Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I think Sanders has a good heart (not in a literal since he has an actual bad heart) but it would be a mistake for the party to make him the nominee.  In my opinion he would be the most vulnerable against GOP/Trump attacks.

Buttigieg- pedo 

Biden- where's Hunter? 

Warren- Pocahontas

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I think Sanders has a good heart (not in a literal since he has an actual bad heart) but it would be a mistake for the party to make him the nominee.  In my opinion he would be the most vulnerable against GOP/Trump attacks.

The GOP would attack anybody, but the one most open to Republican attacks is Biden. This isn't even up for debate.

8 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

The GOP would attack anybody, but the one most open to Republican attacks is Biden. This isn't even up for debate.

Yeah how do you watch an impeachment "trial" literally caused because Trump and the GOP thought there was a mountain of dirt to dig up on Biden and come away thinking Sanders has the biggest target on his back?

It seems like the big news agencies are all in larger caucus places, which I’m guessing aren’t where Biden will perform best. But it’s looking really bad for him thus far :lol:

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

If your goal is to attract moderates (or at least not scare them away), I'm not sure having the candidate who is the most leftist is a winning strategy in November.

There is no such this as a moderate in 2020. You're talking about some mythical person that would totally vote for Biden over Trump but is also totally ok with Trump being president. The only people that fit that criteria are billionaires and there aren't enough of them to matter. Anyone else just doesn't pay attention to who they're voting for or what's going on in the world to a dangerous degree.

11 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

If your goal is to attract moderates (or at least not scare them away), I'm not sure having the candidate who is the most leftist is a winning strategy in November.

Your mistake is thinking that self-proclaimed moderates (I'm assuming you mean independents) actually aren't for his issues.

It's just a bunch of shit people made up. Republicans think their own views are sane.

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

There is no such this as a moderate in 2020. You're talking about some mythical person that would totally vote for Biden over Trump but is also totally ok with Trump being president. The only people that fit that criteria are billionaires and there aren't enough of them to matter. Anyone else just doesn't pay attention to who they're voting for or what's going on in the world to a dangerous degree.

F.Y.I. A REALLY good friend of mine told me last week that if Bernie is the nominee he would probably vote for Trump because Bernie is going to raise his taxes by $10,000.00 a year. These people exist and they ARE out there.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

And I think the reason for that really has been the oft talked about growing divide in this nation. Both the left and the right have been pushing each other to the outer extremes, and there's practically no one left in the middle. Democrats have never been so supportive of socialized medicine and free college, and Republicans have never had such a raging stiffy over turning the US into a dictatorship.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

F.Y.I. A REALLY good friend of mine told me last week that if Bernie is the nominee he would probably vote for Trump because Bernie is going to raise his taxes by $10,000.00 a year. These people exist and they ARE out there.

My brother doesn't vote but will if Sanders is the nominee. 

YMMV :p 

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

And I think the reason for that really has been the oft talked about growing divide in this nation. Both the left and the right have been pushing each other to the outer extremes, and there's practically no one left in the middle. Democrats have never been so supportive of socialized medicine and free college, and Republicans have never had such a raging stiffy over turning the US into a dictatorship.

This is actually the reason I don't find Sanders far-left at all. If anything, I find he's more the center-left (my favorite stories always involve Europeans who are confused why Sanders is called far-left) because affordable health care for all vs. dictatorship is a hell of a far-left/far-right contrast.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it does seem that Biden may not even finish 2nd.

Again, this is just going off the places the big media is covering, but Biden is under viability in the first round in a LOT of places being covered. I’ve seen some 20 different sites covered, but who knows how representative those are to the whole.

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You mean the dangerously uniformed people? Of course they do, that's why I mentioned them. These are the people not scared by facts but by Republican attacks. There's zero reason to pander to them and dumb us all down in the process. All you can do is educate them, hope for the best, but not rely on them because they are by their very nature unreliable.

To qualify for the mid-Feb debate under the DNC rules you need to either meet the polling threshold or have at least one delegate in the national convention. Are the delegates that are being brokered in these caucuses by non-viable groups coming together delegates to the national convention? 

5 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It's the Internet's fault and I'm not even making that up. The more liberal leaning of folks can be exposed to people all around the world and realize the US has it pretty awful. Like when you're everyday chatting buddy is some rando in Canada, that's second hand experience nobody had unless they had family North of the border.

Same goes for the other side of things. Google and Facebook can just isolate you in their attempts to feed you the content you want. That just drives people further into that right-wing bubble. I'm a Christian guy that taught a highschool Bible study and was also a children's pastor for years. There has always been this idea of rabbit hole Christians that completely avoid the world outside of their religious ideals. The Internet has made it just that much easier.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

My brother doesn't vote but will if Sanders is the nominee. 

My point was that there are folks would vote Democratic who's second choice is NOT another democrat but Trump for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You mean the dangerously uniformed people? Of course they do, that's why I mentioned them. These are the people not scared by facts but by Republican attacks. There's zero reason to pander to them and dumb us all down in the process. All you can do is educate them, hope for the best, but not rely on them because they are by their very nature unreliable.

Dangerously uniformed people make up the majority of the electorate of this country and until Democrats and progressives not only accept that reality, but learn to talk TO those folks rather than talk down to them, they will continue to lose when it counts. But carry on... what really counts is TRYING euro 2016 thumbs up GIF by Sporza

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It's the Internet's fault and I'm not even making that up. The more liberal leaning of folks can be exposed to people all around the world and realize the US has it pretty awful. Like when you're everyday chatting buddy is some rando in Canada, that's second hand experience nobody had unless they had family North of the border.

Same goes for the other side of things. Google and Facebook can just isolate you in their attempts to feed you the content you want. That just drives people further into that right-wing bubble. I'm a Christian guy that taught a highschool Bible study and was also a children's pastor for years. There has always been this idea of rabbit hole Christians that completely avoid the world outside of their religious ideals. The Internet has made it just that much easier.

Yep Yes GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The word "moderate" used in a political context literally makes my skin crawl.

"Moderates" have been complicit in some of the worst suffering in human history because of their commitment to that mythical ideal.

I think the term gets misused a lot in our everyday dialogue.

I think it isn't meant to describe someone whose views fall in the middle of the spectrum of ideas; I think instead it describes someone who isn't committed to one party or the other, and who might support separate tenets from each party. Outdoorsmen, for example, who want public land access but also want gun rights. Or someone like myself who would like to cut funding for the military but would also like lower taxes. It's not that I don't know where I stand on the issue of taxation or environmental protection or whatever - it's that sometimes you have to hold your nose and vote for a candidate with whom you disagree on multiple issues - and for many people like that, they don't know whom they disagree less with - Trump or the Dem nominee.

(That isn't my particular situation. I'll never vote Republican. But I know a lot of people who would love to vote for someone other than Trump, but who fear someone perceived to be as radical as Bernie). 

Side note in Bernie's favor: I think Bill Maher made a great point on Friday. He said other than Trump, Bernie is the only candidate who has an army. Who has people willing to get in the streets. I think that's where we are these days. And I think Maher is right.