Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

16 minutes ago, ort said:

I connect via 5ghz wifi through an Eero. 112 down 11 up with a ping of 16. Not blazing fast, but way above their required specs.

If xCloud isn't working well off the xCloud ssrvers, you may want to download some of the games natively to your Xbox, and try remote playing from the Xbox through the app.  May have better success.

This would be during instances when your kids aren't on the Xbox.

Also are you on ios or Android?

1 hour ago, ort said:

iOS and MacOS through the browser. Both have about .25 seconds of input lag.

I'm on android so can't really speak to how it functions through the browser.  I have used it on my hardwired PC and it worked pretty well, but haven't used it quite enough to judge it.

Does suck though that its not consistent, as I've seen a lot of people say its completely unplayable while others seem to have really good experiences with it.

1 hour ago, Bitgod said:

Do you play 21 off XGP?  Wondering if all the usual FM mods work fine with it, since they install into your docs folder, thank goodness.

I've never played the game with mods so I don't know. I know some games say "supports mods" which you can activate but haven't gone further than that.

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've never played the game with mods so I don't know. I know some games say "supports mods" which you can activate but haven't gone further than that.

Eh, guess I'll install 21 just to mess with it and see if it works with all the uniforms/teams/players that I have.  That would be a deal breaker if I can't make the game look more "real" like I can with the Steam versions.

Hmm, tried some light searching, all the questions about getting it to work were from in March, when FM21 showed up on XGP, and there wasn't any certain answers.  I did a little playing around and at least got the 20-21 proper kits to show up for United, but the logos didn't work.  Shrug, I'm sure I'll just want for FM22 to come out and see what people are doing to make it work or not, and decide if I need to buy for Steam or not in Nov.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Oh there is definitely SOMETHING going on here.... granted Avengers has been on PSNow already and it was really only a matter of time before it hit Game Pass, but this timing is too delicious to ignore.

That tinfoil hat gettin' some use this week!

for what now?

Sonofabitch.

My one "gripe" about Game Pass lately is that every title on it has a shelf life, so they automatically get priority. And they've been releasing titles faster than I can get to them. So not only do I have my own horrible backlog of games, I'm starting to get a pretty embarrassing Game Pass backlog as well.

First world problems, amirite?

47 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Downloading Scarlet Nexus now. Also Astria Ascending is out today which looks interesting for that old school JRPG vibe. 

Austria Ascending’s reviews are not very good unfortunately 

HE3gy9XlVPmfjeLWetvbcrRyouBalA2hXtigqUSV
OPENCRITIC.COM

Astria Ascending is rated 'Fair' after being reviewed by 19 critics, with an overall average score of 67. It's ranked in the bottom 34% of games and recommended by 50% of critics.