Trump says if Mexico doesn't stop illegal immigration, he's closing the southern border (or large sections of it) next week

13 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

You know the best way to get people to leave at even increased rates from their countries? By making the countries shittier by defunding aid!

Seriously, how are racists so dumb? They think that sending aid is a bad idea...but also that immigration is a bad idea. Well, if you want to stop immigration then the best way to do it is to increase the quality of living in other countries because then people have less kids and also less people leave!

Hmm...maybe that is why white nationalists and conservatives work together in the west, because they think that if they can turn the west into a shitty dystopian hellscape of poverty then white people will be more likely to have 12+ kids and increase the white race! I mean sure Asian countries will rule the planet, but there will be 3% more caucasians as a ratio of world population!

Especially when you hear the weak ass justification for some war on terror stuff: "fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here"

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Totally not fake news organization!

Fox News is the most watched network news channel, by far. 

I say this all the time, but the association is forged in my brain. Any time I see anything absurd from Fox News (which is daily) my brain automatically thinks how more Americans get their news from Fox than any other channel.

I firmly believe Trump is only president because of Fox News. Not necessarily because of their coverage of him during the campaign, but their news coverage once Obama became president.

I know I (also) say this all the time, but Donald Trump is literally just an amalgamation of Fox News opinion hosts / viewers 2008-2015.

22 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Fox News is the most watched network news channel, by far. 

I say this all the time, but the association is forged in my brain. Any time I see anything absurd from Fox News (which is daily) my brain automatically thinks how more Americans get their news from Fox than any other channel.

I firmly believe Trump is only president because of Fox News. Not necessarily because of their coverage of him during the campaign, but their news coverage once Obama became president.

I know I (also) say this all the time, but Donald Trump is literally just an amalgamation of Fox News opinion hosts / viewers 2008-2015.

Gonna quibble with this.

Not that Fox News and Republican Radio haven't helped radicalize people. I'm totally seeing that. And Trump called Fox News "our friends" at a recent rally, so there's clearly an echo chamber with fake news and misinformation.

But I think Fox News' ratings get overstated. They're the most watched cable news, not network news, and while that probably seems a little "WELL ACKSHUALLY," their ratings aren't comparable to nightly news at 6:30, for example (the lowest rated one gets over 6 million viewers), and Fox & Friends doesn't get the ratings of the networks (ABC/CBS/NBC). NPR gets almost 40 million listeners a week, with All Things Considered getting around 15 million. Something like 60 Minutes recently had 10 million viewers. Stuff like that.

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Gonna quibble with this.

Not that Fox News and Republican Radio haven't helped radicalize people. I'm totally seeing that. And Trump called Fox News "our friends" at a recent rally, so there's clearly an echo chamber with fake news and misinformation.

But I think Fox News' ratings get overstated. They're the most watched cable news, not network news, and while that probably seems a little "WELL ACKSHUALLY," their ratings aren't comparable to nightly news at 6:30, for example (the lowest rated one gets over 6 million viewers), and Fox & Friends doesn't get the ratings of the networks (ABC/CBS/NBC). NPR gets almost 40 million listeners a week, with All Things Considered getting around 15 million. Something like 60 Minutes recently had 10 million viewers. Stuff like that.

Fox news has one viewer

10 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Collins is a sack of shit. Her Kavanaugh vote was the final fatality to a career of bullshit.

I hope so. She easily wins election time and again, but I'd love it if she's finally beaten.

Olympia Snowe had easy reelections as well, but once she decided not to run, independent Angus King (caucuses with Dems) easily won his election. 

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I hope so. She easily wins election time and again, but I'd love it if she's finally beaten.

Olympia Snowe had easy reelections as well, but once she decided not to run, independent Angus King (caucuses with Dems) easily won his election. 

Collins is the last remaining Congressional Republican in all of New England. It seems like she'd have gone down in 2018 if she'd been up for reelection.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Collins is the last remaining Congressional Republican in all of New England. It seems like she'd have gone down in 2018 if she'd been up for reelection.

That's a big possibility considering her Kavanaugh vote was 2018. The House is a little more volatile, but after Scott Brown and Kelly Ayotte won in 2010, we've seen the Senate numbers dwindle since then (first Brown's defeat and Snowe's retirement, then Ayotte in 2016).

3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I should have been clear in that I meant fatality in the sense that I'm done with her. Anyone who tries to say anything positive about Collins from here to eternity is flat out dead wrong post-Kavanaugh vote. Whether she'll actually lose re-election? I think so, but these are strange times we live in.

Also, Angus King sucks as well and votes with Republicans and Trump like 65% of the time and Democrats don't give him any shit for it (despite caucausing with them) yet if a Republican ever gets out of line other Republicans eat them alive. So, yeah. Better than Snowe? Yeah, but that's really wanting a win out of a loss.