Have you, or has someone you know, contracted COVID-19?

Have you, or has someone you know, contracted COVID-19?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Have you contracted COVID-19?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hell if I know
  2. 2. Have you been tested?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you know someone who has contracted COVID-19?

• Yes
    • No

I was tested after my stepfather received a false positive test. We all had to get tested in the house and all of us came back negative for the virus and the antibodies (including my stepfather who was tested a second time) I'm traveling now and will get tested again next week after I get back to Jersey. First time on a plane since the pandemic began.

I know several people who had contracted the virus including my Uncle who works at a hospital (he has recovered and is back to work)

A family friend was one of the first people I know to get it back in late March. It ran through her family who were all in town for a funeral and while she recovered, two ofe her family members did not. I have a cousin who is a correction's officer, she has contracted it. I also have a friend in LA who is a Cop. He had it but has recovered and is back at work I believe. Those are just the people I know personally, having been in the New York/New Jersey area for the past four months I know of a TON of cases second hand. Unfortunately I'm expecting to hear similar news from Los Angeles :(

Brother just told me he tested positive for Covid. He was traveling (by air) for a Go Live and got tested when he arrived at the hospital, so he's headed back (by air). Says he has a bitter taste, and shortness of breath, but feels fine otherwise. 

Might go get tested, was at his house for his birthday June 7, and my other brother who was there as well, came over my house for a second on my birthday June 14. I was socially distant around his (bond) fire pit, and in my three seasons room in both case (about 10 feet of space between us); and before that we all had been fairly quarantined. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't partake in any of the party favors at his house. 

Kind of funny I'm typing this on the toilet and just realized there is no TP in the bathroom. 

• Sad 1

Update, so far no one he has spoken to that was at his party has shown any symptoms or been sick other than his girlfriend (who is full blown sick). 

My sister was with him on Father's Day visiting their dad (my step dad), and she has been exceptionally tired; but she did just take her boards on June 10 and her D3 year started mid June so she's been studying around the clock for the past two months. Maybe that is part of the fatigue, but she's getting tested tomorrow. 

12 hours ago, Jose said:

Kind of surprised so many do not know anybody that tested positive. Then again, I live in an early breakout state.

I’m not talking to many people right now. It’s possible somebody at my work got it but I’ve barely spoken to my coworkers since March lol. Plus I’m 25 so my friends are mostly young and healthy. Maybe some of them had it and were asymptomatic 🤷‍♂️

So far, all but one of my coworkers are back. One just got a diagnosis last week, so she'll be out for a while. The others were out for over a month. All but one have made good recoveries. One is still kind of sapped. She's 53 and two he her kids got it and recovered quickly, but she's still getting short of breath easily. She came back to work this week and did okay, but you can tell she's not her usual self.

My wife has been working in her works testing tent and today she tells me today they have already tested three times as many people as they did all weekend three weeks ago. They are being overrun by people that have symptoms compared to how it was a month or two ago. Shits nuts.

Update: Its been a week and my brother and his girlfriend are doing well. She its not showing any signs of the flu anymore, and he doesn't feel any worse off than he did before. They were both asked to come back in and get retested, they get their results tomorrow. 

Fortunately, no one who had come in contact with them has shown any symptoms or tested positive. 

On 6/25/2020 at 1:56 PM, osxmatt said:

Hey funny enough, I just got an email from my company saying they're going to be sending me an at-home COVID-19 test every 7 days for the foreseeable future.

Will report back results.

Just dropped my first at-home test kit in the mail this morning.

I should have results by EOD tomorrow.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:16 PM, Commodore D said:

Update: Its been a week and my brother and his girlfriend are doing well. She its not showing any signs of the flu anymore, and he doesn't feel any worse off than he did before. They were both asked to come back in and get retested, they get their results tomorrow. 

Fortunately, no one who had come in contact with them has shown any symptoms or tested positive. 

...... :|

Was discussing in a fellas chat a video my wife's friend showed us of people at Medusa Restaurant & Lounge Friday night, inside, 100s of people, shoulder to shoulder, no mask. Comments from barber's and hair stylist telling people if they were there, don't come see them ever. 

My step brother (yeah I added a degree of separation previously not there), the one who had Covid, replies:

"Right"

"Because that's how it is spreading."

"Tbh when I let my guard down I visited my Sands at his club on June 12th. And started showing symptoms shortly after."

"Lessoned learned."

"It's not a game."

..... Went so hard in on him, for his selfishness (not only is he a former cancer patient, but his dad had lung cancer, and his mom just got a new kidney), he probably wont talk to me for months. 

Also told him that he needs to tell his Sands to close down, he wont miss the money. Save the idiots from themselves and himself.