~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

The Federal government doesn’t have the infrastructure to make vaccinations happen. The issue right now is point of service, which the feds can’t do much to help with.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Well, actually, got the "it's getting more serious with someone I've been on a few dates with" text. But that sounds like she's been multiple in person dates with this guy so maybe she wasn't as safety-smart about all this as I thought/maybe I misread the tone of her saying I was probably right so...bullet dodged??? 

I think I knew this deep down but honestly trying to meet people on online dating seems sort of pointless right now, may as well just try to lose some weight and wait for the fuckfest that's probably coming once vaccine rollout is far enough along. 

I've been dating a lady since July.  Met on OK Cupid.  I work from home and only see one friend (and his wife) who also works from home along with my brother and mother.  She goes to school from home and only sees her parents and one brother.  So we meet up, she's very COVID conscious and the first date was at the patio of a Chipotle and after that it was walking paths at public parks until the weather turned cold.  She's socially awkward and it's been really slow for reasons I still am not really getting, but I don't have anything else going on and I like her.  We played through all of Portal 2 and Battleblock Theater Co-op on Steam.

Just find one that's COVID cautious if you can, I don't think there's a ton of risk in meeting one person.  Of course meeting in person with COVID and winter is tricky, can't get very outdoorsy.

14 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I've been dating a lady since July.  Met on OK Cupid.  I work from home and only see one friend (and his wife) who also works from home along with my brother and mother.  She goes to school from home and only sees her parents and one brother.  So we meet up, she's very COVID conscious and the first date was at the patio of a Chipotle and after that it was walking paths at public parks until the weather turned cold.  She's socially awkward and it's been really slow for reasons I still am not really getting, but I don't have anything else going on and I like her.  We played through all of Portal 2 and Battleblock Theater Co-op on Steam.

Just find one that's COVID cautious if you can, I don't think there's a ton of risk in meeting one person.  Of course meeting in person with COVID and winter is tricky, can't get very outdoorsy.

It's Los Angeles, so the weather isn't really a problem, but the ICUs are full and the case numbers are still going up. We're the epicenter of the pandemic right now. A few months ago I wouldn't have been so skittish about meeting up for an hour. 

Just now, Joe said:

Is this the COVID 19 thread or the Jason hates Andrew Cuomo thread lol

I think general Andrew Cuomo incompetence is fair game in this thread. He's fucking things up on COVID because nobody's willing to stick their neck out and risk outshining him.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

That article has nothing to do with COVID 19 brah or even Cuomo’s incompetence!

Cuomo is a garbage Democrat version of Trump because nobody is allowed to outshine him. Maybe not as completely incompetent, but same exact personality profile.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Cuomo is a garbage Democrat version of Trump because nobody is allowed to outshine him. Maybe not as completely incompetent, but same exact personality profile.

No is ever going to get through to you. Carry on.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Well, actually, got the "it's getting more serious with someone I've been on a few dates with" text. But that sounds like she's been multiple in person dates with this guy so maybe she wasn't as safety-smart about all this as I thought/maybe I misread the tone of her saying I was probably right so...bullet dodged??? 

I think I knew this deep down but honestly trying to meet people on online dating seems sort of pointless right now, may as well just try to lose some weight and wait for the fuckfest that's probably coming once vaccine rollout is far enough along. 

I retract my previous advice of:

On 1/9/2021 at 6:34 AM, Spork3245 said:

Just don’t go full-Toobin on the call

Doing a Toobin on a video call with her may have made you the front runner in her heart. 
Missed opportunities: live and learn!

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I retract my previous advice of:

Doing a Toobin on a video call with her may have made you the front runner in her heart. 
Missed opportunities: live and learn!

Kind of difficult to go full Toobin on a video call when she declined doing a video call. :p

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Damn, just found out one of my former physicians died from covid. He was older, was my husband's doctor when he was a kid. He ran a small practice with his son and they both got the virus. From what my mom-in-law told me, his son wasn't as stringent with masking and gloves. Ugh.

I've been relentlessly trying to protect my parents in all of this. I don't worry about my mom but my dad is more loose with safety. I've angerly yelled at him more than once for  making stupid decisions but luckily I think they are doing all the right things now. They are pretty much in full bunker mode since the latest surge, even ordering groceries online.

I think human beings in general have poor risk assessment. I've said from the beginning if people when dying from covid exploded blood and guts everywhere instead of hidden from public people would be far more careful. It's because people use concrete images and stories and not abstract numbers to calculate risk.

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

MiNiMaL oDdS oF dYiNg

This is the number one thing I'm getting tired and angry hearing from the right, and other dumb assess that are anti lockdown; they're conflating survivability with quality of life. Yes this virus is most deadly to the sick and elderly, and 98% of people will survive, so it's "just a strong flu", except for the lingering problems people are having afterwards, taking up space in ICUs, and potentially spreading it to vulnerable people. 

I'd wish covid on these people except that they then might spread it to someone who is elderly, obese, or sick (which unfortunately a lot of Americans are), and then an innocent person dies. I can only hope that if they do get it, they don't infect anyone else, learn their mistake, and then covid prevents their dick from ever getting hard again, can't taste anything for the rest of their lives, and live with regret for their stupidity.