What Handheld game are you playing this weekend?

Rodimus

Sunday I'm leaving on a flight for Miami to go on a cruise for a week.  So I'll be bringing my Switch with me, and my DS.  Coming along for the ride will be Mario Tennis: Aces, Bloodstained, Darkest Dungeons, and SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked.

• Like 2

I've been playing the splatoon 2 dlc. It's good, but man it is difficult. Some of the challenges are a lot of fun, others are straight up frustrating. I keep coming back for more, so it's doing something right, but this level of challenge is not what I was expecting. 

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, it'll be Mario Tennis here and there, since I'm working. Ready to get off these weekend shifts soon.

Mario Tennis in handheld mode is next to impossible. You’ll have a difficult time defeating anyone who is playing with a pro controller. 

Just now, Biggie said:

Mario Tennis in handheld mode is next to impossible. You’ll have a difficult time defeating anyone who is playing with a pro controller. 

I probably won't be messing with the online, really. I never have with these types of games. I'll do some SP and play with my husband and friends, locally.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:39 AM, Rodimus said:

I have been playing my Turbo Express and I plan to play it more this weekeend and Bloodstained on the Switch.

That is so awesome. I have one too and really need to get some more games for it. A special system and really a status symbol back in the day. The AES of handhelds. 

Zelda BOTW. Just started it up on Thursday even though I bought back in December. Enjoying it so far. Might also give Fortnite (Switch) a try. Watched a few streams and youtube vids and still don't have a clue what the hell is going on in that game. 

Not a game I'm playing, but with lumines remastered coming out on Tuesday I decided it was time to try and fix my switch pro controller dpad. Tore it apart and did the scotch tape fix and the improvement is incredible. Far, far fewer incorrect inputs, and it feels a bit firmer and clickier to boot. Wish this is how it came out of the box, but I'm so glad I tried it. Lumines would have been unplayable otherwise. 

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

Not a game I'm playing, but with lumines remastered coming out on Tuesday I decided it was time to try and fix my switch pro controller dpad. Tore it apart and did the scotch tape fix and the improvement is incredible. Far, far fewer incorrect inputs, and it feels a bit firmer and clickier to boot. Wish this is how it came out of the box, but I'm so glad I tried it. Lumines would have been unplayable otherwise. 

Forgot about this game coming out. I fucking love the music in this game. How much is it do you know?

14 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

@mo1518 I had never heard of this tape fix. I looked it up and found a couple different variations. What did you do, and at any point did you feeling like you getting close to ruining this overpriced controller? 

I used this video. 

One thing he didn't mention is to make the pieces of tape very small, so the tape pieces do not overlap. Rather than add tape to the pivot ball, I put two small squares on top of each other in the middle of the board where the ball would sit. I did have to try it twice because the first time I covered too much of the contact and the left direction was missing presses. Tape right up to the notch on the contact, not over it, like the image below. 

Spoiler

0GUEfvN_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

It isn't hard. The trickiest bit would be reattaching the ribbon, but if you've ever done that before you'll be fine. I didn't feel like I could really screw it up. There's no strong prying to get the controller apart, so you don't really have to worry about forcing something and snapping plastic.

But like you said, expensive controller. Be careful. For me it was worth the risk, pressing  any direction would read as a diagonal. The dpad was totally useless. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mo1518 said:

HOLD A FUCKING A MOMENT, DID I SEE SHININ AS ONE OF THE TRACKS?!?!