American/Russian interference (Roger Stone) suspected in Canadian election

I do t have all the links handy from a journalist that has been digging into this, but an American site has been posting fake news about Trudeau that is being spread by bot networks. Roger Stone has an alleged connection.

I am in the emergency room with my spouse right now (non life threatening ankle injury, don't worry), but I will try to post more later!

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I do t have all the links handy from a journalist that has been digging into this, but an American site has been posting fake news about Trudeau that is being spread by bot networks. Roger Stone has an alleged connection.

I'm not shocked. I've seen a few things posted from Buffalo Chronicle that was total BS. 

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I am in the emergency room with my spouse right now (non life threatening ankle injury, don't worry), but I will try to post more later!

You have my sympathy. I was at the ER on Monday which was going slowly due to reduced staff in some departments. I hope your partner is able to recover quickly. 

I had what I thought was a slight food allergy reaction last night and called 911 over it. Used my epipen and took an ambulance to the ER. Eventually I was fine and it was probably not anaphalaxys. I'm fine today too. 

So... hope everything goes well. I bet your spouse's bill will be smaller than mine :P

8 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I had what I thought was a slight food allergy reaction last night and called 911 over it. Used my epipen and took an ambulance to the ER. Eventually I was fine and it was probably not anaphalaxys. I'm fine today too. 

So... hope everything goes well. I bet your spouse's bill will be smaller than mine :P

Ouch. Yeah, we were in a different city, but our government healthcare covers everything. Only charge might be for the crutches they gave us, but our work benefits will cover it. From entering the ER, to getting two X-Rays, emergency care, a cast, and drugs, we never had to sign anything or do anything. She didn't even have her healthcard on her, they looked it up in the system. The hospital we went to was actually only opened 2 weeks ago, everything was really new. It was a children's hospital but has an adult ER as well.

Only real hassle is that we opted to be discharged so we could drive back to our city (2.5 hours away) rather than stay in a hotel for more nights. So we will have to visit our local ER to get on the waitlist for an orthopedic surgeon. Might be a few days before she can have the surgery done.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

ER for an ankle injury? Gotta suck that one up and make an appointment.

Lol. X-rays confirmed she broke her tibia and fibula at the ankle, as well as at the back of her ankle. Now we're in a different ER in our home city waiting to see a doctor for referral to an ortho surgeon. Only people in the ER, which is nice!

They prescribed her some opioids (hydromorphone) but she doesn't want to take them, and is opting for advil and Tylenol instead. She did take it for the casting process though since they had to jam her ankle around. Her mom is addicted to pain killers for chronic back pain so she doesn't want the same thing to happen to her.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Lol. X-rays confirmed she broke her tibia and fibula at the ankle, as well as at the back of her ankle. Now we're in a different ER in our home city waiting to see a doctor for referral to an ortho surgeon. Only people in the ER, which is nice!

They prescribed her some opioids (hydromorphone) but she doesn't want to take them, and is opting for advil and Tylenol instead. She did take it for the casting process though since they had to jam her ankle around. Her mom is addicted to pain killers for chronic back pain so she doesn't want the same thing to happen to her.

Does Canada have a similar opioid addiction issue that the US does?

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Does Canada have a similar opioid addiction issue that the US does?

Yes it does. It's the worst on the west coast, but still bad everywhere. Her mom does have chronic pain issues, but has been upping the meds for years and was just put at the max dosage. Not sure what the next step is.

18 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Ouch. Yeah, we were in a different city, but our government healthcare covers everything. Only charge might be for the crutches they gave us, but our work benefits will cover it. From entering the ER, to getting two X-Rays, emergency care, a cast, and drugs, we never had to sign anything or do anything. She didn't even have her healthcard on her, they looked it up in the system. The hospital we went to was actually only opened 2 weeks ago, everything was really new. It was a children's hospital but has an adult ER as well.

Only real hassle is that we opted to be discharged so we could drive back to our city (2.5 hours away) rather than stay in a hotel for more nights. So we will have to visit our local ER to get on the waitlist for an orthopedic surgeon. Might be a few days before she can have the surgery done.

Meanwhile in America I took my gf to the emergency room (it’s just an ER no hospital attached) 2 weeks ago and while she’s in intense pain and being told she needs to go the hospital for surgery their billing lady keeps coming in need her to sign forms so they can bill her insurance oh and by the way your bill is $1092 and kept begging for any sort of payment. So I paid $200 to make her go away. Then at the hospital they put a tag on you until “registration” comes which is their billing lady to get your permission to bill your insurance and you. 

So literally while at the ER the billing department is hounding someone in pain  while being told they need emergency surgery to pay the bill.

fortunately it was “just” gallstones and her gallbladder was infected so they removed all that. 

And this his all on top of the hundreds a month she spends on her premium for the privilege.

so this is why people put off health care in America, it’s expensive and someone will literally shove forms and bills in your face while in pain

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Meanwhile in America I took my gf to the emergency room (it’s just an ER no hospital attached) 2 weeks ago and while she’s in intense pain and being told she needs to go the hospital for surgery their billing lady keeps coming in need her to sign forms so they can bill her insurance oh and by the way your bill is $1092 and kept begging for any sort of payment. So I paid $200 to make her go away. Then at the hospital they put a tag on you until “registration” comes which is their billing lady to get your permission to bill your insurance and you. 

So literally while at the ER the billing department is hounding someone in pain  while being told they need emergency surgery to pay the bill.

fortunately it was “just” gallstones and her gallbladder was infected so they removed all that. 

And this his all on top of the hundreds a month she spends on her premium for the privilege.

so this is why people put off health care in America, it’s expensive and someone will literally shove forms and bills in your face while in pain

Jesus that's shitty. We had to wait about 10 minutes for them to handle paperwork behind the scenes before we could be released yesterday, but we didn't have to do anything ourselves. This morning we went into an ER in our own city and had to wait about an hour to see a doctor. He then discussed the X-rays from the other hospital with an ortho surgeon, and then came back and released us with a scheduled surgery for tomorrow afternoon. So it's not as quick as it would be if we lived in the US and were rich...but I'll gladly trade the wait time in exchange for no worries over money.

1 hour ago, Dodger said:

Where are you at??

I've been to the emergency room numerous times, as has my entire family, and no one's ever, EVER bothered us about payment while at the hospital. At most they'll send us a bill, which we promptly ignore.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yes it does. It's the worst on the west coast, but still bad everywhere. Her mom does have chronic pain issues, but has been upping the meds for years and was just put at the max dosage. Not sure what the next step is.

I don't think there's actually a max dosage of opioids as long as you build up to it. 

25 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Where are you at??

I've been to the emergency room numerous times, as has my entire family, and no one's ever, EVER bothered us about payment while at the hospital. At most they'll send us a bill, which we promptly ignore.

San Tan valley Arizona. I am in an unincorporated town that doesn’t have a hospital. It has some sort of emergency room though.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Where are you at??

In VA here I was hounded for payment both times when I took my daughter in to the pediatric ER. All in total about $2k for both trips total.

Holy shit on the medical bills. I had wrist surgery in January and didn’t pay a dime for it. Would hate to see what kind of financial situation my family would of been in with all the medical appointments, medicines and surgeries my dad went through over the 6 months before he passed away from Cancer. 

Now my mom is going in for a knee replacement surgery in 11 days. The only real expense is the parking at the hospital

42 minutes ago, Brick said:

Don't think I came across any of these fake stories. What are they saying about Trudeau, exactly? 

Big one is that he slept with a 17-year old student while a teacher in BC. Tied to that, that his government somehow got a secret court injunction (which don't exist) to stop the Globe and Mail from publishing a story on this 17-year old.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Big one is that he slept with a 17-year old student while a teacher in BC. Tied to that, that his government somehow got a secret court injunction (which don't exist) to stop the Globe and Mail from publishing a story on this 17-year old.

Oh I think I heard about that Globe and Mail one. Didn't you mention it in the other thread?