Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

16 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I would assume the OG directors will do the sequel. I can’t imagine it is PoE III since CRPGs are too niche for Game Pass. A PoE game for sure though. 

Yeah I read afterwards he did PoE 1/2 and Fallout New Vegas.  

I also saw he said they prob wouldn't be doing another PoE after 2 didnt sell well, and would have to rethink the entire game if they were to do another.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:44 PM, crispy4000 said:

EA/Origin Access has lived on for years without doing a big release each month.  

There's no reason a publisher would have to compete directly on Games Pass' terms.  There's no fault in going after a slice of the pie.  And if it fails, that's no biggie, since people will still keep buying their games regardless.  That's the approach Ubisoft has taken with Uplay+.  They seem to not be concerned with the price and value comparison.  They just know people into their properties will pay them one way or another.  They're positioning themselves more as Nintendo would in that regard: the software drives the adoption.

My thought about season passes was mainly that publishers already have big enough properties to sustain subscriptions.  CoD Battle Passes are $10 apiece and last roughly two months.  Activision could set up an all access annualized sub for only CoD still make out just fine today.  No extra games needed.

Games like GTA and CoD don't have to go searching for an audience.  They already have one.  Getting releases on services like Games Pass or EGS can drive micro-transactions sales further, sure.  But I don't think that's the path forward next-gen when platform holders are now allowing 3rd parties to set up subscriptions themselves.

We know SquareEnix is looking into it.  If Avengers does end up on Games Pass, it would do more to signify how far their own service is away in the future.

There are currently a lot of those things.  EA Access, Uplay+ etc.  My opinion is that there will be lots more of those in the near future - and that will cause a collapse where only a few services survive.  I just don't think people will be able to afford endless $15 per month fees.  I think in the end only a few large companies will survive.

But you could be right and everyone could adjust to each other and live together.  Who knows.  It will be an interesting few years to see how it shakes out.

44 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

@stepee

Mother. Fucker. I’m more mad that is what is delaying the kishi. I was just about to do my daily check to see if kishi ios was in stock yet. Just release it anyway, I wanna comfortably play shadow. :( 

I’ve had an iphone since the first but if apple doesn’t fix their game streaming shit they might finally get me to switch over this. There’s never been anything android has that iphone (especially jailbroken) doesn’t that I specifically wanted but now I’m not going to miss out on what I imagine will be a pretty big part of my gaming in the future.

Ugh I just wanna play my mame collection and pc games and stuff with the kishi you FUCKING DONKEY PISS BLEEDING ASSHOLE CUNT FROM HELL

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Mother. Fucker. I’m more mad that is what is delaying the kishi. I was just about to do my daily check to see if kishi ios was in stock yet. Just release it anyway, I wanna comfortably play shadow. :( 

I’ve had an iphone since the first but if apple doesn’t fix their game streaming shit they might finally get me to switch over this. There’s never been anything android has that iphone (especially jailbroken) doesn’t that I specifically wanted but now I’m not going to miss out on what I imagine will be a pretty big part of my gaming in the future.

Ugh I just wanna play my mame collection and pc games and stuff with the kishi you FUCKING DONKEY PISS BLEEDING ASSHOLE CUNT FROM HELL

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/08/04/introducing-designed-for-xbox-mobile-gaming-accessories/

Says the Kishi is out today?

EDIT: my bad I thought the controller was for both mobile and PC.

10 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Damn, the kishi looks to be exactly what I’ve been looking for in regards to streaming games from my PC to mobile. Hopefully it can fit an ipad mini if it ever releases.
Are the analog sticks clickable?

They are clickable.

I played some Destiny 2 on xCloud last night with it.  Still getting used to it but it's a very solid solution for mobile gaming.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

They are clickable.

I played some Destiny 2 on xCloud last night with it.  Still getting used to it but it's a very solid solution for mobile gaming.

How are the analog sticks? Normal (compared to ps4/xbone/switch) or loose (ie: the analogs on the shield controller are garbage)?

I don't know when I would really utilize streaming xbox games to my phone. Maybe if I had a decent wifi connection at work I could do that on my lunch break, but I'm usually happy enough to just play a native phone game or read a book for those 20 minutes. 

53 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I don't know when I would really utilize streaming xbox games to my phone. Maybe if I had a decent wifi connection at work I could do that on my lunch break, but I'm usually happy enough to just play a native phone game or read a book for those 20 minutes. 

It's not something I'd do over actually using my PC or Xbox, but when I visit family for Holidays, or casually trying to knock out daily missions in certain games that I can quickly do on the couch while watching TV.

Another use for it could be for multiplayer gaming.  Now when my nephews and niece visit and we may only have the one Xbox, they could use their tablets to play Sea of Thieves with me in the same room on their tablets.  I think things like that are awesome if it can all work on the same network.

It's not quite as convenient as the Switch due to needing good internet connection, but if you're someone that uses a Switch at your home a lot due to the conveniences of it, xCloud on my phone feels pretty similar.  

I may end up picking up a mini tablet though for a slightly larger screen specifically for xCloud, as my Note 10 is still a little on the small side.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

How are the analog sticks? Normal (compared to ps4/xbone/switch) or loose (ie: the analogs on the shield controller are garbage)?

They aren't loose.  A little less loose than the Xbox One.

48 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

They aren't loose.  A little less loose than the Xbox One.

I realized I should have explained what I was talking about better, you may already know: I don’t mean physically loose/tight, but the deadzone. With a lot of mobile controllers, the analog stick movement kinda goes 0-100 with maybe 10% of the movement available being less than that 100% marker (ie: you’re barely pushing the analog stick and it’s like you’ve pushed it all the way to the edge). Hopefully that makes sense

9 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I realized I should have explained what I was talking about better, you may already know: I don’t mean physically loose/tight, but the deadzone. With a lot of mobile controllers, the analog stick movement kinda goes 0-100 with maybe 10% of the movement available being less than that 100% marker (ie: you’re barely pushing the analog stick and it’s like you’ve pushed it all the way to the edge). Hopefully that makes sense

Ah okay, I'll test it a little later to see.  I felt to aim in Destiny I had more success strafing left and right over manually aiming, but I am still adjusting to the way you have to hold the controller.  

I am actually really interested in this as it looks like it'll feel like a traditional controller moreso than the Kishi while still having the same basic design.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JPDunks4 said:

Ah okay, I'll test it a little later to see.  I felt to aim in Destiny I had more success strafing left and right over manually aiming, but I am still adjusting to the way you have to hold the controller.  

I am actually really interested in this as it looks like it'll feel like a traditional controller moreso than the Kishi while still having the same basic design.

Oh, what’s that one?

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Oh, what’s that one?

There’s still more to come from PowerA, as they are also developing the PowerA MOGA XP7-X Plus Bluetooth Controller for Mobile and Cloud Gaming. This controller is compatible with most Android mobile and tablet devices, as well as PC. The MOGA XP7-X Plus gives mobile gamers two ways to play – expanded with your device clamped inside or retracted with your device placed on the removeable stand. The integrated 2000mAh Qi Power Bank allows you to wirelessly charge your device while you game, and the two mappable Advanced Gaming Buttons give you a competitive edge while gaming on the go. The PowerA XP7-X Plus will be available in select markets for $99.99 USD starting Holiday 2020.

A bit more pricey, but it also looks like it might be able to grip a mini tablet better than the Kishi, which as rounded edges on the grip which may not fit larger devices?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

A bit more pricey, but it also looks like it might be able to grip a mini tablet better than the Kishi, which as rounded edges on the grip which may not fit larger devices?

Ugh, I need one for iOS devices. There are similar ones, but they are hot garbage without clickable analog sticks.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-08-06-xbox-game-pass-could-be-a-boon-for-indie-developers

"Until that point I'd been bootstrapping," he said. "The game was funded out of pocket, through videography gigs and other one-off hustles. I was also doing publisher negotiations at the time, too, and the Game Pass deal allowed me to fund the rest of the game, make it profitable, and still do everything I wanted to do with a publisher, without having to get a publisher."

Obviously large Publishers won't need this type of deal, but for medium or smaller developers, this is the type of thing I was thinking about when it came to some of the Xbox Console Launch Exclusives.  I don't necessarily think they are simply deals blocking the game from going to PlayStation, but rather deals to secure them for Game Pass Day and Date for launch.  Whether they would include stipulations that it has to be exclusive to Game Pass for a time period or not, who knows.  But many devs did mention the opportunity to develop for Game Pass allows them to take more risks and make games they otherwise may had never been able to make.