The Mariners

thewhyteboar

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Can the Braves please hire a big league manager and not a minor league journeyman manager? Thanks

he's been with the organization forever. it's ultimately up to the players to win games. the Braves will be fine. 

5 hours ago, Iculus said:

he's been with the organization forever. it's ultimately up to the players to win games  

And? You act as if time with the organization is a valid reason to put him at the helm to lead the team. Yes it’s up to the players to win games but it’s also the managers job to put his players in the best position to win those games. Look at the Hawks. Same team, same players, better coach to lead them and they look like a different team. Brian is a nice guy but that’s a silly reason to keep him as manager when clearly he isn’t good at it. 

34 minutes ago, Biggie said:

And? You act as if time with the organization is a valid reason to put him at the helm to lead the team. Yes it’s up to the players to win games but it’s also the managers job to put his players in the best position to win those games. Look at the Hawks. Same team, same players, better coach to lead them and they look like a different team. Brian is a nice guy but that’s a silly reason to keep him as manager when clearly he isn’t good at it. 

You called him a journeyman. He isn't. That's what I was addressing. Words mean things.

They play 160 games. Calm down, or send your hat back. I don't really give a shit.

58 minutes ago, Iculus said:

You called him a journeyman. He isn't. That's what I was addressing. Words mean things.

They play 160 games. Calm down, or send your hat back. I don't really give a shit.

The way you defend this guy I’d swear he was your uncle. I like the team just not the skipper so I’ll keep my hat. Sorry I didn’t know you weren’t allowed to be a fan of a team and criticize it’s crap leadership. 

7 hours ago, Biggie said:

The way you defend this guy I’d swear he was your uncle. I like the team just not the skipper so I’ll keep my hat. Sorry I didn’t know you weren’t allowed to be a fan of a team and criticize it’s crap leadership. 

Baseball managers are the least consequential out of all sports. They sign the lineup card, and make pitching changes. 90% of their job is to stand on the top step of the dugout and yell come on kid. They are glorified cheerleaders. 

Do you actually watch the games, or do you just get score updates?

Going into yesterday's game Morton had a 1.13 ERA in the 1st 4 innings. He gave up 5 in 3 yesterday. Is that on Snitker?

The Braves lead the league in team bullpen ERA (low 2s), yet they were garbage over the weekend. Snitker?

Pache's bat isn't ready for the show, but there is no minor league for him to participate in. They can't just let one of their best prospects rot. Snitker?

The NL leader in HRs and RBI from last year has 1 HR and 4 RBI with a sub .200 BA. Duval would've helped cover that up but without a universal DH there isn't a roster spot for him. 

Snitker is exactly the kind of manager you want at the helm on a team this young. Complaining about him just makes you sound like a typical know-nothing caller to a sports talk radio show.

58 minutes ago, Iculus said:

Baseball managers are the least consequential out of all sports. They sign the lineup card, and make pitching changes. 90% of their job is to stand on the top step of the dugout and yell come on kid. They are glorified cheerleaders. 

Do you actually watch the games, or do you just get score updates?

Going into yesterday's game Morton had a 1.13 ERA in the 1st 4 innings. He gave up 5 in 3 yesterday. Is that on Snitker?

The Braves lead the league in team bullpen ERA (low 2s), yet they were garbage over the weekend. Snitker?

Pache's bat isn't ready for the show, but there is no minor league for him to participate in. They can't just let one of their best prospects rot. Snitker?

The NL leader in HRs and RBI from last year has 1 HR and 4 RBI with a sub .200 BA. Duval would've helped cover that up but without a universal DH there isn't a roster spot for him. 

Snitker is exactly the kind of manager you want at the helm on a team this young. Complaining about him just makes you sound like a typical know-nothing caller to a sports talk radio show.

Wow, maybe you should be the manager since obviously you know everything. 

Also get a room for yourself and Brian. 

Also want to point out that “making pitching changes” is highly consequential to the outcome of games, which is why managers affects runs allowed much more than runs scored!

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Also want to point out that “making pitching changes” is highly consequential to the outcome of games, which is why managers affects runs allowed much more than runs scored!

Managers are nothing more than glorified cheerleaders according to @Iculus  Their decisions mean nothing and don’t have any bearing on the outcomes of games. 

25 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I still want to know how the defending champs have no SNB games early in the year. Today’s game would be something most baseball fans would want to see.

I got an MLB.tv all teams sub this year, so I’m fortunately covered for these situations

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I got an MLB.tv all teams sub this year, so I’m fortunately covered for these situations

Yeah I get that too because fuck watching the Diamondbacks but the defending champs who currently  have the best record in baseball should be getting  a little more priority.

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

I still want to know how the defending champs have no SNB games early in the year. Today’s game would be something most baseball fans would want to see.

Right? I’m a Braves fan but come on I’d rather see Padres/Dodgers tonight. I haven’t seen any of the games so far. MLB does a horrible job of marketing themselves and then wonders why the youth aren’t picking up the sport. 

18 hours ago, Dodger said:

Just move to San Diego, they show all the Padres games on one channel (unless it is nationally televised)