Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

2 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Yeah.  More something I'd expect from devs super interested in VRR screens this gen, or Japanese and indie devs that didn't know better. :p (sounds like DOA wasn't one of them)

Witcher 3 has a performance mode that can play the game at unlocked frame rate up to 60fps as well. The menu just has options between "4K mode" and "Performance". Playing Xbox Series X should mean that it hits the 60fps mark. It's good to know that this is something the new console is able to do.

Xbox Series X noise level:

I'll conclude this preview with the best news to come out of this venting weirdness: Series X, so far, is the quietest Xbox I've ever tested. Back-compat software runs the Series X to a high enough level to activate the fans and unleash noticeable heat dissipation, but I can barely hear it, even while spending hours in current-gen, open-world romps like Destiny 2 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Ars Technica

More importantly, this thing is quiet. It’s almost inaudible when it's idle, and in Red Dead Redemption 2, for instance, it’s still pretty quiet – much more so than the Xbox One X, which gets noticeably louder under full GPU load.

IGN

50 minutes ago, The def star said:

Still not sure if I want to drop $220 at launch for the external SSD just yet. I rather spend that at games if I can. It's good to hear that transferring games takes a lot less time than I initially thought. I was thinking I would have to wait like 10-15 min. 2 min is crazy fast.

Wait, I thought that the Seagate $220 one is an add-on and works the same as the stock internal ssd? I figured they were talking about a usb external SSD, not the add-on expansion.

11 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

IGN: Xbox Series X's storage has 802 GB of usable space available, rest is OS and system files

xboxseriesx-tech-blogroll-1601061061525.
WWW.IGN.COM

Here’s how the world’s most powerful console handles older games.

Damn, hopefully PS5's isn't as filled, otherwise your basically looking at what, 600gb?

I wonder what the Series S is looking like?  Starting at 500, hopefully its not dropping to 300ish.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Wait, I thought that the Seagate $220 one is an add-on and works the same as the stock internal ssd? I figured they were talking about a usb external SSD, not the add-on expansion.

It was 2 minutes from a standard USB 3.0 external SSD to the internal SSD. 

But apparently playing games off an external USB 3.0 SSD also reduced load times from 30 seconds down to 10 seconds.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They were, right @JPDunks4?

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

It was 2 minutes from a standard USB 3.0 external SSD to the internal SSD. 

But apparently playing games off an external USB 3.0 SSD also reduced load times from 30 seconds down to 10 seconds.

Yea, I just watched the IGN video and got to that point of the video. @The def star, the $220 Seagate drive acts exactly the same as the internal storage the XSX comes with, meaning you won’t need to transfer XSX games from it, that’s the benefit. Any USB-based storage requires the transfer of data for XSX games, however. :) 

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, I just watched the IGN video and got to that point of the video. @The def star, the $220 Seagate drive acts exactly the same as the internal storage the XSX comes with, meaning you won’t need to transfer XSX games from it, that’s the benefit. Any USB-based storage requires the transfer of data for XSX games, however. :) 

I understood that. I was talking about transferring games from a USB3.1 drive to internal. I guess I worded that wrong. I'm just on the fence about spending the $220 on the Seagate SSD. But after watching several videos on how fast loading games with it is, usually 60-70% faster I might end up getting one at launch.

1 minute ago, The def star said:

I understood that. I was talking about transferring games from a USB3.1 drive to internal. I guess I worded that wrong. I'm just on the fence about spending the $220 on the Seagate SSD. But after watching several videos on how fast loading games with it is, usually 60-70% faster I might end up getting one at launch.

Personally, I’d wait until you actually needed more storage as there may be alternatives (cheaper) or sales by that point. :santasun:

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did we ever come to a consensus on what TV to get for these next gen consoles? I'm in the market for one and would like to keep the cost to the 1000-1500 range.

If your looking to spend $1000-1500 I would recommend the Sony 900H if you want to do next gen gaming on a budget.

x900h-design-medium.jpg
WWW.RTINGS.COM

The Sony X900H is an overall great 4k TV for nearly any type of content. It sports a VA panel with an excellent contrast ratio and it has a full-array local dimm...

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did we ever come to a consensus on what TV to get for these next gen consoles? I'm in the market for one and would like to keep the cost to the 1000-1500 range.

Sony newest model is supposed to get update to hdmi 2.1 and it’s $1000 range

Q80t model above the 45 inch has the all the same features and is around $1100

LG Oleds are good to go but are $1400 -$3000

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Current OLEDs are about $2000 for 65”. This will come down about $500 or some around Black Friday is my guess. I would wait until then to buy. 

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

My friend recently got an 85” Sony x900H. The HDR is... disappointing. I could barely tell the difference. Maybe it just needs to be calibrated, but on my OLED and my ASUS PG27UQ it’s night and day with HDR on vs off.

I think it might be the fact the brightness is low compared to the Samsung and LG

7 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Didn't even realize the OS space on One X is so large.

A lot of that is probably reserved space for quick resume and other things

2 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I think it might be the fact the brightness is low compared to the Samsung and LG

Yea, which is why it’s really difficult to recommend after seeing it in person, unfortunately. :/ 

Nice improvement on load times

Gamespot:

Red Dead Redemption II 
38 seconds on Series X
2 minutes, 8 seconds on One X

Control
10 seconds on Series X
58 seconds on One X

FINAL FANTASY XV
13 seconds on Series X
1 minute, 11 seconds on One X

The Outer Worlds
11 seconds on Series X
43 seconds on One X

The Verge:

Destiny 2
43 seconds on Series X
1 minute, 52 seconds on One X

Sea of Thieves
20 seconds on Series X
1 minute, 21 seconds on One X

Warframe
25 seconds on Series X
1 minute, 21 seconds on One X

No Man's Sky
1 minute, 27 seconds on Series X
2 minutes, 13 seconds on One X

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Really nice to see performance improvements even without patches. Will be cool to see some of the series X/S enhanced titles that get things like 120fps modes, or Iocked 4k60.

I've got a feeling Microsoft has a plan to have new news every Monday.

Last Monday they announced Bethesda.

This Monday hands on impressions with some BC titles.

Would be smart to slowly drip new things every Monday to keep Xbox front and center through October before launch.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X and S (10 November 2020) - Information Thread, update: multiple hands-on preview articles/videos posted
4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I was bummed when I found it it’s not the full EA play. It’s not the version where you get to play their games early. It’s just the digital library. 

And I'm personally fine with that because I generally wait to play games anyway. Sports games are time sinks so I can wait to play those too.