House Democrats to take on historic vote to decriminalize marijuana

24 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I really want to know who the 6 and 5 are, respectively

The Republicans who voted for the bill are Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz, the bill's co-sponsor, as well as Reps. Brian Mast of Florida, Tom McClintock of California, Denver Riggleman of Virginia and Don Young of Alaska. The Democrats against were Reps. Cheri Bustos and Dan Lipinski of Illinois, Henry Cuellar of Texas, Conor Lamb of Pennsylvania, Chris Pappas of New Hampshire and Collin Peterson of Minnesota.

200401132931-01-marijuana-flower-file-su
WWW.CNN.COM

The House of Representatives has approved legislation that would decriminalize marijuana and seek to "address the devastating injustices caused by the War on Drugs."

Cuellar has always sucked on this issue.

7 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So what does this mean for my brother, who's had to deal with probation and jail time for marijuana use?  I assume nothing.  I don't have high hopes.

Well it definitely doesn't mean anything until it's actually signed into law.

18 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So what does this mean for my brother, who's had to deal with probation and jail time for marijuana use?  I assume nothing.  I don't have high hopes.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well it definitely doesn't mean anything until it's actually signed into law.

Is his conviction from a state or is it federal?  Does this bill even do anything about state convictions?  

The fact that the terminology is Green New Deal instead of New Green Deal always irks me. I get it's based on the New Deal but New Green Deal works too and doesn't sound as weird! Well, I guess it's less accurate since there was no Green Deal, but whatever! New (Green) Deal then!

3 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

The fact that the terminology is Green New Deal instead of New Green Deal always irks me. I get it's based on the New Deal but New Green Deal works too and doesn't sound as weird! Well, I guess it's less accurate since there was no Green Deal, but whatever! New (Green) Deal then!

Bruh New Green Deal sounds way more awkward.

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Was there an original green deal? 

New! Green Deal would work lol

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Bruh New Green Deal sounds way more awkward.

Only because you've been hearing "Green New Deal" your whole life. Since when do we put "new" in the middle? Only exception I can think of is "brand new."

Think of it another way... I got a new green car vs I got a green new car!

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Nothing. It needs to become law, and even then states can still prohibit cannabis. The bill would certainly encourage states to legalize and wipe away past convictions, but it does not force states to do anything.

The good news for your brother is eventually he will probably be able to get his record wiped away, but it depends on when his state decides to have more rational laws. 

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

Happy to see this passed, but it's also important to focus on STEM education. As in, no stems, no seeds, no sticks

Give me those seeds and ill make chia plants in the crib that's chronic and im sellin em for 500 a pop.