Xbox Game Pass Discussion Thread - A Tremendous Value for Hundreds of Games and Day 1 Releases At Only $9.99/Month

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 11:26 AM, stepee said:

Already have lumines, katamari, and hades so not much here for me except I want to see what Dodgeball Academy is about.

I started Dodgeball Academy. It’s similar to Golf Story if you played that. It’s pretty good. My biggest complaint, which is common in text heavy RPGs, is the amount of time I need to mash A to get through parts of the game and its dialogue. 

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I started Dodgeball Academy. It’s similar to Golf Story if you played that. It’s pretty good. My biggest complaint, which is common in text heavy RPGs, is the amount of time I need to mash A to get through parts of the game and its dialogue. 

I need to stream it to my phone later, wish I had a CERTAIN SOMETHING for it though. Fucking loved golf story and yeah I think this might be for me.

So I wanted to try this out and was initially annoyed that my Xbox Live renewed for a year before I could upgrade to Gamepass ultimate or whatever, but now I find that there is some sort of "glitch" or loophole in the system to where if you take advantage of the $1 trial month, it converts all of your remaining Xbox Live Gold time to this game pass ultimate without having to pay extra.

screen-shot-2019-06-24-at-11.37.36-am-10
WWW.PCWORLD.COM

You can save hundreds on an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription with this method. And if your timing is lucky, you'll pay even less to pull it off!

Has anyone tried this? All of this stuff is kind of confusing if you don't live in this world all the time. If I have 11 months left before my Xbox Live renews and I upgrade to this gamepass ultimate it just works? I'm trying to figure out if it really is that easy?

And once I do this, I will be able to stream all of these games on my Mac and my newer iOS devices? Has anyone actually tried this and can tell me how well this works? Particularly on iOS or a Mac browser?

1 hour ago, ort said:

So I wanted to try this out and was initially annoyed that my Xbox Live renewed for a year before I could upgrade to Gamepass ultimate or whatever, but now I find that there is some sort of "glitch" or loophole in the system to where if you take advantage of the $1 trial month, it converts all of your remaining Xbox Live Gold time to this game pass ultimate without having to pay extra.

Has anyone tried this? All of this stuff is kind of confusing if you don't live in this world all the time. If I have 11 months left before my Xbox Live renews and I upgrade to this gamepass ultimate it just works? I'm trying to figure out if it really is that easy?

It's not really a glitch, you can just stack it. It's been like this since the beginning and yeah I bought like 2 cheap year codes a while ago before I converted.

8 hours ago, ort said:

WWW.PCWORLD.COM

You can save hundreds on an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription with this method. And if your timing is lucky, you'll pay even less to pull it off!

And once I do this, I will be able to stream all of these games on my Mac and my newer iOS devices? Has anyone actually tried this and can tell me how well this works? Particularly on iOS or a Mac browser?

I used ea play cards from ebay last time to do this maybe less than a year ago. That was my second time doing it!

9 hours ago, ort said:

I'm pretty sure this was a thing for a long time, and may still be.  It caps you at 3 years of Live though, as you can't load up more than 36 months.

It would convert all remaining Live time to Game Pass Ultimate, so you could basically get 3 years Game Pass Ultimate for $180ish or less if you got it on sale.

They may have changed it to convert at a 3 months of Live = 1 Month of Ultimate now.  So if you have 3 years of Live left, you'll get about 1 year of Ultimate now, or basically MSRP.  Or that maybe just for adding more time with 1 Year Xbox Live Cards for existing subs.

20 hours ago, ort said:

WWW.PCWORLD.COM

Yeah, I did this a month ago.  Bought 2 years from Newegg, so got 27 months for $101

Okay, I signed up for this and it all seems to have worked! Thanks for the confirmation info people...

As for streaming... so far I'm not impressed at all.

The games look great and move pretty smooth... but there's just enough input lag to make it a completely frustrating experience. It almost feels normal, it's close to being playable... but it's just off enough that it really isn't. It's very annoying. 

I'll keep trying. I wonder if I had a better internet connection if it would work better.

I've tried this a few more times and the input lag, while a little better, still wasn't good enough for me to consider the game playable. It's so close... yet so far away. Ugh.

Another annoyance, that I probably should haver expected or learned via research... two people can't play at the same time. My kids are always fighting over the Xbox... my hope was that one could play on the iPad and the other on the TV... but you can only have one player at a time.

Pretty much nothing I bought this for actually works in a. way that is useful to me. It's pretty frustrating... but since it's also basically free, I guess I can't complain... but it would sure be nice if something just worked out for once.

Oh well.

1 hour ago, ort said:

Pretty much nothing I bought this for actually works in a. way that is useful to me. It's pretty frustrating... but since it's also basically free, I guess I can't complain... but it would sure be nice if something just worked out for once.

Oh well.

Well you could always use it for regular game pass which is pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm still glad I did it, since it really didn't cost me anything over what I already pay for Xbox Live Gold... but it still fails to do the things I most wanted it for which is somewhat frustrating. My kids will enjoy all the games... although my kids are weird and only play like 4 games. They have so little interest in anything new. They just go where all their friends are and thats it.

For the time being I can't use it at all. I never shared it here, but a giant tree fell through my house a month ago and my kids room has damage so they are sleeping on the floor of our TV room, which means no game time at all for me.

• Sad 1

I keep trying to stream games hoping against hope that they will suddenly work... but they never do.

It's complete and total horse shit trash. It's fucking unplayable garbage. It's endlessly frustrating because I really fucking want this to work and it just doesn't.

They shouldn't even call it a beta. It's unplayable. It's a fucking joke. There's enough input lag that you can see it in the fucking menu screen.

I just want to play some fucking quake and I can't. I've had the worst fucking day and I want to kill some pixel demon knights and my kids are sleeping in the room with the xbox and my whole house is literally destroyed and ripped apart n and everything is broken. This isn't even a fucking beta. This is nothing. It's broken garbage shit.

19 minutes ago, ort said:

I keep trying to stream games hoping against hope that they will suddenly work... but they never do.

It's complete and total horse shit trash. It's fucking unplayable garbage. It's endlessly frustrating because I really fucking want this to work and it just doesn't.

They shouldn't even call it a beta. It's unplayable. It's a fucking joke. There's enough input lag that you can see it in the fucking menu screen.

I just want to play some fucking quake and I can't. I've had the worst fucking day and I want to kill some pixel demon knights and my kids are sleeping in the room with the xbox and my whole house is literally destroyed and ripped apart n and everything is broken and I spent the whole fucking day fixing a god damned sink that's still fucking leaking and everything sucks and fuck everything, but mostly fuck Microsoft for pretending like this is even close to being ready. This isn't even a fucking beta. This is nothing. It's broken garbage shit.

There are many that use this pretty regularly and don't seem to have nearly the kinds of issues you're having.  Are you on a 5g wifi connection in your house?  Do you have good internet speeds?