Boston Straight Pride Parade to go ahead on Aug 31

I just don’t find the humor in a public demonstration of hatred towards LGBT people. Was Charlottesville this hilarious to you guys, too? Are Klan marches also hilarious?

https://imgur.com/a/DbrQquf

This picture breaks my heart. Many of us already live in areas where we feel unsafe for being ourselves and this public display of bigotry will only get worse under Trump.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

And you know I'm straight, how?

I've dealt with bigotry, dude. In more ways than one. I still laugh at idiots.

Are you not straight?

In the meantime I feel afraid to be  even mildly affectionate in public out of fear of being physically attacked, so this shit hits closer home to me than others.

Everyone will react differently, but I can definitely say as far as Klan rallies go, I do find some funny:

Or this guy, who I still laugh at to this day:

I've had racist things thrown at me from people who think I'm Hispanic and a couple things thrown at me for being Italian. I like trolling them because they think it'll get under my skin.

That doesn't mean someone's wrong for not finding humor in it, btw. It's not meant to be a "lighten up," post, just that I'll make fun of people beyond those who don't get or dislike our LGBT friends.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm bisexual. But I get it, even gay people don't think we really exist. 

You certainly exist and you are allowed to find this funny but you have to understand that there are a lot of us who find shit like this painful.

And the meme wade posted was aimed towards gay men and not bi women, so yeah, I got testy.

Just now, sexy_shapiro said:

You certainly exist and you are allowed to find this funny but you have to understand that there are a lot of us who find shit like this painful.

I get it. 

But some of us find it easier to mock the handful of idiots in stupid parades like these. Like says who, I find some of these morons funny because they're so goddamn stupid. Like the fat dudes with weak chins and glasses carrying a Nazi flag proclaiming to be the superior race. We're not horrible for laughing at them. 

18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Everyone will react differently, but I can definitely say as far as Klan rallies go, I do find some funny:

Or this guy, who I still laugh at to this day:

I've had racist things thrown at me from people who think I'm Hispanic and a couple things thrown at me for being Italian. I like trolling them because they think it'll get under my skin.

That doesn't mean someone's wrong for not finding humor in it, btw. It's not meant to be a "lighten up," post, just that I'll make fun of people beyond those who don't get or dislike our LGBT friends.

I think there is a fear amongst a lot of gay people that this hatred will only continue to get worse so that’s why many of us, especially in the south, are worried by stuff like this happening.

You have to also understand that right now there are closeted gay kids living who are afraid of their own parents disowning them, probably contemplating suicide, while they weep at the increase of public displays of hatred in this country. I’m more worried for them than me, for I consider them to be the most vulnerable.

But I’ll be fine. I’m a fierce bitch. But my strength is hard earned and has come from having to put up with lots of shit for the past ten years.

49 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Bisexual atheist living in the South. I hear the hate all the time. But I have to laugh at the idiots and brush some of it off or else I'll drive myself to suicide if I let it all get to me.

Empathy 101 is learning that not everyone is going to process things the same way you do, even if there are some similarities to our experiences.

For me I’ve used humor for so long to mask and repress my pain. More recently I’ve realized that I was using humor as a crutch and now have become to learn when to take certain things seriously. Now I use the art of drag to empower myself and combat the sense of shame that was drilled into my head from an early age. We both have different ways of dealing with the hate - we all do.

4 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Empathy 101 is learning that not everyone is going to process things the same way you do, even if there are some similarities to our experiences.

For me I’ve used humor for so long to mask and repress my pain. More recently I’ve realized that I was using humor as a crutch and now have become to learn when to take certain things seriously. Now I use the art of drag to empower myself and combat the sense of shame that was drilled into my head from an early age. We both have different ways of dealing with the hate - we all do.

I already said I understand where you're coming from and I don't blame you for it. We certainly all have different ways of dealing with things. 

Just maybe don't jump down other peoples' throats when they deal differently than you. 

Everyoen hates me and is ganging up on me

No one hates you and I even agreed with you on some points in the other thread. Everyone in this thread is being pretty reasonable with you, they're just not 100% in agreement.

I think about killing myself every day since moving back in with my parents 

Get out of these if that's at all possible. I don't know what situation landed you in an environment like that, but I hope there's somewhere else you can feasibly go, because this is apparently entirely unhealthy for you.