NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

As far as QBs turning TE it looks like Tyree Jackson has a really good chance of sticking around in Philly. 

6-7 and I believe around 245, which does not represent an increase really over his playing weight at Buffalo in college.

Absolutely didn't agree with decision to go pro.  He was too green, could have used the year and still a good receiving group and line at UB that would have given him further development to maybe stick in the NFL at the QB position.

Regardless, this ultimately seems like it is the better position move for him.  

On 8/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, BuckFly said:

As far as QBs turning TE it looks like Tyree Jackson has a really good chance of sticking around in Philly. 

6-7 and I believe around 245, which does not represent an increase really over his playing weight at Buffalo in college.

Absolutely didn't agree with decision to go pro.  He was too green, could have used the year and still a good receiving group and line at UB that would have given him further development to maybe stick in the NFL at the QB position.

Regardless, this ultimately seems like it is the better position move for him.  

well…nice while it lasted.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, BuckFly said:

@Slug

Slug, I love Jaret Patterson and I do so hope he flourishes with you guys in DC.  He will give you everything he has.  I've seen almost every one of his games and, in person, he is just so deceptive.  

On 5/14/2021 at 4:51 PM, Slug said:

I hope he does well for us.  I'm glad we were able to land him.

On 5/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, Biggie said:

He is so deceptive that I have never heard of him lol

On 5/17/2021 at 11:02 AM, BuckFly said:

Was averaging about 200 yards a game this last year, including 400 plus against Kent State where he tied the collegiate rushing TD record (8), and was 18 yards short of the single game rushing record and coach Leipold sat him because...he had no idea what the record was or how close he was to it.  The Bulls had another 3 possessions in the game.  

Injured in the MAC championship game (intentionally if you watch the video which I can't link to). Finished as the MAC Offensive Player of the year.  6 games, 1,072 yards, 7.6 yards per carry, 19 touchdowns.  3,884 rushing yards in his career, 6.1 yards per carry, 52 rushing tds in 33 gams.  

UB was 16-5 his last two seasons, with back to back bowl victories and a first time ever season finish in the AP Top 25.

GettyImages-1335343069-e1629541234869.jp
PROFOOTBALLTALK.NBCSPORTS.COM

Undrafted rookies always have an uphill battle to make the roster, but Washington undrafted rookie running back Jaret Patterson appears close to securing a spot on the Football Team. Patterson had 16 carries for 71 yards and a touchdown in the preseason win over the Bengals, and also caught all three passes thrown to him [more]

Regardless of what any of you think of him I still find it absolutely hard to believe Mitch Trubisky is the back up here in Buffalo.

McD has a good relationship with his agent and had said to him whatever you do get him in a good situation, but if you can’t find anything out there I promise you we want Mitch and we want to give him a good situation.

16 hours ago, BuckFly said:

Regardless of what any of you think of him I still find it absolutely hard to believe Mitch Trubisky is the back up here in Buffalo.

McD has a good relationship with his agent and had said to him whatever you do get him in a good situation, but if you can’t find anything out there I promise you we want Mitch and we want to give him a good situation.

He ain’t great and makes poor game decisions. But most back up QB’s do. I’d take him as a back up over most. 

13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
1173442791.jpg
WWW.SBNATION.COM

The Bills seem hellbent on destroying their season.

13 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Dumbasses.

You mean one of those two guys (McKenzie) that showed his COVID vaccination card later last week?  

The Bills were very unlikely to beat the Chiefs last year, but critical things that hurt them over the course of the season were:  going 2-2 during a stretch that their QB was playing injured and in a shoulder harness (weirdly difficult garment for a qb to wear), and playing in the AFC Championship game with the League's #1 receiver last year (stat-wise) and all pro Stefon Diggs playing with a torn oblique and second team all pro Cole Beasely playing with a...wait for it...broken fibula. 

...and nobody in the league was vaccinated last year, yet we have substantially similar protocols in place league wide right now as we did then and the Bills, albeit on the lower end, have more than 80% vax and it is going up.

My main point being is that THIS...

...is STILL the all time undefeated champion and number 1 reason (again) that anybody who has a shot is not going to win the Super Bowl.

Same as it was in 2020, same as it will be in 2021.

Covid is serious and should be taken seriously by all.  For some it takes longer, but that it is on them and as I have stated earlier o this board I am comfortable with people being responsible for their own actions, even though they should get the jab.  I have rooted for this team long enough that I've seen OJ Simpson play on that field in person with my own eyes.  They have never won a Super Bowl in my lifetime and if they don't win this year it is going to be because of injuries, or heaven forbid, other teams are better and healthier, not because of Covid.

BTW, Covid didn't almost end KC's Super Bowl repeat appearance in 2020, Mahomes' big toe against Cleveland almost did.     

On 9/5/2021 at 1:24 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

Any power rankings that mentions the Raiders decision to let Trent Brown go as a reason for them deteriorating year-over-year didn’t watch many Raiders games last year. 
Similarly, any pundit that talks up the Raiders O-Line last year needs to look at their run blocking stats. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F1031%2Fr931353_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

The NFL has suspended wide receiver Calvin Ridley for at least the 2022 season for betting on NFL games during the 2021 season.

@Biggie starting off strong 

He was never going to play another down for us any way. The city of Atlanta hates him as do I.  Fuck that pos.

ms ludgate dwyer goes to washington GIF