Jump to content

Black Mirror Bandersnatch Trailer


Recommended Posts

How were the last batch of new episodes by the way? I forgot where/when I stopped watching but I saw select episodes of seasons 1 and 2 I think. 

 

What I did see was really, really good and especially the writing impressed the shit out of me. That being said, I didn't watch all of it due to its oppressive nature and my wife not being a fan of anything vaguely "Sci-Fi" on top of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

So I take it this is a feature length movie, not a regular episode?

The rumor (that I don't think has been confirmed) is that it's a choose your own adventure film. Supposedly they shot ~5 hours of footage, but Netflix is listing it as a feature with a 90 min runtime. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

 

I think the trailer looks good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bloodporne said:

How were the last batch of new episodes by the way? I forgot where/when I stopped watching but I saw select episodes of seasons 1 and 2 I think. 

 

What I did see was really, really good and especially the writing impressed the shit out of me. That being said, I didn't watch all of it due to its oppressive nature and my wife not being a fan of anything vaguely "Sci-Fi" on top of it.

I still haven't seen all of season 4 yet. I keep forgetting about it. There are some great episodes in seasons 3 and 4, and some that are just ok. San Junipero gets extra points for being not oppressive, but rather beautiful and touching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I still haven't seen all of season 4 yet. I keep forgetting about it. There are some great episodes in seasons 3 and 4, and some that are just ok. San Junipero gets extra points for being not oppressive, but rather beautiful and touching. 

The first episode I saw was the dead husband cyborg one because a friend wouldn't leave me the fuck alone about it. Quite frankly, I sat there with my jaw on the floor afterwards which never happens being as jaded as I am. I didn't expect that at all. 

 

After that I watched San Junipero and the social media rating episodes back-to-back and was blown away by the writing. 

 

I'll get back on it but the show really affects me emotionally when it's in top form. Heavy hitting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bloodporne said:

The first episode I saw was the dead husband cyborg one because a friend wouldn't leave me the fuck alone about it. Quite frankly, I sat there with my jaw on the floor afterwards which never happens being as jaded as I am. I didn't expect that at all. 

 

After that I watched San Junipero and the social media rating episodes back-to-back and was blown away by the writing. 

 

I'll get back on it but the show really affects me emotionally when it's in top form. Heavy hitting. 

Watch the Star Trek one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, johnny said:

Watch the Star Trek one 

The U.S.S. Callister.  That one was amazing.

Just now, Bloodporne said:

Will do although I should say I know nothing about that show so maybe some of it may be lost on me.

If you know anything about the generic tropes surrounding that genre of show (episodic space sci-fi) you'll be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

 

Refresh my memory? Was that the one 

 

  Hide contents

Where the internet trolls are blackmailing the people into doing shit?

 

Yes, it's the one that starts with that rather...creepy looking teenager looking at things on his computer and ending up in this wild goose chase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Firewithin said:

so how does this type of thing work?  does it just pause and give you option of what you want to see next?  (like a skip intro type button?)

Two options pop up at the bottom of the screen, but it doesn't pause. If you don't pick one before the timer runs out, it picks for you. It keeps things moving seamlessly, which feels impressive. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched it the second time last night, the first was with my girlfriend and we picked the choices together... last night I was by myself and I got some totally different outcomes than when I did with her. I liked it and look forward to more of this type of experience moving forward. No it's not a "traditional" narrative in the sense of a film or television episode, but it is also not trying to be. Everything about it is very meta in how it deals with the medium, narrative and themes. Anyone who has ever played a Bioware or CD Projeckt game or who has ever read a choose your own adventure book as a kid should have no problem with this. For others, this is the first TV show with it's own walkthrough :p

 

I don't know what the reviewers are saying (nor do I care) but I would think gamers would get a lot out of watching and discovering the different paths the narrative can take and "getting" all the endings. Apparently, it has an ending so hidden, the director himself can't get to it. I'll be rewatching myself a couple more times to get some different endings, I've already gotten a couple pretty different ones. I hope the apparently mixed to negative reviews doesn't dissuade more companies from taking chances like this especially with the streaming formats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...