The Mariners

thewhyteboar

23 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Pulling a guy with 12 Ks and 0 hits through 6 is exactly what is making baseball less exciting.

Normally I’d love to fervently disagree with you on this stuff, but less than 90 pitches is weird!

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Braves started this season off exactly how they started last season off. Getting swept by Philadelphia. 

The pitching has been stellar, though. The offense will get it going. It's actually been really encouraging. 

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

@sblfilms

What’s the scouting report on my boy Urquidy? I probably shouldn’t have started him.

He was working on locating the fastball up and his slider this offseason. Early reports are very positive on both. I think he's currently a really solid #3 and could move into a #2 role as the year goes on. Long term I love him much and expect him to be the Astros top of the rotation guy either next year or the year after that. Definitely start him against teams that 1) have lefty heavy lineups as he's significantly better against lefties, and 2) teams that strike out a lot as the dude has very impressive control.

It was about as good an opening weekend as you can hope for. Lots of positive signs for an obviously talented team that still had some meaningful question marks. Biggest concern is starting pitching, but should have Odorizzi in the rotation by next week which will be a boost. I think Click still needs to be looking for one more starting pitch and one more outfielder who can hit to fill out this team that has every reason to plan for a deep playoff run again.

So not only does he call a bizarrely wide zone, he doesn’t even get calls right with his little league zone 😂 I’m not even mad, impressed he gets away with it year after year

I love the ridiculous spin rate these guys can achieve, don’t care if it’s from banned substances or not!

(it’s obviously from banned substances 😂)

27 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I love the ridiculous spin rate these guys can achieve, don’t care if it’s from banned substances or not!

I mean MLB juices the damn ball so I say let them do whatever to put things on an equal playing field. 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Someone’s angwy.

Going to my first game of the year on Monday night. It will be against A.J.’s Tigers. Will be weird to see him in the opposing teams dugout at Minute Maid 😭