~Rate The Last Movie/TV Show You Watched Thread~

Fast Seven 2/5

been in my collection for some time and finally watched it. These movies have always been ridiculous but enjoyable at the same time. I didn’t really get that stupid enjoyment out of this one, and that was with me toking some Pineapple Express too. It was like watching Commando for this generation of people but I enjoyed that movie. Well, I guess I can finally watch my Fate of the Furious 4K copy in hopefully 2 years of less. Bluray at least had a good picture quality and awesome 7.1 DTS-HDMA track.  

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR 3D 4.5/5 

Got my copy 2 days ago from Zavvi (need my steelbook 3D) and watched tonight. Except for one panning scene when the camera pans past our heroes faces in Wakanda (bad ghosting but 5 secs top) This is one hell of a solid disc and a must have in your 3D collection (if you have the capability to do so) I watched this after toking some weed with my cousin and her husband. (Strain was Cinderella 99 again) Let’s just say some of the outer space scenes were just mesmerizing as hell. The picture quality is solid start to finish and I think that is thanks to the IMAX cameras used to film this movie. Really felt like you were stuck out there in space with them. Sound (once adjusted) was pretty good, but still lacks a real oomph of impact. What the hell is Disney thinking, not releasing it here in at least a special Best Buy steelbook like Guardians 2. Thank god for the UK

• Like 1

Shameless season 7

almost caught up. Glad to see Lip acknowledge there are two paths in life that he could go down, either get it together or end up as Frank 2.0. The characters are doing new things but at the same time it feels like the show is just treading water.

6/10

Ozark S1 - 9/10

Wow, easily one of my favorite shows right now. For such a dark and gritty crime drama Jason Bateman fits here perfectly while still keeping his sarcastic charm and it never feels forced or out of place. Adds the perfect amount of levity. I also love how the smart characters continually win/get out of situations with their brains. They’re never really tricked or make dumb decisions. Each situation flows from one to the next flawlessly without any need to cheat by making characters do dumb things. It’s all logical fall out from the previous decisions.  Great show, couldn’t possibly recommend it more. 

Started my October Horror 

Bava at his best.Its not scary by most horror movie standards in fact outside of a few scenes its kinda kid friendly and its all about the Gothic atmosphere. 

7/10

The Devils Rejects

This is the exact  of opposite of kid friendly. Its horror that instead of watching the exploits of victims as the killers pick them off 1 by 1 from the shadows , the viewer is almost an accomplice and so much shown in daylight. There isnt a single main character to root for as the "good guys" are bad and the "bad guys" are down right vile.

9/10

4 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Started my October Horror 

Bava at his best.Its not scary by most horror movie standards in fact outside of a few scenes its kinda kid friendly and its all about the Gothic atmosphere. 

7/10

The Devils Rejects

This is the exact  of opposite of kid friendly. Its horror that instead of watching the exploits of victims as the killers pick them off 1 by 1 from the shadows , the viewer is almost an accomplice and so much shown in daylight. There isnt a single main character to root for as the "good guys" are bad and the "bad guys" are down right vile.

9/10

Devils Rejects is one of my favorite horror films. It was such a step up from House of 1000 Corpes. Left me so excited for Zombies future. Then Halloween happened. 

On 10/3/2018 at 6:44 AM, Mercury33 said:

Ozark S1 - 9/10

Wow, easily one of my favorite shows right now. For such a dark and gritty crime drama Jason Bateman fits here perfectly while still keeping his sarcastic charm and it never feels forced or out of place. Adds the perfect amount of levity. I also love how the smart characters continually win/get out of situations with their brains. They’re never really tricked or make dumb decisions. Each situation flows from one to the next flawlessly without any need to cheat by making characters do dumb things. It’s all logical fall out from the previous decisions.  Great show, couldn’t possibly recommend it more. 

Season 2 is just as good.

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

My so bad its good Nic Cage marathon continues. This movie is difficult to describe, it feels like a student production with real actors that were given free reign to a craft services table that was composed of nothing but drugs.

I legit don't even know/10

• Haha 2

On 9/26/2018 at 11:29 AM, GeneticBlueprint said:

The Predator - 2/10 - Would be a 1/10 if Olivia Munn wasn't in this because her beauty can distract you, while only momentarily, from all the genuine terribleness in this movie. It is so, so bad.

Whats everyones (or those who watched it) opinion of the change behind the Predators purpose.... apparently they arent just hunting anymore and are here for a different purpose...

I think its lame, but i guess the "theyre hunting" narrative boxes in the storytelling too much?

11 hours ago, elbobo said:

Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

My so bad its good Nic Cage marathon continues. This movie is difficult to describe, it feels like a student production with real actors that were given free reign to a craft services table that was composed of nothing but drugs.

I legit don't even know/10

It's a legit movie directed by Werner Herzog. Movie is bugnuts but awesome. This is NOT a so bad it's good Nic Cage movie, it's meant to just be a legit good (but crazy) film. 

What we do in the shadows

a great mocumentary, fun characters, great moments and doesn't over stay its welcome

8.5/10

shameless season 8

finally caught up. Ian's plot was fairly ridiculous this season, I think they are really running out of things for people to do. Kev and V are the only characters who I have really enjoyed for the entire series.

6/10

Rampage 7.5/10 - knows what it is and characters play up to that tone. The Rock as always is effective and entertaining and carries his part of the load... pretty entertaining watch if you check your brain at the door and dont question some of the logic that creates the spectacle...

just kept waiting for the Rat to pay off..

Good on Malin Akerman to accept the mantle of villainy, its her forte

After watching A Star is Born and Maniac, La La Land seemed like a natural revisit. After this viewing, two things felt particularly acute: this was made by an accomplished filmmaker, and these singers (not counting Legend), do not measure up to Bradley Cooper, much less Lady Gaga. Still, as a film, I think La La Land stands as one of the best of the last few years. It’s amazing to me that it’s something that is such a throwback and yet feels so original. Something so old school that is entirely contemporary. It’s so much more than a performance piece and just so well shot and acted, it feels like something that takes fully advantage of the medium. 

Most of that is all to say that I can’t wait to see first man.

A Star is Born also has me hankering to revisit Inside Llewyn Davis, and I’m such a sucker for the Coen Bros that I seem to hold each film of theirs in higher esteem after each viewing. 

Watched a couple of B and C tier Horror films

This film has 3 things going for it. A great soundtrack,Tom Atkins, and an unconventional ending for the time. The plot is Meh . ,the special effects are down right terrible,and the writing is feels like it belongs in a outer limits knock off episode. I would rate this as Carpenters worst work.

3/10

A Film Noir /fanatsy horror about a detective ( Scott Bakula ) who is helping a widow (Famke Jannsen ) . The special effects are nothing special but are serviceable and everything else is just kind of middle of the road quality. Its an interesting mash up of genres that work well together.

5/10

UPGRADE 4.5/5

PQ: 4/5

AQ: 4.25/5 

A hyped movie I kept reading/hearing about that lived up to that hype. Hard to believe this from the guy who made Saw, but it does show his gruesome roots. The lead does a great job between his quadriplegic act to being more machine than man. I don’t want to say too much more about the movie so you can enjoy the ride. The video is good but not the sharpest looking either, but the sound is good for the intense moments. Go see this movie now (and no I DIDN’T toke anything beforehand) 

Skyscraper

it is exactly what you think it would be, mindless summer action movie

6/10

Jack Ryan

A decent reboot of the character/franchise. My main complaint is that Ryan is involved in EVERYTHING that happens, every situation he is right there somehow. The drone pilot plot was completely unneeded as well. Also the last episode has one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in a show 

the main terrorist who is the most wanted man on the planet just comes through US customs with just a fake passport no problem what so ever, he didn't shave his beard or anything, it would be like Bin Laden trying to come into the US in October 2001

6.5/10

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, SimpleG said:

A Film Noir /fanatsy horror about a detective ( Scott Bakula ) who is helping a widow (Famke Jannsen ) . The special effects are nothing special but are serviceable and everything else is just kind of middle of the road quality. Its an interesting mash up of genres that work well together.

5/10

It isn't really a good movie and yet there is something about the movie that any time I see it is on I'll watch it.

Bad Time at the El Royale   7.5/10   Pretty cool,. Had to laugh as the woman seated to my right seemed to jump out of her seat every 2 minutes, everything that happened seemed to shock the hell out of her.

Venom

In a word, surreal. It's got the bones of a thoroughly stupid, average movie with a multitude of strange moments grafted onto it. As I sit with it more, I highly suspect (or perhaps just hope) that the movie was reworked significantly to gel with Tom Hardy's unrestrained gonzo performance. He does some truly bizarre, yet at times strangely affecting work as both the down-on-his-luck schlub Eddie Brock and the "bit-of-a-loser-on-his-home-planet" Venom, creating a buddy cop pairing for the ages. They provide the unexpected(?) laughs and are in a completely different movie, while Riz Ahmed (half-attempting to sell shit dialogue) occupies himself with some undercooked corporate malfeasance and swipes at human longevity, and Michelle Williams (hopelessly lost) tries to do ... something with a shaky romance.

The first ten minutes looks and feels like a rom-com and features a completely out-of-place montage establishing Brock as the anchor of a news show that belongs on YouTube at best.

The action is complete garbage.

Very conflicted and confused. I'll see the inevitable sequel.

11 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I’ve read that review 3 times and have no idea if you liked it or not. 

Having seen the movie I fully understood everything in the review. The answer is "yes, sort of". Everything with Tom Hardy including his interactions with Venom are entertaining and you want to see more. The action, plot, and other characters drag the experience down.

On 10/13/2018 at 12:41 AM, silentbob said:

UPGRADE 4.5/5

PQ: 4/5

AQ: 4.25/5 

A hyped movie I kept reading/hearing about that lived up to that hype. Hard to believe this from the guy who made Saw, but it does show his gruesome roots. The lead does a great job between his quadriplegic act to being more machine than man. I don’t want to say too much more about the movie so you can enjoy the ride. The video is good but not the sharpest looking either, but the sound is good for the intense moments. Go see this movie now (and no I DIDN’T toke anything beforehand) 

Great movie. Just to be clear, Upgrade was written and directed by the guy who wrote (but did not direct) Saw 1, Leigh Whannell (whose written plenty of things but only previously directed Insidious 3). Saw 1 was directed by James Wan, who has gone on to direct movies like Dead Silence, Death Sentence, Insidious 1 + 2, The Conjuring 1 + 2, Furious 7, and the upcoming Aquaman. 

Venom - 1/5 - Unlike the worst of the DC films, I wasn't entirely bored or actively angry with this one, but I feel like my enjoyment came at the expense of the film, not because of it.

First Man - 4/5 - A unique take on an iconic hero. I'll see it again for sure. My full review.

Bad Times at the El Royale - 2/5 - Kind of fun, but overly long. The filmmaking was better than the script.