Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

Abrams would be a great pick.

She owed $50,000 in federal back taxes until a year ago. She would get dragged so hard for it and it’s the kind of thing that ill informed people will fall for big time. It’s pretty clear that VP picks hardly ever help the top of the ticket, but they can pull it down just enough. 

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not down with intersectional theory?

It's this notion that minorities are solely based on skin color and it reminds me too much of Resetera, where they want a woman or person of color and not a "crusty old white guy," forgetting that we haven't had a Jewish president or an openly LGBT president.

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

Whoever of these 4 white guys that wins the nomination (Sanders, Butti, Bloomberg, Biden), please pick Stacey Abrams as VP.

Yes please (and I don’t care about them trying to attack her having owed the feds, it doesn’t matter they will attack anyone and the positive energy she would bring would surpass any negative that brings).

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yes please (and I don’t care about them trying to attack her having owed the feds, it doesn’t matter they will attack anyone and the positive energy she would bring would surpass any negative that brings).

Not “paying your fair share of taxes” on a ticket of people who will likely be proponents of tax increases is such an easy weapon to wield that actually works with the public. I see people working minimum wage-ish jobs complaining about people being on the government dole, when undoubtedly they are getting back way more in EIC than they pay in any taxes on their income.

That sort of stuff actually works. The “they will attack anyone” line does not understand what types of attacks work and why.

37 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not “paying your fair share of taxes” on a ticket of people who will likely be proponents of tax increases is such an easy weapon to wield that actually works with the public. I see people working minimum wage-ish jobs complaining about people being on the government dole, when undoubtedly they are getting back way more in EIC than they pay in any taxes on their income.

That sort of stuff actually works. The “they will attack anyone” line does not understand what types of attacks work and why.

I thought Republicans hate taxes doe. Doesn't not paying your taxes make you smart?

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

The heavy Bernie areas getting released last TOTALLY won't feed any conspiracy theories. 

I honestly DON'T think that there was any anti-Bernie conspiracy at work here. I think the app was some combination of incompetence/grifting, and I think the order of the eventual results getting released this way has been coincidence. But if you were going into this inclined to believe that there would be a conspiracy against Bernie, and those people are many, then boy has there been a lot for you to work with.

I still do wanna know how they spent a day and a half doing what they described as "quality control" of the results and then had a serious data entry error this afternoon that they had to go back and fix an hour later.

10 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I honestly DON'T think that there was any anti-Bernie conspiracy at work here. I think the app was some combination of incompetence/grifting, and I think the order of the eventual results getting released this way has been coincidence. But if you were going into this inclined to believe that there would be a conspiracy against Bernie, and those people are many, then boy has there been a lot for you to work with.

I still do wanna know how they spent a day and a half doing what they described as "quality control" of the results and then had a serious data entry error this afternoon that they had to go back and fix an hour later.

All I'm suggesting is it's serving up conspiracy fodder on a silver platter regardless of whether it was an intentional attempt to screw Bernie. 

The SDE winner may come down to whether or not one satellite caucus ended up with over or equal/under 600 attendees. If it does, the SDE count doubles from around 5.5 to around 11.

What an entirely stupid system.

Bernie Sanders raises a staggering $25 million in January to fuel Super Tuesday push

Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign raked in a whopping $25 million in January alone and will use the haul to bankroll ads and staff across the critical Super Tuesday slate, it announced Thursday.

The Vermont senator raised more in January than in any other month so far in the 2020 Democratic presidential primary, his campaign said. It added that it received 1.3 million donations from roughly 650,000 people.

The flood of cash came just before the start of 2020 primary nominating contests. Iowa held its first-in-the-nation caucuses Monday, while New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina will follow with primary events later this month.

The delegate-rich Super Tuesday contests will take place on March 3. The Sanders campaign will put $5.5 million into television and digital ads in 10 states that hold primaries that day: California, Texas, Arkansas, Colorado, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah.

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The SDE winner may come down to whether or not one satellite caucus ended up with over or equal/under 600 attendees. If it does, the SDE count doubles from around 5.5 to around 11.

What an entirely stupid system.

599 attendees, you lose

600 attendees, double points, winner, winner!

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

From the nytimes article on this:

The $25 million haul is more money than any other candidate raised in any full quarter during 2019, including several presidential hopefuls who hold the big-dollar fund-raisers that Mr. Sanders forgoes.