~Rate The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched Thread~

4 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Damn, lol. I feel like there is a little anger there. Lol. 

I get a little passionate.

Spoiler

The thing is they did a good job portraying Shimotsuki as a character for the viewers to hate, seeing how she treated Ginoza (who now is an enforcer based on the events that took place in the first season).  However, there's a eventual specific scene towards with Shimotsuki towards  the last few episodes that that made her from  annoying/naive to irredeemable piece of shit.

It's not to say that it's a negative, but it's one of the main reasons why I'm kind of not thrilled with Season 2.  And the movie of course didn't change her personality at all.

I'm sure @Greatoneshere can provide a better rebuttal/explanation than I can though.  Don't my personal feelings influence your decision watching it; it still is a good show.

59 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

I'm sure @Greatoneshere can provide a better rebuttal/explanation than I can though.  Don't my personal feelings influence your decision watching it; it still is a good show.

I definitely would but I haven't seen season 2 or the movie yet. :p Heard season 2 is garbage, but I've heard the movie is pretty good. 

6 hours ago, darkness35 said:

I get a little passionate.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm actually on episode 9 of season 2 and I can understand your comment now. I really get it.

Psycho Pass Season 2

Not as good as season 1 but still had me on the edge of my seat to find the conclusion. Inspector Tsunemori was really the one being pushed but the situation was good. While the plot was strange at some points, it kept me entertained. @darkness35 , I so understand now. 

Looking forward to check out the movie this weekend.

Skyscraper

Glad I checked this one out for myself. I enjoy movies with The Rock and, for me, it delivered. It had action and it was thrilling. I can see why it was an homage to old action movies. The visuals helped so much in telling the story. I would really love to see the behind the scenes of this movie. It's definitely a popcorn flick but it's fun.

4/5

4 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

Psycho Pass Season 2

Not as good as season 1 but still had me on the edge of my seat to find the conclusion. Inspector Tsunemori was really the one being pushed but the situation was good. While the plot was strange at some points, it kept me entertained. @darkness35 , I so understand now. 

Looking forward to check out the movie this weekend.

Yeah the concept of Season 2 (and eventually the movie makes sense).  I think the issues were the execution and the rather short season that may have hindered the overall impact with it.

Just now, darkness35 said:

Yeah the concept of Season 2 (and eventually the movie makes sense).  I think the issues were the execution and the rather short season that may have hindered the overall impact with it.

Yeah, that was a lot to digest in season 2. A few more episodes would have went a long way to make the issue this time to truly embrace what was happening and to understand it more thoroughly. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, Hurdyb1 said:

Skyscraper

Glad I checked this one out for myself. I enjoy movies with The Rock and, for me, it delivered. It had action and it was thrilling. I can see why it was an homage to old action movies. The visuals helped so much in telling the story. I would really love to see the behind the scenes of this movie. It's definitely a popcorn flick but it's fun.

4/5

Glad you enjoyed it! :)

• Thanks 1

Hell or High Water - 8/10.  I really enjoyed it and have had in on my Amazon Prime list for quite some time.  I felt no remorse for either brother and as a rarity, would have enjoyed an extra 10-15 minutes of build up about their family life (both previous and current). 

Either way, well worth my time.  I was going to watch either; Jackie, The Prestige or Blade Runner 2049, but have opted for some PS4 instead.

5 hours ago, johnny said:

Seems pretty realistic too. Like I bet they ran out of condoms a while ago and what else are those two gonna do at night lol 

True that. I had mixed thoughts about a pregnancy during this time but yeah, if the moment is right........yup.

I think the pull out method is more plausible. Which has been responsible for more births? A guy leaving it in too long or the tragic slaying of a child. Then they rationalize it later after realizing what they’ve done. 

Avengers Infinity War

This is a 2 hour 20 minute not counting credits movie with ZERO fat, complete collimation of 10 years of films and it all works. I have some issues with Thanos's overall plan and general comicbook movie bullshittery but that is par for the course with this type of movie. I was impressed.

8.5/10

The Terminator

From the discussion in the thread about the latest terminator movie I decided to revisit this after at least 20 years. It still holds up, just a great 80s flick. The stop motion of the terminator skeleton and the robo-eye head is sketchy but the animatonric puppet still looks great today. The plot and characters do everything they need to and it all just clicks.

9/10