NFL Offseason Thread

Keyser_Soze

On 5/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, Biggie said:

He is so deceptive that I have never heard of him lol

Was averaging about 200 yards a game this last year, including 400 plus against Kent State where he tied the collegiate rushing TD record (8), and was 18 yards short of the single game rushing record and coach Leipold sat him because...he had no idea what the record was or how close he was to it.  The Bulls had another 3 possessions in the game.  

Injured in the MAC championship game (intentionally if you watch the video which I can't link to). Finished as the MAC Offensive Player of the year.  6 games, 1,072 yards, 7.6 yards per carry, 19 touchdowns.  3,884 rushing yards in his career, 6.1 yards per carry, 52 rushing tds in 33 gams.  

UB was 16-5 his last two seasons, with back to back bowl victories and a first time ever season finish in the AP Top 25.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I never understood the appeal of the guy. Good for him, I guess...

As a UGA fan I can't stand the guy, but he is one of the best college football players of all time and has a ton of anti-Gronk charisma.

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

I never understood the appeal of the guy. Good for him, I guess...

He is very popular because a lot of American Christians have a martyr complex. They like to pretend that Tebow was denied a shot at an NFL career because he is such an outspoken Christian. 

15 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

He is very popular because a lot of American Christians have a martyr complex. They like to pretend that Tebow was denied a shot at an NFL career because he is such an outspoken Christian. 

It certainly had something to do with it.  Not saying that was the only reason. Sort of like Kap. Kneeling had something to do with it but neither guy has what it takes to be a successful NFL player. 

15 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It certainly had something to do with it.  Not saying that was the only reason. Sort of like Kap. Kneeling had something to do with it but neither guy has what it takes to be a successful NFL player. 

Come on man. Look at their stats and say that with a straight face. Kap was really good and then got Tomsula'd, and then he got hurt. Tebow couldn't throw the damn ball. His avg completion is like 7 yards.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iculus said:

Come on man. Look at their stats and say that with a straight face. Kap was really good and then got Tomsula'd, and then he got hurt. Tebow couldn't throw the damn ball. His avg completion is like 7 yards.

Shouldn’t you be out on your date with Snitker?

55 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F0204%2Fr661584_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

The Jags have proposed a project around TIAA Bank Field that includes a football facility, two outdoor practice fields and an indoor field. It would cost more than $441 million...

billionaires needing more public money. 

Any citizen that votes for this stuff is ignorant, dumb, or both

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0205%2Fr811161_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Britt Reid, son of Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, pleaded not guilty Monday to critically injuring a young girl in a crash shortly before Kansas City played in the Super Bowl.

Garbage human is allowed to drive even though he destroyed a young girl’s life and pleads not guilty. 

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0205%2Fr811161_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Britt Reid, son of Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, pleaded not guilty Monday to critically injuring a young girl in a crash shortly before Kansas City played in the Super Bowl.

Garbage human is allowed to drive even though he destroyed a young girl’s life and pleads not guilty. 

The criminal justice system only applies to the poors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 2:42 AM, Keyser_Soze said:
1285890613.jpg
WWW.OUTSPORTS.COM

The Raiders lineman says it’s about time that he came out as gay.

The best thing that I think can happen with Nassib coming forward is it will hopefully start a chain reaction of other athletes coming out and not having to live their lives in the shadows.

However, it is also up to the players, in all the leagues to make this work.  All the leagues were social justice conscious in the last few years which, whatever anyone’s position on sports and social issues, I personally would not deny them the right to be so.

...now, though, the rubber meets the road and THEY have to prove that wasn’t just posturing. It will be a very bad look and very bad for the future of all professional spots if Carl is prejudiced against by his colleagues.

• 2 weeks later...
GettyImages-1233908909-e1626089584705.jp
PROFOOTBALLTALK.NBCSPORTS.COM

Washington quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick wants the confidence he has in himself to trickle down to other members of the team and that effort will be helped by his show of confidence in his offensive teammates. In addition to signing Fitzpatrick this offseason, Washington also added wide receivers Curtis Samuel, Adam Humphries and Dyami Brown to [more]

@Slug

• Like 1

I mean...I hope so?  I'm glad the dude is confident, but unless he suddenly developed consistency this late in his career I'm going to have to wait and see.  

Pretty stoked to watch our D murder some people though. :P