The Thread of Sensible Chuckles

Jason

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I turn 40 this year and the worst fracture I've ever had was a hairline crack in my pinky. I guess I don't qualify for that subreddit.

No, you’re weak boned trash that skated and got lucky for 40 years.

The only things that don’t count is if you voluntarily break / remove a bone for surgery or something.

A woman asked if it counted when her developing baby kicked her hard enough to break her rib. It did count and she was weak boned trash, but some consider the child to be their new god.

The only time I’ve seen the sub break kayfabe was someone who posted an x-ray of their hand after an accident. I don’t remember what happened to them but the scan looked like they left their hand in a hydraulic press, it was terrifying. They actually seemed concerned as opposed to telling them their marrow was trash.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

No, you’re weak boned trash that skated and got lucky for 40 years.

The only things that don’t count is if you voluntarily break / remove a bone for surgery or something.

A woman asked if it counted when her developing baby kicked her hard enough to break her rib. It did count and she was weak boned trash, but some consider the child to be their new god.

The only time I’ve seen the sub break kayfabe was someone who posted an x-ray of their hand after an accident. I don’t remember what happened to them but the scan looked like they left their hand in a hydraulic press, it was terrifying. They actually seemed concerned as opposed to telling them their marrow was trash.

Weak boned and muscled since I also tore my left deltoid. Don't tear muscles people, they never heal quite right. I wish I could say I tore it over something cool, but I tore it trying to reach a fucking pacifier my son dropped under the third row of our old SUV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Brick said:

Huh? 

The reason that *most* people can squeeze an egg very hard and not break it is because you're applying a relatively equal amount of pressure in all directions simultaneously, combined with the shape of the egg which provides the greatest amount of strength at the the "ends." If you're wearing a ring while you attempt this (the guy who couldn't break the egg was not, the guy who shattered the egg was), much more force is being applied to the very small area where the ring is making contact with the egg. If you squeeze an egg while wearing a ring, you're basically replicating how we deliberately crack an egg for cooking; taking a very small area of the egg and applying pressure to it with something else "small."

I said *most* because it's possible someone could grip the egg in such a way that you're not applying relatively evenly distributed pressure, or maybe have really large or really small hands that would basically accomplish the same thing; lots of pressure in a small area as opposed to equal pressure across most of the egg.

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The reason that *most* people can squeeze an egg very hard and not break it is because you're applying a relatively equal amount of pressure in all directions simultaneously, combined with the shape of the egg which provides the greatest amount of strength at the the "ends." If you're wearing a ring while you attempt this (the guy who couldn't break the egg was not, the guy who shattered the egg was), much more force is being applied to the very small area where the ring is making contact with the egg. If you squeeze an egg while wearing a ring, you're basically replicating how we deliberately crack an egg for cooking; taking a very small area of the egg and applying pressure to it with something else "small."

I said *most* because it's possible someone could grip the egg in such a way that you're not applying relatively evenly distributed pressure, or maybe have really large or really small hands that would basically accomplish the same thing; lots of pressure in a small area as opposed to equal pressure across most of the egg.

Makes sense, although can't tell if you're just trying to trick me into doing it myself and getting egg on my face, literally... 

:notsure:

25 minutes ago, Brick said:

Makes sense, although can't tell if you're just trying to trick me into doing it myself and getting egg on my face, literally... 

:notsure:

There's only one way to find out!

Kidding aside, here's a video where other people try it and fail. You can see her take her ring off before she does the squeeze for the reason I mentioned.