2K announces next iteration of Bioshock to be created by a new studio

Pikachu

https://ir.take2games.com/news-releases/news-release-details/2k-announces-newly-formed-studio-cloud-chambertm-developing-next?field_nir_news_date_value[min]=2019

2K today announced the founding of Cloud Chamber™, the newest, wholly owned game development studio under the Company’s publishing label. A collective of storytellers eager to push the frontlines of interactive entertainment by making unique, entertaining and thoughtful experiences that engage the world, Cloud Chamber will build its team at two locations: 2K’s San Francisco Bay Area headquarters in Novato, Calif., as well as in Montréal, Québec, which marks the first-ever Canadian office for a 2K studio. In addition, 2K announced that Cloud Chamber has started to work on the next iteration of the globally acclaimed BioShock® franchise, which will be in development for the next several years.

This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191209005224/en/

4 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I feel like the Bioshock series told its tales. Maybe the next will be good, but it will have to fight uphill to be considered so unless something about it is significantly different. I wouldn't want to be the selected code house. 

There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man. There's always a city.

I'm personally still waiting for an actual good Lost game. I think Bioshock's theme would go hand in hand with a mysterious island that sits in between realities and timelines.

12 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man. There's always a city.

I'm personally still waiting for an actual good Lost game. I think Bioshock's theme would go hand in hand with a mysterious island that sits in between realities and timelines.

No doubt that tag line set them up for infinite sequels! :lol:

I was skeptical of Infinite, but I liked it a lot. Still, I think I'm more skeptical that a new studio will be able to take the licence and make a compelling entry in the franchise without Levine.

My guess is that it ends up looking good and gets the aesthetic right, but other than that, who knows.

12 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I was skeptical of Infinite, but I liked it a lot. Still, I think I'm more skeptical that a new studio will be able to take the license and make a compelling entry in the franchise without Levine.

My guess is that it ends up looking good and gets the aesthetic right, but other than that, who knows.

As long as it nails the gameplay of the "Immersive Sim" genre I don't think it really needs to be as engrossing as past stories have been. I really enjoyed Infinite's story, but the gameplay was just really lacking. It lost something in the transition from 1&2 and felt really bland and repetitive. I could replay Prey 10 times before I thought about picking up Infinite again merely because its so much more entertaining to play. Not that Prey has a bad story, quite the opposite in fact, but I wouldn't rank it better than Infinite.

That's the way I see it anyways.