio? I don't see how one team couldn't be working on Dragon Age, and the other on Mass Effect, unless they are all focusing on DA. 

Keep in mind they recently had a bunch of layoffs including the writer for Baldur's Gate, Lukas Kristjanson, so prospects for any project coming out from them being any good is pretty grim.

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What happened to the team that made the trilogy? 

A lot left after 3, including the two founders of BioWare Doctors Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka probably because of EA demanding too much with too little development time, and whining entitled fans always throwing a fit (especially after 3's ending), so they said fuck the games industry, and now Zeschuk got into craft beer, and Muzyka runs an investing company. 

• Shocked 1

56 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I honestly don't know what BioWare looks like currently as far as studio structure. 

It really wouldn't surprise me if it's absolutely "all hands on deck" for Dreadwolf considering their most recent output (Andromeda, Anthem) just as it wouldn't surprise me if there is a dedicated Mass Effect Next team.

From what they said in June when Austin gave up SWTOR:

As we look toward the future, BioWare is focused on being a leader in developing immersive, emotionally charged, single-player games, with teams primarily in Austin and Edmonton. This means a renewed focus on our two key franchises: Dragon Age™ and Mass Effect™. For Dragon Age, we continue to build, polish, and tune an exceptional experience we know our fans will love. We can’t wait to share more on this soon. For Mass Effect, we continue pre-production with a core team of veteran storytellers who are bringing the deep franchise history forward in a spectacular new way.

It sounds like they are focused on DA.

Edit:  Bioware confirmed to GameSpot that ME is still in pre-production.

On 11/9/2023 at 9:48 AM, Brick said:

A lot left after 3, including the two founders of BioWare Doctors Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka probably because of EA demanding too much with too little development time, and whining entitled fans always throwing a fit (especially after 3's ending), so they said fuck the games industry, and now Zeschuk got into craft beer, and Muzyka runs an investing company. 

fans are terrible but bitching after 3’s non patched ending was justified lol 

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

BioWare is absolutely focused on Dragon Age: Dreadwolf because the Dragon Age series SIGNIFICANTLY outsold the Mass Effect series.

It's not even close!

That's nuts. DA only has one good game whereas ME has 3 great games with 1 bad ending.

12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

BioWare is absolutely focused on Dragon Age: Dreadwolf because the Dragon Age series SIGNIFICANTLY outsold the Mass Effect series.

It's not even close!

Are you sure?  I know DA:I sold well, but I had thought ME3 was Bioware's best selling game.

Realistically, I just don't think they are big enough to have two games of this size in active development at the same time.

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I wonder if that has anything to do with ME1 being an Xbox 360 exclusive initially. 

Do you mean for consoles? Because ME1 released on PC just 6 months after its release on Xbox 360, and like Dragon Age: Origins, the PC version's HUD and UI are totally different and as a result using KB/M makes the game play, feel, and control completely differently.

BioWare sadly homogenized ME2 and DA2 for console play and all the cool things BioWare did when it focused primarily on PC-first experiences when it came time to more in depth inventory management and combat were lost after ME1 and DA: Origins for PC. Even their console ports were stripped down and then BioWare never looked back.

I meant that it was not on PC initially and not on PS3 at all. Even the 6 month difference to PC can make a difference because hype dies down, spoilers abound on the internet, you can see a drop off from what you could potentially see day and date when the marketing campaign is at its highest point. But the biggest miss on sales was it being excluded from PS3, because it was published by MS. And that may have hurt sales of ME2 on PS3 too. 

• True 1

10 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I meant that it was not on PC initially and not on PS3 at all. Even the 6 month difference to PC can make a difference because hype dies down, spoilers abound on the internet, you can see a drop off from what you could potentially see day and date when the marketing campaign is at its highest point. But the biggest miss on sales was it being excluded from PS3, because it was published by MS. And that may have hurt sales of ME2 on PS3 too. 

Ah I follow you - makes sense. It should be noted also that while all the Dragon Age games released on all major consoles and PC at the same time, Mass Effect 2 didn't release on PS3 until a year after its simultaneous PC/Xbox 360 release. So twice with Mass Effect the PS3 got screwed in terms of releases.