I have 100+ hours in the Darksiders franchise - AMA about it!

Commissar SFLUFAN

Between the original game and its Warmastered Edition, the Deathinitive Edition of Darksiders II, and the Abomination Vault novel, I have well over 100 hours committed to the Darksiders franchise which makes me the world's leading expert on it.

With the impending release of Darksiders III, feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the series in this thread!

1 hour ago, The def star said:

Is the second one good? I have all these remastered versions and I am cautious about completing the Trilogy :s

The second one is VERY different from the first in that it's pretty much a full-on loot-based RPG.  I really enjoyed my time with it, but the game itself is about 20 hours too long and the second world is very visually unappealing.

42 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I know the comparison to Zelda are fairly common, but however similar is the gameplay?  Does it hit on that Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess vibe with towns, dungeons, item gathering etc - or is it mainly linked with restricted progression?

Mainly linked with restricted progression.

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Yes, you should definitely give at least the first game another shot.

OK, I have the Warmastered Edition on PS4 (which I didn't remember buying, but it was in a Humble Bundle just a couple weeks ago :lol:). I don't think I've touched the original in a good 6+ years, so it'll probably feel more or less fresh. I'll add it to my "actually play this some day" list. 

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

The second one is VERY different from the first in that it's pretty much a full-on loot-based RPG.  I really enjoyed my time with it, but the game itself is about 20 hours too long and the second world is very visually unappealing.

Some of the dungeons definitely should have been cut.  I didn’t bother with the dlc because the base game already had too much padding.  

I found the loot and crafting to be tedious, and I hope it’s not in the third game.

despite my complaints they are fun games and worth playing

23 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Some of the dungeons definitely should have been cut.  I didn’t bother with the dlc because the base game already had too much padding.  

I found the loot and crafting to be tedious, and I hope it’s not in the third game.

despite my complaints they are fun games and worth playing

The DLC for Darksiders II ranges from "passable" to "terrible" :p

As far as I know, there is no loot/crafting in Darksiders III.  In fact, according to Gunfire Games, the budget for Darksiders III is smaller than that for the first game :p