Anybody growing shit this year?

Joe

I built 2 4ftx8ft raised garden beds during the shutdown and they took off like crazy. 3 different tomatoes, yellow squash, zucchini, cucumber. Then we have some random plants in big pots like green peppers and herbs. I got a carolina reaper plant but it's not doing much yet. We had some romaine lettuce plants that produced a ton then they hit the end of their life cycle so we pulled them out. We also have a giant row of pumpkin plants that already have some growing a few inches in diameter. 

Our only problem is we have squash bugs attacking our yellow squash and zucchini plants. I have to go out daily to remove the bugs and also use pieces of tape to remove their eggs that they lay on the leaves. They end up trying to burrow inside the plant down near the roots. Plant will start wilting and die pretty shortly. Very annoying. 

squash-bug-and-eggs-2.jpg

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

My wife has a vegetable garden but I am trying to convince her to give it up. All it does is attract squirrels that eat her hardwork and try to nest in our house to stay close to the food supply. 

Have you tried being a good husband and poisoning the squirrels for her?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

My wife has a vegetable garden but I am trying to convince her to give it up. All it does is attract squirrels that eat her hardwork and try to nest in our house to stay close to the food supply. 

Have you ever thought about trying taxidermy? You could create an entire village of squirrels!

57 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I put a squirrel cage out and catch as many as I can.  I drive them to the nearest reservation and release them. It’s a never ending battle that I am tired of. 

My dad has given up gardening for this very reason. Having a dog helps I feel. We have 2 and we only get a few chipmunks that shit themselves whenever I let the dogs out.

2 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

Tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, chives, strawberries, carrots, beans, mint, parsley, thyme, lettuce and a few others.  

herb and vegetable gardens are a must.  

My chive seedlings are growing terribly and slowly. Help me, Brian. Did you start yours from seed?

1 hour ago, Jose said:

My chive seedlings are growing terribly and slowly. Help me, Brian. Did you start yours from seed?

The chives were a start... but I’ve had them going for about 5 yrs now. Chives, strawberries and cilantro all starts.  The rest seed

3 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

The chives were a start... but I’ve had them going for about 5 yrs now. Chives, strawberries and cilantro all starts.  The rest seed

How tall before you trim? I've heard 4 inches, but mine only get to 3.5 inches (story of my life, har har har).

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

Just cherry tomatoes. This is the first thing I’ve ever grown. What’s the best one to grow? 

Still learning that, too. I'm growing Ramapo, Rutgers, some weird heirloom our neighbor gave us, and a super sweet cherry hybrid. Pretty psyched. 

18 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

Tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, chives, strawberries, carrots, beans, mint, parsley, thyme, lettuce and a few others.  

herb and vegetable gardens are a must.  

I’m going to steal a little bit of our plot purely to grow herbs as it’s so much nicer when cooking

My sister has a bunch of various types of tomatoes and peppers going in her garden. She also has some sweet potatoes for mom, snow peas, zucchini, carrots, turnips and a bunch of various herbs. 

Don’t worry Rachel, I got the weed front cover back there too. I have 10 strains growing at this moment:

Alaskan Purple

Jack Herrer

Durban Poison

Blueberry 

Glookies (seed and reveg attempt grow)

Black Domina

Rainbow Kush

Blue Dream (clone from current tent grow)
LSD (clone from current tent grow. Just tossed her out there yesterday)

Fruity Pebbles x Unknown (from last years grow that got impregnated by my neighbour’s grow. Seed fell in the ground and sprouted on its own in the early spring. Originally plant was very Indica like, but this cross has shown a very Sativa like leaf/tall lanky structure)