Girl defeats rival team, secret investigation begins to see if she's transgender after loser parents accuse champion

16 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

No, I acknowledge that sexual dimorphism is a thing and I know that the destruction of gender / sex based sports and leagues would, on account of patriarchy, make things shittier for women’s sport in general.

None of that makes what took place in the OP any less shitty and dumb.

You need to go big brain up a level. 

These laws exist to prop up the patriarchy. Sore losers like this don't just come up out of nowhere. Guarantee you the winner is not part of the "community" that the losers belong to.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

What is there to discuss about the OP and why haven’t you brought up whatever that is?

48 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Ghost has an absolutely impressive ability to never address what a person is actually saying and just keep making their own pet points. Ben Shapiro-esqe!

lolol

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

My brothers in Christ why are you arguing the merits of rightwing culture war bait. 

This is all I’m saying. If there is nothing else to address to the OP then just let the thread die as threads do. We don’t need to put this same argument we’ve done a bunch of times already into the air every time an article has to do with a trans athlete. 

Let’s just wait until there is an actual problem with men storming women’s competitive sports pretending to be trans in order to dominate and then figure out what to do, maybe we will have more collective information as a society to better handle that by then should it occur. 

Or I guess we will just wait for this exact same argument to happen five or so more times until Wade gets sick of it and bans bringing it up.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There’s a very real difference between allowing a literal child to play in the sport as a member of their identified gender and one for adults. I don’t pretend to know the solution for semi pro or professional trans athletes (mark this down as a first) but at the high school level and below the answer is quite clear: who cares let them play

Fair enough, I agree with this sentiment.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Spoken like someone who was never an athlete. And if you think the kids get nothing out of that environment, you're completely wrong. Being a visible, high level athlete opens doors, even if you never made pro leagues. 

I'll die on the bridge of maybe we shouldn't have so much money resting on the backs of student athletes. There is nothing anyone can say that would convince me otherwise. The fact that the pro sports league have grossly misused student athletes as a free minor league talent pool while dangling scholarships to cover forever increasing tuitions while making coaches some of the wealthiest public servants in the nation isn't the real focus is ridiculous to me. You all are carrying water for the most loathsome sports organization in the nation.

Kids shouldn't have to look outside of school to be able to play sports and other extracurricular activities with their own classmates when their schools have an offering that's right there and mostly free. What you actually want are actual minor leagues that pay their players actual money and maybe even offer tuition reimbursement as a benefit to their employees. Don't tell me semi-pro leagues can't be successful when the planet is literally full of successful semi-pro leagues. They only aren't successful in this country because they have to compete with leagues that have free labor and collude with the highest level pro sports leagues to keep it that way.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Ghost has an absolutely impressive ability to never address what a person is actually saying and just keep making their own pet points. Ben Shapiro-esqe!

Nobody can tell me why I should care about the "competitive advantage" of student athletes outside of their financial implications as far as "opening doors" or college scholarships. I would love for someone to explain why any of this is important when money isn't an issue.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nobody can tell me why I should care about the "competitive advantage" of student athletes outside of their financial implications as far as "opening doors" or college scholarships. I would love for someone to explain why any of this is important when money isn't an issue.

“Why is this important besides the reason why it is important” is exactly the issue with many of the posts here! You view athletics as just something fun to do with classmates, but the people actually involved in competitive athletics do not view it that way, and that includes the trans kids. They don’t put in the crazy training hours, missed activities with friends, dealing with injuries, just for fun. These kids treat it far more seriously than you do.

Maybe it would be better if it were all just a fun thing to do with classmates, but it isn’t.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

“Why is this important besides the reason why it is important” is exactly the issue with many of the posts here! You view athletics as just something fun to do with classmates, but the people actually involved in competitive athletics do not view it that way, and that includes the trans kids. They don’t put in the crazy training hours, missed activities with friends, dealing with injuries, just for fun. These kids treat it far more seriously than you do.

Maybe it would be better if it were all just a fun thing to do with classmates, but it isn’t.

Because they enjoy the competition because it's fun for them. They enjoy the rush. They love the sense of accomplishment. They love the feeling of pushing themselves to the extreme. You're looking at the work athletes put into their sport as some sort of financial and souless transaction. As if they're investing their time and youth into an endeavor with the goal that it'll pay out in the end.

Any student athletes that isn't playing a sport because they enjoy it is playing for other, periphery reasons. In this country, that's usually for free college or hope of a career. Nobody is sacrificing themselves for a sport they hate when they have no financial incentive.

I went to a college to play soccer and become a chemical engineer. Due to a knee injury in my freshman year, I decided to quit playing and focus on my studies. I have never disappointed my father more than that decision. I was shocked he was that mad. He would not talk to me for months. When he finally did, it was trying to convince me to change my decision. He actually set up calls with the coach to convince him to let me back on the team. It took him a long time to get over it. Parents are way too invested in kids sports. 

36 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nobody is sacrificing themselves for a sport they hate when they have no financial incentive.

What do you think we all do here everyday, Ghost?!?! 

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Right - it's settled then!

Rather than permit trans athletes to compete under their claimed identification, it would be preferable to see women's competitive athletics go away entirely.

Just when I think I know where your leading the conversation,  you take a hard right.

And I love you for it

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

ITT Bloodyhell is a pro athelete now.

Oh yeah, where did I make this claim? Its funny how you twist everything you disagree with, but have no argument against. Where did I claim anything like that? 

I did play multiple sports competitively in hs,  and I know how hard athletes work for scholarships and places on pro teams. 

• 2 weeks later...