NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

On 3/10/2022 at 8:30 AM, AbsolutSurgen said:

I'm not saying he is a stud.  I am just saying he is better than what half the NFL teams are able to trot out on any given Sunday.

Is he worth the cap hit?  Probably not, but I suspect he will agree to something lower going forward anyways.

BTW, A.S.  your division...is getting absolutely ridiculous.

What.  The holy.  Hell.  

I am making a plea right now that the Raiders trade for Danold, because why not?  Everyone is going all in out there like they have a killer hand that has to get played NOW.

It is going to be a blood bath...but so much fun to watch.  There will be so much good football, coming off a season where there was some damn great AFC West games.

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

BTW, A.S.  your division...is getting absolutely ridiculous.

What.  The holy.  Hell.  

I am making a plea right now that the Raiders trade for Danold, because why not?  Everyone is going all in out there like they have a killer hand that has to get played NOW.

It is going to be a blood bath...but so much fun to watch.  There will be so much good football, coming off a season where there was some damn great AFC West games.

I guess I don't buy into the hype about Denver.  They were a bad football team last year.

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I guess I don't buy into the hype about Denver.  They were a bad football team last year.

Wilson makes them obviously better, A.S., but it was very frustrating watching them from over here in the AFC East.  Every time the Bills needed them to win they would F it up.  

No, as constituted last year they were not only not a good team, but they weren't even as good as their record.

...but I respect their D, I kind of respect their running game, and I think (and I have always thought) Russell Wilson is the real deal.  A QB of that caliber jus can't be discounted.

Side note and this is NOT hindsight.  I loved him coming out of college and saw a number of his games.  I thought he was a perfect second or third rounder for the Bills and he'd back-up Fitz for 1 or 2 years and then take over. 

When the Bills moved up a few spots in the third round and he was still on the board I couldn't contain myself.

...I should have...

TJ Graham, WR. 

Never heard of him before they picked him.  He caught 54 passes and 3 TDs in two seasons before he was gone from the team.

He caught 61 passes in his entire 4 year career. 

48 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Wilson makes them obviously better, A.S., but it was very frustrating watching them from over here in the AFC East.  Every time the Bills needed them to win they would F it up.  

No, as constituted last year they were not only not a good team, but they weren't even as good as their record.

...but I respect their D, I kind of respect their running game, and I think (and I have always thought) Russell Wilson is the real deal.  A QB of that caliber jus can't be discounted.

Side note and this is NOT hindsight.  I loved him coming out of college and saw a number of his games.  I thought he was a perfect second or third rounder for the Bills and he'd back-up Fitz for 1 or 2 years and then take over. 

When the Bills moved up a few spots in the third round and he was still on the board I couldn't contain myself.

...I should have...

TJ Graham, WR. 

Never heard of him before they picked him.  He caught 54 passes and 3 TDs in two seasons before he was gone from the team.

He caught 61 passes in his entire 4 year career. 

I am not saying Wilson is bad, I just don't think he is elite anymore.  He had a better receiving core in Seattle than he will have in Denver -- IMHO, Metcalf and Lockett are both better than anyone on the Broncos.  You are right, of course, he will make them better.  But, I personally don't think he will have the same impact as most others do.

Their D was very good at keeping points off the board (4th in NFL), but nowhere near as good as they were at preventing Offences from gaining yards (20th).    I don't know if that is sustainable.

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I hope the Seahawks don’t trade for Watson. Wilson was a weird fakey brandroid, but he was at least a good person. It would be terrible to replace him with a known predator. 

How about Matt Ryan? Asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Crazy these announcers get paid so much. I don’t care who is calling the game. I rarely pay attention to what they are saying. 

But if you did pay attention, you'd say, "Crazy these announcers get paid so much, they say the shittiest things when calling the game."

On 3/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0828%2Fr901528_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

The Dallas Cowboys have agreed to trade wide receiver Amari Cooper and a sixth-round pick to the Cleveland Browns for a 2022 fifth-round pick and a sixth-round pick...

Not sure why you need more lipstick on this pig

This is going to fix everything for both teams.  I can feel it.  

...it could be my lunch, though.

Yep, it's my lunch.

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Emblazon

Fingers crossed it gets the Bills a 3rd round comp.

Oh, and I like this move for Pitt, but I also had him pegged for New York or Indy (even before they got rid of Wentz I thought he might go there).

My buddy was saying back in November he would end up in Pittsburgh.

Good set up by a Caserio here. Get agreeable terms before Watson is even allowed to talk so that you don’t end up over a barrel with Watson demanding a specific team that the Texans are then forced to negotiate with.

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F1226%2Fr955136_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Baker Mayfield has requested a trade from the Cleveland Browns, telling ESPN's Adam Schefter that it is "in the mutual interest of both sides" for Cleveland to split with the star QB.

Lolololol what a shit show 

What a cry baby. Just because they showed interest in Watson. Also star quarterback lolololololo