Masters of the Universe: Revolution (continuation of story from Revelation) - Official Trailer (Netflix, 25 January 2024)

Just finished. I loved it. So many wonderful nods to the show and even the movie but none of it was done in a “hey member this” type of way. Such a cool and interesting story to tell that amazingly makes perfect sense considering it’s coming from a show with zero continuous story. Can’t wait for the next 5 episodes. 

Also, holy hell is Evil-Lyn hot

Are you posting that crap as examples of the ridiculous insecure bullshit that exists or because you agree with it? That video is such a shinning example of unintelligent pseudo intellectual trash that I watched it a minute longer than I should have because I honestly thought it was going to turn out to be a parody video. That’s how staggering out of touch and moronic it is. 

• Thanks 1

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the classic series but my gawd does it bring back some warm and fuzzies. Loving the animation and at times, really has a slightly stiff 80’s animation with some movements at times. Normally that would be jarring, but it feels right here. I kept thinking Liam Neeson was Man-at-Arms but surprised to see that this was just more Game of Thrones alumni. As for the voices. I find Gellar a little wooden with her voice work at times, but delivers in others. Rest of the cast has been great, and I just love hearing Stephen Root again. (Bring back Jimmy James and NewsRadio reboot please) I did the first 3 on Fri and the last 2 last night (Moby Dick was my inspiration and boy the colours look amazing)  All I really wanna say is POOR ADAM but can’t wait for part 2

Couple of things... the show is called "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE", not "THE HEMAN SHOW". Two, there's ANOTHER WHOLE PART. All the Heman lover-fanboys need to calm the fuck down. That said, Kevin Smith did himself no favors with some of the interviews he did before the show came out. Not surprsing because the guy LOVES to hear himself talk and cares waaaay too much about what the internet says and thinsk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Couple of things... the show is called "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE", not "THE HEMAN SHOW". Two, there's ANOTHER WHOLE PART. All the Heman lover-fanboys need to calm the fuck down. That said, Kevin Smith did himself no favors with some of the interviews he did before the show came out. Not surprsing because the guy LOVES to hear himself talk and cares waaaay too much about what the internet says and thinsk.

Agreed. Also I know it’s Masters of the Universe so it’s hard to take TOO seriously… but the guy was straight up asked to respond to rumors that would spoil the show before it dropped. What’s he supposed to say?

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Agreed. Also I know it’s Masters of the Universe so it’s hard to take TOO seriously… but the guy was straight up asked to respond to rumors that would spoil the show before it dropped. What’s he supposed to say?

He could have been a little less definitive in his answers or just said "You'll have to watch the show." Instead he gave what now seem to be deliberately misleading answers... at least based in this first part. It's Masters of the Universe like you said so it would seem like it would be hard to get THAT worked up over the show but it does have a huge base of passionate fans. That said, we all know where a lot of this hate is coming from and why. 

“He-Man is a great character of course, but like Superman, he’s got a limitation inasmuch as He-Man is the most powerful man in the universe,” Smith said. “So there’s literally nobody he can’t beat. And if there is somebody he can’t beat, well, he can just take the sword because that’s the sword of power. So when you have an impossibly overpowered character like that, you got to find creative ways to tell a story that isn’t like oh, I guess he’s going to win because he always wins. I felt like Teela was our way into that.”

Lena-Headey.jpg
WWW.CHEATSHEET.COM

Kevin Smith tells reporters how Lena Headey and his 'Masters of the Universe: Revelations' voice cast brought more to their roles.

I just finished it. It’s fun! And it’s meaningfully better than the original show, which was… not good? I loved it as a kid, had lots of figures and play sets. But it was never great and often bad. This is a fun romp. 

It’s occasionally less kid friendly than probably makes sense given the source material but they didn’t The Dark Knight Returns it up, which is good, nor did Smith give in to his worst instincts aside from a completely boneheaded, “no glove, no love” quip. 

I guess I can appreciate someone wanting this to solely focus on He-Man but other than that it’s difficult to imagine having any kind of bone to pick with anything happening here. It looks good and it’s fun. 

7 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Just finished this up, it was good but not enough for me to return when the second half comes out. Not sure if its just me but Headey's VA and dialog seemed to be head and shoulders above everyone else especially Gellar's.

It wasn't just  you - she completely OWNED that role in every way possible.

8 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Just finished this up, it was good but not enough for me to return when the second half comes out. Not sure if its just me but Headey's VA and dialog seemed to be head and shoulders above everyone else especially Gellar's.

Gellar's voice. . . . doesn't really fit Teela.

1 minute ago, Dre801 said:

Gellar's voice. . . . doesn't really fit Teela.

Like I said earlier that she sounds too wooden at times, but delivers in some others. Still I’m with you that her voice doesn’t work for her. I think Jennifer Carpenter would of been a better fit, as she delivered in the Batman animated movie as Selina Kyle 

8 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I just finished it. It’s fun! And it’s meaningfully better than the original show, which was… not good? I loved it as a kid, had lots of figures and play sets. But it was never great and often bad. This is a fun romp. 

It’s occasionally less kid friendly than probably makes sense given the source material but they didn’t The Dark Knight Returns it up, which is good, nor did Smith give in to his worst instincts aside from a completely boneheaded, “no glove, no love” quip. 

I guess I can appreciate someone wanting this to solely focus on He-Man but other than that it’s difficult to imagine having any kind of bone to pick with anything happening here. It looks good and it’s fun. 

It’s crazy. If you watch the “Fan Favorite Top 10 He Man Episodes” DVD that’s out there you’d go “hell yeah, this show is as great as I remember”. There were def some fantastic episodes with surprisingly deep stories and messages. But then you go to the complete collection and start watching ALL the episodes and sweet Jesus is a lot of it sooooo cheesy and awful. 

One thing I really loved about Revelations was the attention to detail not just from the original show but from the toys. Just little things like weapon design was so spot on. They really managed to tap into nostalgia without beating you over the head with it. 

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

One thing I really loved about Revelations was the attention to detail not just from the original show but from the toys. Just little things like weapon design was so spot on. They really managed to tap into nostalgia without beating you over the head with it. 

Yeah hardcore He-Man fans will recognize "Wonderbread He-Man" appearing in Preternia.

4 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

It would be cool if we got something like this with TMNT!

They sort of did on the 2nd to last TMNT reboots on Nickelodeon. They did a crossover I think 3 parter where the CGI new guys meet the classic cartoon TMNT and original comic book versions of themselves as well. It was called Turtle Forever and I think can be found on YouTube, I found a clip

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't. He's made a ton of money and has been in PLENTY of movies. I was just having fun... Dennis Haysbert has PLENTY of memorable roles including  President Palmer on 24 and Serrano in Major League "Fuck you Jobu!" :lol:

Its amazing how many people don’t know he played BOTH of these guys. I usually get back “NO HE’S NOT!!!” and IMDB.com we go, “Holy Shit! I would never of put them as the same guy” Plus I’m behind a season or 2 of Lucifer, but he’s on there playing God in Season 5 I believe. 

1 minute ago, silentbob said:

Its amazing how many people don’t know he played BOTH of these guys. I usually get back “NO HE’S NOT!!!” and IMDB.com we go, “Holy Shit! I would never of put them as the same guy” Plus I’m behind a season or 2 of Lucifer, but he’s on there playing God in Season 5 I believe. 

I myself didn't realize he was Serrano until YEARS after the fact :p

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Don't. He's made a ton of money and has been in PLENTY of movies. I was just having fun... Dennis Haysbert has PLENTY of memorable roles including  President Palmer on 24 and Serrano in Major League "Fuck you Jobu!" :lol:

Oh I don't doubt you. I just imagine being a guy that's actually very accomplished as an actor and all people say when you're around is "That's All State's stand."

On 7/26/2021 at 3:40 PM, silentbob said:

I think he’s playing God in the Allstate commercials too. 

MastersoftheUniverse_Revelation_Part1_Ep
WWW.INDIEWIRE.COM

Smith says anyone upset with his new "Masters of the Universe" series "doesn’t understand" the original it's based on.

“I know there’s some people that are like, ‘Hey, man, this show’s woke,’” Smith told Variety about the backlash. “I’m like, all right, great, then so was the original cartoon we’re fucking sequel-izing. Go watch it again. There are girls in every episode. Deal with it.”

Rob David, vice president of content creative at Mattel Television, also defended the storytelling decision. “My favorite movies are ‘The Empire Strikes Back,’ ‘The Wrath of Khan,’” he said. “The hero gets really hit hard, and then the story becomes about how the hero gets back up again and better and stronger than ever. In basically stripping away all the comforts the hero took for granted, the hero reveals to him or herself what truly makes them strong inside and then have to rebuild.”

“We thought by having an unexpected character [Teela] go on that journey in real time with the audience,” David continued, “we would be able to really hit just how important He-Man is, and just how important those themes are.”

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

I'm still trying to figure out how woke is even a bad word.

Its not. In any sense of it. 

What makes these scum bags come off even more stupid is that this season is only half over. Maybe wait to see how it all plays out before bitching. 

• Guillotine 1

4 hours ago, Reputator said:

I'm still trying to figure out how woke is even a bad word.

I'm still trying to figure out how MotU is woke.

As an outsider, the intolerance that has been embraced by the left in the US -- which is heavily associated with wokeness and cancel culture -- is definitely a negative thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I'm still trying to figure out how MotU is woke.

As an outsider, the intolerance that has been embraced by the left in the US -- which is heavily associated with wokeness and cancel culture -- is definitely a negative thing.

The fuck are you talking about