Ant-Man 3: Jonathan Majors cast as Kang the Conquerer

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonathan-majors-ant-man-3-marvel-universe-1203028234/

After a star-making turn in HBO’s hit series Lovecraft Country, Jonathan Majors is now ready to make his mark in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in a big way. Majors has been tapped for one of the lead roles in the next Ant-Man movie opposite Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily. The studio had no comment, but sources close to the project say he is likely to play the super-villain Kang the Conquer.

Sources add that like with so many new characters in the MCU, there could be a twist with how the character is featured in future films, but as of now he is likely to be one of the main villains in the next installment in the franchise.

Whoa!

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I haven't heard of the Young Avengers either, but I would be shocked if they drop the Fantastic Four into Ant-Man 3. I feel like FF are a big enough deal that they'd introduce them in their own movie.

I think it would be weird to just drop them in without introduction, this allows them to skip or massively shorten the FF origin story. Plus Kang premiered in FF and is a direct decedent of Reed Richards

On 9/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, TwinIon said:

Is this good? I've never heard of Kang.

Kang is the good stuff. One of my faves. 

As far as Ant-Man's tone goes, both of his other villains were serious even though the rest of the film is light and jokey. Scott having to deal with his first real Marvel villain sounds awesome.