Official Destiny 2 Thread - Blad's Best Friend Club, update: significant layoffs hit Bungie, including composer Michael Salvatori

NeoJoe

Overall I'd rate this Forsaken DLC a 6/10. It's better than the last two for sure but those little expansions were near worthless. The story is short and pretty weak, 6 missions with 6 adventures padded in. Knowing that Cayde was dead ahead of time kinda ruined some of the impact. Too bad Bungie used it as a marketing ploy. The enemies are reskins of the Hive, the mechanics are basically the same from acting like cursed thrall to the ogres. The enemies are really just zombies. There wasn't much in this that was original other than Gambit mode. Everything esle was what we've seen before. And because of the messed up currency issues the grind is worse than ever. This should have been $20. 

• Guillotine 2

I used the seed on my Hunter again and unlocked the way of a thousand cuts. That blade barrage is stupid powerful, it seems stronger than golden gun(probably not saying much). And it's works long distance. Might even have slight tracking. I thought I was off the mark on some of my throws but it landed perfectly regardless. 

3 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I used the seed on my Hunter again and unlocked the way of a thousand cuts. That blade barrage is stupid powerful, it seems stronger than golden gun(probably not saying much). And it's works long distance. Might even have slight tracking. I thought I was off the mark on some of my throws but it landed perfectly regardless. 

There's no reason to use Golden gun over the blades in pve. The blades out-damage celestial nighthawk on a single target, and you don't even have to aim them. In crucible maybe the guns have the advantage, but the blades still can get multikills or shutdown enemy supers.

I love the new super, but it totally made the other two irrelevant. 

Some people say the old armor and weapons are useless. So I went into collections and bought a full set of Vanguard armor but swapped the pants for Frosties(those things make you now turn on a dime while sprinting on top of fast ability regen). For weapons I got the EDZ auto. for secondary and heavey a grenade launcher and rocket launcher both with auto loading while holstered. I hate reloading. And so far I don't notice much difference compared to the new armor perks. only thing is maybe less heavy ammo drops, eh. But I've decided to keep this set up for my hunter for a while because it works. I just can't infuse same item to item as these things don't drop anymore. And while mods can only be added to the armor but the weapons can still be masterworked to produce those orbs. I think I'm bored with the game really, need something different to mess around with. 

39 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

@bladimir2k After you left, finally got my 5th HC kill in Gambit after putting it off all week.  

Now I need to work on Ace of Spades quest to see the new hotness.

BTW @Emblazon you guys try the raid?

Nope. But I did watch a group attempt to get through the first boss, I figured it out and know how to get past the first part. It's the DPS that's the issue. 

Oh, I did take myself into the Raid, and also know how to get to the first section (though it's not tough to get there). 

The first encounter is similar to Dogs from Leviathan. 

Strategy discussion:

Spoiler

There are six plates (three sets of two) that need to be charged to be able to damage the boss. Normally, people pair off into three groups of two and take their assigned plates. HOWEVER, I wonder if all 6 Guardians can charge one plate at a time? That would make that part SUPER easy because 6>>>2. 

13 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

The first encounter is similar to Dogs from Leviathan. 

Strategy discussion:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

From what I read people only doing that cause DPS is an issue right now and you'll die from Adds solo.  But there is a vid out there of it being 2-manned lol.  I didn't see what power level they are though.

12 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Hide contents

From what I read people only doing that cause DPS is an issue right now and you'll die from Adds solo.  But there is a vid out there of it being 2-manned lol.  I didn't see what power level they are though.

Spoiler

That's what I'm saying--if the plates aren't all required to be charged at the same time, we could put more people per plate (3 people to 3 plates one plate at a time, or all 6 stay together and work your way around the room). That would make clearing the room a lot easier. 

But if a plate from each of the three sets needs to be charged concurrently, then it makes that strategy moot. 

We won't know until we try! :sun:

23 hours ago, eggydoo said:

@bladimir2k After you left, finally got my 5th HC kill in Gambit after putting it off all week.  

Now I need to work on Ace of Spades quest to see the new hotness.

Nice!! The rest should be fairly straight forward and easy. The only hard part is 25 HC headshot kills in crucible which should be easy on PC. I think I got it done in like 2-3 games.

22 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

Nice!! The rest should be fairly straight forward and easy. The only hard part is 25 HC headshot kills in crucible which should be easy on PC. I think I got it done in like 2-3 games.

I thought I could knock this out quickly with IB going....I was sssoooo wrong.

Too many clans playing together its hard enough to get kills as a solo player.  I only got 6 headshot kills in 4 games.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:56 PM, ALIEN-gunner said:

Overall I'd rate this Forsaken DLC a 6/10. It's better than the last two for sure but those little expansions were near worthless. The story is short and pretty weak, 6 missions with 6 adventures padded in. Knowing that Cayde was dead ahead of time kinda ruined some of the impact. Too bad Bungie used it as a marketing ploy. The enemies are reskins of the Hive, the mechanics are basically the same from acting like cursed thrall to the ogres. The enemies are really just zombies. There wasn't much in this that was original other than Gambit mode. Everything esle was what we've seen before. And because of the messed up currency issues the grind is worse than ever. This should have been $20. 

Have you tried the new strikes?  They are so good.

The new one that opened up after the raid + the warden of nothing are amazing.

Anyone else having problems with matchmaking? Gambit and crucible matches get stuck at 7/8 or 11/12 and sit there for minutes. Last night I was in matchmaking for longer than one of my matches cause we got mercied by a six-stack so fast. Dudes were already using the Luna howl gun from that crazy competitive questline :o